Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ambitious Roadmap Targeting a Late 2020 Release - Dual Universe News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageAmbitious Roadmap Targeting a Late 2020 Release - Dual Universe News

Novaquark has unleashed a brand new roadmap for the development of Dual Universe. The first alpha event is now slated for November 2018, with the game going through further alpha and beta tests on its way to a

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Nice
  • DavodtheTuttDavodtheTutt Member UncommonPosts: 415
    Ooh, 2020 does seem like a long way to wait for this! Still, better than rushing. Good idea to keep the alpha play under NDA, too -- I've seen too many people complaining about a game's problems when it's doing very well for being at the alpha stage. The clips they showed (still pre-alpha?) look a lot better than what I've seen of other games in alpha. I'll be looking to get in on this as soon as I can justify the expenditure relative to the experience. And my financial status.
    [Deleted User]
  • evolgrinzevolgrinz Member UncommonPosts: 151
    The game looks like it can be good, but still think their choice to make the game subscription based payment model will hurt the player base in the long run.
    There is a reason EVE-online now has a limited F2P option.
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    They've also put out another video: Creating A Metaverse

[Deleted User]metareal
  • SolancerSolancer Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Just my opinions, this game is promising alot, and by 2020 its feels dated. I'm losing interest by year passed already, I need Dual Universe here and now. Of all things DU is going for sub, even EvE online had to go f2p, unless DU can really somehow waaay better than Space Engineers and Star Citizen combine or else its not going to even get 1000 players in the long run. I'm pretty sure something new will take up the build a spaceship player base by 2019 so lets hope DU do well.
  • CostaniusCostanius Member UncommonPosts: 231
    It takes years to make a MMO and its quite normal to have delays. And the devs decided to give access to the alpha versions to ALL original kickstarter backers, even those with low level kickstarter pledge packages!

The videos and video tutorials show whats in already and how it looks now, the new roadmap is a good indication where the game is right now and which features are still missing. So it makes sense to keep the NDA in place a bit longer.

Dual Universe is different from Star Citizen and BOTH games are cool and interesting spacegame-projects in my opinion.
    The biggest difference is that DU is a voxel-world where everything is built and created by players: spaceships, buildings, stations. You don't like the pre-made designs of ships in Star Citizen? In DU You can build Your own...

Another overlooked feature in DU is LUA-scripting. You'll be able to assign LUA-scripts to Your ships and constructs. And the single-shard MMO-universe is already there and working, while SC is still at 50-player-servers for now.

If You like designing and building Your own spaceships and buildings, mining, trade, LUA-scripting, exploration and cooperation in a single-shard sandbox MMO, Dual Universe may be the future Space-MMO for You!

-----------------------------------
    Life is too short to play bad games.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Costanius said:

If You like designing and building Your own spaceships and buildings, mining, trade, LUA-scripting, exploration and cooperation in a single-shard sandbox MMO, Dual Universe may be the future Space-MMO for You!
    Er.....you left out one of the pillars of most games, combat.....where / when will they make the combat, PVE and or PVP available? 

The crafting part really isn't something I and most others really care about too much, they are just activites to support the combat systems.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon