Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

'Multiple Diablo Projects Are in the Works' According to This Dev Update - Diablo 3 - MMORPG.com

Comments

• Grunt350Grunt350 Member UncommonPosts: 57
    I want a Diablo dating sim.
    JeffSpicoliMrMelGibsonrygard49AllerleirauhinfomatzThupliThahar
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Diablo mmo for next gen consoles.

• bwwianakievbwwianakiev Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Dragnelus said:
    Fuck. Consoles
    blamo2000Soki123[Deleted User]eugheuforce
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    When you guys say "Diablo 2 remastered," what exactly does that entail? I looked up remastered and it means enhancing the audio and visual quality. So no one is expecting a remake? I have a hard time believing Blizzard will put their name on anything that has skill trees after the hard stance they have taken against making their players try and think with modern WoW and Diablo 3, so I find it hard to imagine it will be an actual remaster without a "reimagining" of the rpg systems to something more palatable and understandable to their modern fans.
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Dragnelus said:
    Fuck. Consoles
    Theres nothing wrong with consoles, lol. I have both but the thing I love about cosoles is I don t have to upgrade for any game until the next gen comes out. 
    MrMelGibsoninfomatzShadowStyleB
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Good news.
  • asnowasnow Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Diablo Mobile online coming :D
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    After playing Titans Quest on both my tablet and Switch. I can gladly say I hope we get a D2 remaster that will be available on mobile/Switch and PC. D3 on Switch will be a lot of fun as well.
    [Deleted User]JeroKane
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    After playing Titans Quest on both my tablet and Switch. I can gladly say I hope we get a D2 remaster that will be available on mobile/Switch and PC. D3 on Switch will be a lot of fun as well.
    And they say classic WoW won't have any appeal for folks. ;)

With the remasters and ports to Switch of titles being so popular, it seems the market for throwback versions of games/franchises is healthy enough.  
    MrMelGibson

• ra123ra123 Member UncommonPosts: 33
    diablo mmo will never happens since there a WOW blizz dont wanna shot himself and Diablo 2 HD remake impossible as David Brevid said , my quess probly next class pack like necro pack for 15 dollar/euro or new expension and next project wil be android diablo game
  • syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
    diablo mmo whould be so freaking awesome. but not gonna happen. too dark and they think ppl will /slitwrist after playing for a few hours. everything is so happy happy shiny nowdays. boring.
    looking foreward to druid or something for D3 or a D4 on the horizon if possible.
  • keyboardshinobikeyboardshinobi Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Ne expac for D3 and a Diablo MMO would just make my year!
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    I can see more a Crossplay Pc/Moblie Diablo.
  • Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292
    Come on. You people have no imagination. It is going to be a Diablo Battle Arena. 100 People portal in, and one one can win!

MadFrenchie[Deleted User]Thahar
  • NoradXIIXNoradXIIX Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Why does people asume it Will be a royale/fortnite thing. THE big project about all these new Diablo ones, Will take time to finish, and by that time... Well people will just remember the royale games, probably not be mashing em with this 2017/2018 super hype.. i Think blizzard is planning by real history of gaming evolution...not whats hot today

MMO-Hunter/Spethz
    [email protected]

Come on. You people have no imagination. It is going to be a Diablo Battle Arena. 100 People portal in, and one one can win!

Hey!  That's not fair- I predicted a mash up of pretty much, like, every genre. :D 
    [Deleted User]

• sneakerz007sneakerz007 Member UncommonPosts: 95
    D3 expansion is what i think. as for any other projects not sure.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    edited August 2018
    My money is on a Diablo battle royal game.  That is where the money is.

It would have to be a really good mobile game for Blizzard to waste time on one.  I rather doubt that.
  • Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292
    edited August 2018

Hey!  That's not fair- I predicted a mash up of pretty much, like, every genre. :D 
    Diablo CCGMOBA BR mobile game inc

I still think that this is a bit limited in scope.  Let me give another example:

They are going to build a Diablo MMOFPS, similar to Planetside where the two sides (humans and demons fight over control of the earth).

or how about this:

They are going to make a Diablo RTS, aka Diablocraft.

No? Then what about this:

They are going to make a children's building game similar to Mincraft, but at night, the demons from Diablo (in voxel, non scary, childfriendly forms) come out. We will call THIS one Diablocraft.

Still not good enough? Let try this:

They are making a new Diablo based CryproCurrency (DiabloCoin). They embed a cryptocurrency miner in Diablo III, and to mine coins you need to speed run levels, with the first to complete each level getting the reward.

MadFrenchie[Deleted User]ConstantineMerusmetarealThahar

Diablo CCGMOBA BR mobile game inc

I still think that this is a bit limited in scope.  Let me give another example:

They are going to build a Diablo MMOFPS, similar to Planetside where the two sides (humans and demons fight over control of the earth).

or how about this:

They are going to make a Diablo RTS, aka Diablocraft.

No? Then what about this:

They are going to make a children's building game similar to Mincraft, but at night, the demons from Diablo (in voxel, non scary, childfriendly forms) come out. We will call THIS one Diablocraft.

Still not good enough? Let try this:

They are making a new Diablo based CryproCurrency (DiabloCoin). They embed a cryptocurrency miner in Diablo III, and to mine coins you need to speed run levels, with the first to complete each level getting the reward.

Stop, don't give them any ideas about Cryptocurrency!  I don't want Blizzard to pull a Valve, except with cryptocurrency instead of gaming platform.
    [Deleted User]

• EldrachEldrach Member RarePosts: 416
    Diablo - Hell's kitchen

"Battle against the butcher, create Hell's most exquisite dish"
    immoralthang[Deleted User]MrMelGibsonThahar
  • keyboardshinobikeyboardshinobi Member UncommonPosts: 25

syltmacka said:

diablo mmo whould be so freaking awesome. but not gonna happen. too dark and they think ppl will /slitwrist after playing for a few hours. everything is so happy happy shiny nowdays. boring.

looking foreward to druid or something for D3 or a D4 on the horizon if possible.

Thats odd that you think that given how violent a lot of mmo's are nowadays. ESO, Secret World, Guild wars 2, even aspects of WoW are far more adult than they have ever been.
    SirBalinMrMelGibson
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited August 2018
    Yeah .... in addition to:

Diablo Mobile
    Diablo Mobile Card Game
    Diablo Survival / Survival crafting / Fortnite / Battle Royale - maybe Diablo Overwatch!
    Diablo early reboot - D2 or maybe even D1

Mustn't forget the possibility of:

Diablo Skylanders
    Diablo the Card Game
    Diablo Mobile / PC Card Game
    I feel there should be a Diablo Candy Crush in there as well .... hmm.

A Diablo mmo though a WoW themed expansion might be as close as it gets - and I can't see that at all. Ditto some form of 1st person RPG Dark Souls type adventure game - maybe they will but compared to the other options it sounds like way too much trouble / time / cost.

And as for a D4 ..... yeah.

I wonder though what traction does Diablo have today - or rather today + however long it is before anything sees the light of day. They have left the IP to languish. They can reboot it with marketing - absolutely they can - and I suspect they will have to. It has been a while; quite a while.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    My guess is a D2 remaster and a D4 using a cash shop model ala POE.
  • immoralthangimmoralthang Member RarePosts: 300
    edited August 2018

Eldrach said:

Diablo - Hell's kitchen

"Battle against the butcher, create Hell's most exquisite dish"

I cannot wait to theorycraft a “RAW RAW RAW” build!