Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crowfall may dissapoint point?

badermalbadermal Member UncommonPosts: 250
there is  no persistent world  
there is  no character customation (every character looks same in race )
game world looks like it made of plastic 
characters are looks like they are from cartoon 
combat system looks like a mess  really lack of melee and we seeing so many particles effect from magic
seems like a cartoon heroes fighting  instead of medieval war game
how can anyone take the game serious ? maybe it can be played for fun but not for  medieval war
i mean they can have lowest graphics as possible it not a problem but it dont need to cartoonish  as there is difference between cartoon and low graphics (like mortal darkfall wurm graphics)  and how can this be shadowbane like game?

i dont know if you guys can understand but how funny it would be if we having a siege with many catapult treb and just seeing a cartoon character fighting 

Comments

• JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    Crowfall is persistent world - or if you want persistent universe made of many worlds/servers, some of which will last for months, while some will be permanent; All these will be connected in complicated ways when it comes to economy, travelling, possession i.e. control/permissions, trade i.e. export/import etc.

Character customization is already, this early, much deeper than in many other MMOs and it just keeps getting more meat. Anyway, you likely have only visual customization in mind (they always do...), which so far has basic choices and will be on the WoW level when it comes to character looks - including dyeing all items, putting guild marks on cloaks/shields etc.

I don't know where did you get the "lack of melee"? Currently there seems to be too much of it, sometimes the meta/FotM shifts to range (or to some specific races), it changes rather quickly as lots of stuff is being added to tests constantly, not even all classes are in. 

The rest of your post is, basically, repeating that you don't like their visuals and art style - you are not alone there, I also don't agree with some choices but it won't stop me from playing if the game is good and fun.
    MikehaKyleranKajidourdenblamo2000ZoeMcCloskey
     W...aaagh?
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited August 2018
    It's not SB2, even though developed by former SB Devs. That is the OP's real disappointment.

;)
    JamesGoblin

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381
    The podcasts and interviews are concerning. Some of the people Crowfall has chosen to allow to speak to the public, should have that privilege revoked. 

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

• badermalbadermal Member UncommonPosts: 250
    but you never feel bad the graphics?  and even in combat when you hit someone you dont bleed but rather have points of numbers  which display but you all ok with this?
    also it lacks the medieval which is bit dissapointment  and as medieval setting will be awesome 
    badermal said:
    but you never feel bad the graphics?  and even in combat when you hit someone you dont bleed but rather have points of numbers  which display but you all ok with this?
    Some attacks actually do trigger blood/bleeding visuals, but I agree it's quite rough and "light" overall. What you see are alpha-test basics; they only recently started polishing animations in order to add more weight and impact, some of that should already be on the TEST server (not on LIVE as far as I know).

If I remember correctly it was about adding more sounds, synchronizing sub-animations and slowing down a bit or putting a brief "pause" the moment your sword makes the contact with target. Anyway it sounds like lots of work, nothing that will just be added tomorrow.
     W...aaagh?
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    @OP Are you’re trying to say that a crowdfunded MMORPG could fail to match the hype?

No way!!!

JamesGoblinKyleranXarkoanemoQuizzical

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Crowfall is persistent world - or if you want persistent universe made of many worlds/servers, some of which will last for months, while some will be permanent; All these will be connected in complicated ways when it comes to economy, travelling, possession i.e. control/permissions, trade i.e. export/import etc.

Character customization is already, this early, much deeper than in many other MMOs and it just keeps getting more meat. Anyway, you likely have only visual customization in mind (they always do...), which so far has basic choices and will be on the WoW level when it comes to character looks - including dyeing all items, putting guild marks on cloaks/shields etc.

I don't know where did you get the "lack of melee"? Currently there seems to be too much of it, sometimes the meta/FotM shifts to range (or to some specific races), it changes rather quickly as lots of stuff is being added to tests constantly, not even all classes are in. 

The rest of your post is, basically, repeating that you don't like their visuals and art style - you are not alone there, I also don't agree with some choices but it won't stop me from playing if the game is good and fun.
    Thanks for explaining @Jamesgoblin, not in teacher mode today, especially when lots of the complaints are just plain wrong.

I also don't get the idea that when a game doesn't match your taste in any way that is somehow the games' fault.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    JamesGoblin
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    Crowfall worlds are not exactly persistent, they will persist until it's over, it's like this match-based PvP where the match lasts for weeks and months, that game-mode is not a strong persistence as is its own type of game.

They seem to try to make up with this with those large-scale eternal kingdoms that is some of self-owned PvE "housing"?
  • nodvianodvia Member UncommonPosts: 25
    edited August 2018
    I like the graphics personally. The environments look nice, and the character models will age much better than something like ESO. Crowfall was never billed as a Medieval game, don't know where you got that impression from.

If graphics is all you care about I'd suggest you don't look at inde MMOs.
    @iahnmir ; so you trying to say it is peristent game with realistic graphics? if you saying complains are wrong and what do you mean by its not game fault? most of the people dont want to play on cartoonish graphics this is 2018 
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    MaxBacon said:
    Crowfall worlds are not exactly persistent, they will persist until it's over, it's like this match-based PvP where the match lasts for weeks and months, that game-mode is not a strong persistence as is its own type of game.

They seem to try to make up with this with those large-scale eternal kingdoms that is some of self-owned PvE "housing"?
    Persistent does not mean permanent. If something persist for long enough time, then it's persistent, even if it will eventually have an endpoint.

I think if Crowfall manages to have their campaigns last a month or more then it's persistent.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    edited August 2018
    badermal said:
    @iahnmir ; so you trying to say it is peristent game with realistic graphics? if you saying complains are wrong and what do you mean by its not game fault? most of the people dont want to play on cartoonish graphics this is 2018 
    I don't think that part about most is true. Games like Fortnite and Overwatch are super popular despite having cartoonish graphics. I'd say that most people don't really care that much and can be happy with any graphic style as long as it's well done.
    JamesGoblin

edited August 2018
    Vrika said:
    Persistent does not mean permanent. If something persist for long enough time, then it's persistent, even if it will eventually have an endpoint.

I think if Crowfall manages to have their campaigns last a month or more then it's persistent.
    I've never seen that term implied with if lasts X time then it's persistent, from what I see it's seen as a game world that is permanent, that continues to exist, if you look it up you see the defenition around that's what is generally implied.
    badermal said:
    Graphics are preference, nothing more. You not liking it makes it opinion, not fact. Nothing wrong with opinions, its not the games' fault you have a different one though. And the EK in game are persistent most definitely, as are guild rankings, spoils, skill points etc. So, basically everything except the "matches." 

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    JamesGoblin

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    games been on my radar because the artstyle looks great.. however i've not looked into it too much since i've been playing other stuff and it still seems to have quite some time to go before it's release.  

so this may be a good place to ask. how is the customization? mainly looks and stuff like that.
    the goblin above compared it to WoW.. i guess i can live with that but what about armor pieces and stuff like that? i do enjoy playing dress up in my games :D 

and also are you tied to one weapon type or do they have something like weapon swaps between ranged and melee? i've quite enjoyed that in newer games.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited August 2018
    I disagree, from what I've seen Crowfall (if it actually releases) may surprise prise.
    ConstantineMerusJamesGoblinDiabhual
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    I think the artstyle is great and I have no issues with it.

The OP seems to have issues with the game and perhaps the game is not for him.
    JamesGoblin
    Chamber of Chains
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Vrika said:
    MaxBacon said:

LOL, awesome job sir. In a forum where agreement on the meanings of words (massively), phrases (sandbox style game) and acronyms (MMO) is rarely possible, you have gone above and beyond to obfuscate the meaning of the term "persistent virtual world."

I'll start now, no, one month does not make a world persistent.

cheyaneJamesGoblin

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Vrika said:
    MaxBacon said:

LOL, awesome job sir. In a forum where agreement on the meanings of words (massively), phrases (sandbox style game) and acronyms (MMO) is rarely possible, you have gone above and beyond to obfuscate the meaning of the term "persistent virtual world."

But does two months? Where do you draw the line? I am so confused right now...

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    KyleranJamesGoblin

edited August 2018
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    I don't think the time is relevant to the defenition, it has to be permanent.

"A persistent world or persistent state world (PSW) is a virtual world which, by the definition by Richard Bartle, "continues to exist and develop internally even when there are no people interacting with it"."

"A persistent world is a game environment that is permanent and dynamic. This is seen in many MMO's."

So when pitching a Persistent World MMO, we would not be expecting the actual core of the game being played on matches where the game world ceases to exist when the match ends, so better not dilute yet another defenition.
    Kyleran
    Kyleran said:
    Vrika said:
    MaxBacon said:

Also @MaxBacon - Campaigns are planned to last "for 1-3 months", or "up to a year" (all dev quotes) or some maybe 2-3 weeks or...nobody really knows before beta and real massive test of their engine. I also expect this to vary greatly from one Campaign to another.

Anyway, these are only part of the universe - as I tried to explain above. Massive, crucial, continent sized part with "1-2000 concurrent players" planned, your typical MMO server but limited in time. I agree that neither their size nor population makes them persistent, but only their mutual connections such as export/import, EK buffs, travelling between Campaigns and from these to Eternal Kingdoms etc. 

There is another way of seeing it: If you, for comparison, check how the gameplay actually looks like in so called "persistent" "MMOs" - these are basically single player games 90% of the time, with occassional smal scale instanced co-ops i.e. BGs, dungeons etc. From that point of view, even a single Crowfall Campaign is hundred times more persistent and more of an MMO than any of these, yet formally it is not.
     W...aaagh?
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    I see this a lot with forum-ers that look for PvP games all the time.   Even when a new PvP game comes out, they'll spend more time looking for reasons to disqualify the game, then they spend considering to stick with it (since they aren't playing anything else anyways).  

JamesGoblin

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• nodvianodvia Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Crowfall has persistence in the guild system, EK, and player relationships. Campaigns are essentially battles in a never ending war. 
    JamesGoblin
    MaxBacon said:
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    I don't think the time is relevant to the defenition, it has to be permanent.

"A persistent world or persistent state world (PSW) is a virtual world which, by the definition by Richard Bartle, "continues to exist and develop internally even when there are no people interacting with it"."

"A persistent world is a game environment that is permanent and dynamic. This is seen in many MMO's."

So when pitching a Persistent World MMO, we would not be expecting the actual core of the game being played on matches where the game world ceases to exist when the match ends, so better not dilute yet another defenition.
    Going by Bartle's quote it is most definitely a persistent world then. Great, I am not confused anymore.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Kyleran