Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UEC Cap Removed, Is The Game Going Full Out Pay To Win?

1234568»

Comments

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Durzax said:
    Nilden said:
    So I just wanted to go back to this since I'm curious.

How do you get that Idris ship since it's not for sale anymore?

The holiday time pledge drives that happen or any time CIG reopen it for pledging.

Was it a give away? Can you earn it by actually playing the game? Did they buy it with real life cash?

Any that pledged for it, yes, they used real money, can also be earned by the referral program. Yes, can be gotten in game by legit/ or not so legit means.

I saw the link you provided to the not currently available official Star Citizen site.

So I did some digging...

This said it was obtained from the Space Marshal package, or rather the variant Idris-P wait that's not it, also $5,000 package.

No that is a 5000 dollar pledge to a new video game's development with the ships as a thank you for the pledge.

So I keep looking and this site has it listed at $1,000 USD

Yeah, so what, every crowdfunded game on this planet has had multiple pledge tiers from there inception, it is time to get with the program for get the fuck over it.

So I figure someone bought this for $1,000 dollars.

I could be wrong but if that's the case losing the ship and it not currently being for sale don't really negate a pay to win argument they further it.

Oh, I am sure the Vanduul will love your Idris or Javelin when they are blowing your ship to bits.
    You or any one else thinking you are buying power/or god mode is delusional.

Feel free to correct, was a whole 10 mins of research.

Your attitude does no favors for the project.  If all you can do is shitpost, GTFO, because you're making progress in the wrong direction for your position.

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    edited August 2018
    Now now guys calm down both of you. This thead is about Star Citizen so keep it on-topic! 

o:) j/k

To anyone guessing on how to do this emote is just open the chat box (F12) and type /rude3

Full video here:
    ExpressYourSelf B)

MadFrenchie
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    So let me get this straight, post a video of a $1,000 space ship getting destroyed = totally not Pay 2 Win.

Well when you leave out the part that it was a $1,000 space ship bought for real money. (that kinda is the Pay 2 Win part) It doesn't matter if you park it in a hanger and get married to it or drive it to the Vandul homeworld where they make the debris into a hotdog stand.

or you know the $27,000 ship package...

nuk nuk nuk

I got news for some people:

Star Citizen sells space ships.

Now I know some people might have trouble with that one, but you can google it, it's true.

Selling space ships in Pay 2 Win.

I know some people are already doing the semantic "what is win" or some other definition BS but we all know it, unless we want to be willfully ignorant or a mental gymnast wearing a white knight cape.

Image result for star citizen pay 2 win

Image result for star citizen pay 2 win legatus

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    So, let me get this straight.  Our $200 million in development funding was used to create a F*** You emote in game.  Interesting... that and bio break features.
    Please tell me the other rude gestures aren’t rip offs from other movies?
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Durzax said:
    @rodarin,

Sure thing there champ.

bwwahaahaaa at time of this post 19 channels 430 viewers. For the biggest game of all time thats quite pathetic. Even the whitest of knights dont start linking twitch because they know the numbers are laughable. Even when they have a stream of the grand master charlatan himself they bearely get 50K viewers. Bethesda had a blank screen up for about 24 hrs and that channel broke 200K a few times.
  • DurzaxDurzax Member UncommonPosts: 87
    rodarin said:
    Durzax said:
    @rodarin,

Sure thing there champ.

bwwahaahaaa at time of this post 19 channels 430 viewers. For the biggest game of all time thats quite pathetic. Even the whitest of knights dont start linking twitch because they know the numbers are laughable. Even when they have a stream of the grand master charlatan himself they bearely get 50K viewers. Bethesda had a blank screen up for about 24 hrs and that channel broke 200K a few times.
    "Not to mention thats just more cinematic crap that is not able to be duplicated on any live servers anywhere. If it were there would be a lot more of it being paraded around as to how 'awesome' SC already is."
    Read more at https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/475218/uec-cap-removed-is-the-game-going-full-out-pay-to-win/p7#xqKaFKO3RVspKQ1T.99

Ah, yes the stupidity of the butthurt goons shine through yet again.
    Purpose of the link went over head eh. Okay then.
    Babuinix
  • BalmongBalmong Member UncommonPosts: 170
    Kefo said:
    So, let me get this straight.  Our $200 million in development funding was used to create a F*** You emote in game.  Interesting... that and bio break features.
    Video games referencing Pop Culture!? The nerve of them!

Seriously though, every dance in the worlds most popular game right now is a reference to something else:

Babuinix
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    rodarin said:
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:
    Not even the haters can keep up with their hate train lol  

Still hanging on the total collapse and saying that live gameplay demos are pre-recorded cutscenes :D

You couldn't make this tinfoileryhat up! 
    It's interesting how you label anyone that's skeptical or pragmatic as a hater.  That's quite an open mind you have
    Saying constantly that a company is collapsing because of financial problems when it's been hiring and expanding or that live gameplay demo is faked when it's shown live is not being skeptical or pragmatic it's being delusional lol

Calling it a hater is being kind tbh  :D
    It cant collapse as long as people are willing to throw money at them. It was just something no one with half a brain would have thought anyone else with half a brain would still be doing after 7 or 8 years.

Despite what ANYONE says the fact is if NOT for the (alleged) money still coming in this project would have ZERO chance of ever being finished. If they didnt get a single penny going forward it also wouldnt be getting finished. And not even the most stalwart white knight would claim otherwise.

It is now just a perpetual running joke and that the only way anything can be done (or better yet REdone) is if people keep giving them money. So forget the 200 million how much more is it going to take?

There isnt a single COMPETENT game developer on the planet who couldnt make SOMETHING (and probably something much better than whatever this abortion has turned into) for that amount of money and time.

Like my other comment said both sides have the same ammunition because the more money getting sent in makes both sides argument for them.
    I actually believe they have a semi reasonable plan for if funding dries up, and that is to downsize their team and do the minimum necessary to finish the high priority items in their pipeline
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    rodarin said:
    Durzax said:
    @rodarin,

Sure thing there champ.

It's not a game yet, and probably never will be, and WOW has had a LOT more dev money poured into it over the years.  It's simply the biggest vaporware of all time at the moment.
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Balmong said:
    Kefo said:
    Video games referencing Pop Culture!? The nerve of them!

Seriously though, every dance in the worlds most popular game right now is a reference to something else:

Never said it was a bad thing. Just wondering if they can think up their own stuff
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    MassivelyOP's latest podcast has a right laugh at CIG for their tone-deafness regarding P2W and unlimited cash bought credits.
    Starts at 33 mins in https://massivelyop.com/2018/08/07/massively-op-podcast-episode-181-some-devs-just-want-to-watch-the-world-tree-burn/
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    rodarin said:
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:
    Not even the haters can keep up with their hate train lol  

Still hanging on the total collapse and saying that live gameplay demos are pre-recorded cutscenes :D

You couldn't make this tinfoileryhat up! 
    It's interesting how you label anyone that's skeptical or pragmatic as a hater.  That's quite an open mind you have
    Saying constantly that a company is collapsing because of financial problems when it's been hiring and expanding or that live gameplay demo is faked when it's shown live is not being skeptical or pragmatic it's being delusional lol

Calling it a hater is being kind tbh  :D
    It cant collapse as long as people are willing to throw money at them. It was just something no one with half a brain would have thought anyone else with half a brain would still be doing after 7 or 8 years.

Despite what ANYONE says the fact is if NOT for the (alleged) money still coming in this project would have ZERO chance of ever being finished. If they didnt get a single penny going forward it also wouldnt be getting finished. And not even the most stalwart white knight would claim otherwise.

It is now just a perpetual running joke and that the only way anything can be done (or better yet REdone) is if people keep giving them money. So forget the 200 million how much more is it going to take?

There isnt a single COMPETENT game developer on the planet who couldnt make SOMETHING (and probably something much better than whatever this abortion has turned into) for that amount of money and time.

Like my other comment said both sides have the same ammunition because the more money getting sent in makes both sides argument for them.
    I actually believe they have a semi reasonable plan for if funding dries up, and that is to downsize their team and do the minimum necessary to finish the high priority items in their pipeline
    I doubt it, Theyre already spending more than theyre making if you can believe the financial reports. SO if they cut half their staff that wont mean half 'the cost'. Not to mention they still continue to re-do things 5, 6, 7 years in. No company has ever had to do that that I know of. Yeah some companies redo things but not after 6 or 7 years. It either works or it doesnt and if it takes 6 or 7 years to realize it doesnt work then thats incompetence of the highest order. I am sure some argument will be made that its not 'broken' just that it can be done 'better'. Which goes back to a lot of the original critics of this project of them redoing things that didnt necessarily NEED to be redone. SO its more 'busy' work used as an excuse for delays and the need for more funding.

The ultimate long con. The best cons do deliver something. This one has most definitely delivered the barest of minimums and for most logical people not enough to continue the con, but for enough (allegedly and apparently) its still enough for them to keep getting 30+ mil a year thrown at them.

When we were all saying the same thing 3 years ago (4 years in) as we are now and there hasnt been THAT much of a progression forward then it is pretty plain to see. And if 3 more years down the road we are still talking about three unreleased 'games' and the perpetual fundraising is still going on the same people will still be saying the same things either pro or con. Because neither side will agree on anything about this until something on the extreme edge of the spectrum takes place, as in they go bankrupt and get exposed or they actually release something as a full blown retail release. And any release like that if it happens will be subjected to some harshness to be sure, and more than likely from ex white knights, because that is generally what happens to niche games like this with a hardcore fanbase.
    BabuinixArglebargle