Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV - An Eventful Month Ahead - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageFinal Fantasy XIV - An Eventful Month Ahead - MMORPG.com

August is always a busy month for Final Fantasy XIV. True, I’m not sure there’s ever been a major content patch in the dog days of summer, but not only does it mark two seasonal events — the Moonfire Faire and the Rising — but also the anniversary of the game’s rebirth.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SerMedievalSerMedieval Member UncommonPosts: 99
    I started playing this game 40 days ago and I've been absolutely hooked. Kinda bummed I didn't get to finish Stormblood before Rathalos showed up at the doorstep but I've been reading all the dialogue/soaking up the story. Game has a ton of detail in pretty much every aspect.
    NotEvadingTaxFraudYaevindusk
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    "Since then, it’s become part of my life"

That's what MMORPG's are supposed to do, in todays world of butterfly players and throw away F2P MMOs we tend to forget that.
  • RasiemRasiem Member UncommonPosts: 318
    This game is great and anyone who hasn't tried it really needs to hop in a give it a chance you truly missing out on a gem. Theres just so much fun content and a beautiful philosophy on Horizontal development instead of the vertical methods you see in other mmos.
    NotEvadingTaxFraud
  • DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432
    1.0 server when?

If anything was a gem, it was that. Not the FF themed WoW-clone that the current game is (with half speed combat too).

Man, I shouldn't have watched 1.0 footage on Youtube after all these years; just reminds me how much better designed the original game was, despite its major flaws.

Anyway, not a fan of re-subbing just for a new trial.. but I'll miss the summer event too if I wait for 4.4. Ugh, decisions.
    Viper482[Deleted User]Kajidourden
  • kinkanatkinkanat Member UncommonPosts: 33
    It's true, FFXIV 1.23 was already a really great MMORPG, infinitely better than the WoW clone we have now.

In addition, its more strategic combat system gave much more than the current spam lights.

That's a real shame.
    [Deleted User]
  • DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    Just resubbed and forgot why I unsubbed Realized that I still have to do the "Running of the Bull Quest" (or whatever it's called - woman who spawns orbs you have to click to delete) and unsubbed immediately. Wasted $12.99. I hate the story-blocked questing in this game, and the way they make you do group quests with NPCs that have some of the worst AI I've ever seen in a game. They basically kill you over and over, until you literally *memorize the entire encounter script* and know where to go. It's extremely unfun.

That's basically the crux of this game. A memory test. It's more work than game.

It's also unfortunate that the people running the game are less inclined to fix problems, and more inclined to tell you to "go play something else if you don't like it;" which has created a very toxic atmosphere in the community as a whole. People feel empowered to throw this out to anyone who points out any pain points in the gameplay or story line "Well, then go play WoW if you don't like it. Nothing wrong with taking a break. Yoshi P. said so!" I can no longer deal with these people.

It feels like Dragon Age: Inquisition trying to get through the story in this game.

Guess I'll be late getting started in BfA, but at least the BGs are fun, even if I don't want to raid. This game has little to offer unless you're into housing, crafting, etc... And I really have better things to waste my time on than sitting around fishing or whatever. Like I said... more work than game.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Rasiem said:
    This game is great and anyone who hasn't tried it really needs to hop in a give it a chance you truly missing out on a gem. Theres just so much fun content and a beautiful philosophy on Horizontal development instead of the vertical methods you see in other mmos.
    >Horizontal
    >FFXIV

Hahahahahahaha
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    DAOWAce said:
    1.0 server when?

If anything was a gem, it was that. Not the FF themed WoW-clone that the current game is (with half speed combat too).

Man, I shouldn't have watched 1.0 footage on Youtube after all these years; just reminds me how much better designed the original game was, despite its major flaws.

Anyway, not a fan of re-subbing just for a new trial.. but I'll miss the summer event too if I wait for 4.4. Ugh, decisions.

I totally agree.  Seriously bad technical flaws, bad zone design and crappy trading system (although the core of that remains for some reason); but I would take it over ARR any day.