Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Play for Free From Aug 9-15 + Earn Free Stuff by Watching the QuakeCon 2018 Keynote - Elder Scrolls

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imagePlay for Free From Aug 9-15 + Earn Free Stuff by Watching the QuakeCon 2018 Keynote - Elder Scrolls Online - MMORPG.com

Elder Scrolls Online News - In honor of this weekend's QuakeCon 2018, Bethesda is offering fans a chance to play Elder Scrolls Online for free from August 9th to August 15th. During the free play event, ESO's base game and the island of Vvardenfell will be fully open to players on all platforms.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• PiscorePiscore Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Many game do something on August 9th hahaha is funny the damage control for the release of MHW.

l2p

• gandlesgandles Member UncommonPosts: 84
    MHW is garbage.
    Margraveceh430RemyVorenderScellow
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    With the upset over the direction of WoW, I bet this is in hope of getting some of the distraught.
    Soki123
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I was just wishing the other day for a flaming wolf pet. Looks like my wishes are going to come true. :-)
    Iselin[Deleted User]infomatz

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    Extremely poor timing considering MHW PC release and WoW expansion launch.
    Scellow

Thank you for your time!

• 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889

gandles said:

MHW is garbage.

That's rather intricate way to say "my mum cannot afford spending $50 to buy me the best game of the year"
    VaselJeroKaneStjerneodd

Thank you for your time!

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558

Margrave said:

With the upset over the direction of WoW, I bet this is in hope of getting some of the distraught.

Very few vocal are upset. I know plenty more happier about it and are returning then not. It s a huge margin too.
  • gandlesgandles Member UncommonPosts: 84

3dom said:

gandles said:

MHW is garbage.

That's rather intricate way to say "my mum cannot afford spending $50 to buy me the best game of the year"

Yeah...That's the reason entirely...
  • VaselVasel Member UncommonPosts: 226
    A lot of older titles are expecting a kick in the users this weekend.
  • ScotchUpScotchUp Member UncommonPosts: 228
    edited August 2018
    Until they fix the PvP and bot cheater problems ESO will continue to have issues with getting new players or getting old ones back. Think it was like a month ago where they had a free weekend.
    “The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”
    George Carlin
  • frangoazulfrangoazul Member UncommonPosts: 31
    no
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I was just wishing the other day for a flaming wolf pet. Looks like my wishes are going to come true. :-)
    In August? That's nuts. You should be wishing for an ice wolf carrying a beer fridge... maybe next year,
    Octagon7711
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

edited August 2018
    So this starts today? I'll be there! :-) Oops, I see the keynote address is tomorrow... reading is fundamental I suppose. :smile:

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

So... QuakeCon is up! :smiley:

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    Chat is nothing but people spamming ESO lol
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Free Crown Crates yipee! yahoo!
    Octagon7711Iselin

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

Rage 2 looks pretty good!
    Tiller

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    laserit said:
    They created a new type of crown crate specifically for twitch event giveaways - the Ouroboros crates - that have an even smaller chance of dropping something that isn't just consumables (food, potions, etc.) than normal crates.

No big deal, it's just free stuff after all, but I nevertheless find their micromanagement of crown crates so that they give away "lesser" ones for watching twitch streams amusing. Someone is spending way too much time thinking about gifting some stuff but not too much :)

laserit
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    Iselin said:
    laserit said:
    They created a new type of crown crate specifically for twitch event giveaways - the Ouroboros crates - that have an even smaller chance of dropping something that isn't just consumables (food, potions, etc.) than normal crates.

No big deal, it's just free stuff after all, but I nevertheless find their micromanagement of crown crates so that they give away "lesser" ones for watching twitch streams amusing. Someone is spending way too much time thinking about gifting some stuff but not too much :)

Actually though you can convert that crap to gems so you can get something your really want. I rarely keep the crown potions and poisons since I can craft what I need.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter