Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RPG Fans - Dragon Quest XI - Meet the Cast of Characters Trailer - General Game Trailer

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageRPG Fans - Dragon Quest XI - Meet the Cast of Characters Trailer - General Game Trailer

Square Enix has released a brand new trailer for Dragon Quest XI that provides viewers with a more detailed look at

Read the full story here

Comments

• DiscipledOneDiscipledOne Member UncommonPosts: 103
    I am so excited for this!!!! Looks beautiful (at least to me).
    SBFordTaishiFoxPanther2103rojoArcueid
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Oh I thought this was the MMORPG. This looks really good, haven't played a Dragon Quest game since 8 on the PS2. Probably will pick up on my Switch.
  • geremadygeremady Member UncommonPosts: 73
    AFAIK releasedate is sept 4
    DiscipledOne
  • achmedeachmede Member UncommonPosts: 215
    edited August 2018
    Nice, getting Zelda vibes.
  • Canyen109Canyen109 Member UncommonPosts: 5
    I wish it was releasing on switch and 3ds sept. 4th.
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503

Canyen109 said:

Little confused by your post because it is being released on both those platforms on the 4th. Dragon Quest XI will be released on Windows 10, Switch, PS4, and Nintendo 3DS on September 4th.
    DiscipledOne
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    It is the 4th of September for 3DS, PS4 and PC/Steam. It's in the upper left corner of the official site. Switch date hasn't been announced yet.
    [Deleted User]DiscipledOne

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    edited August 2018
    I hope SE doesn't censor this game here in the west. I want to see Jade in her fully glory !!!

He...He...

Ohh and you can't forget about Puff...Puff.....
    rojoArcueid
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited August 2018
    Well since this site never seems to do very good reviews i had to watch one that i feel is very trustworthy.

What i got from the review was that it was done by a player of the JPN version and a Westerner and that i feel the game looks pretty good,i mean well done.

The biggest drawback i get is that the game is very linear instead of open ended,obviously easier to design games that way...sigh.
    Combat and itemization seems to be done the way i like it,just too bad all the voice acting wil sound like British gaming gone mad instead of varied languages/cultures.
    I have a hunch i will actually like the game even though very linear.

So my timeline looks like this game in waiting for the mobile version of FFXI.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    I wrote about this in a thread that went largely ignored  Image result for cry emoji

Attaching my post here 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/742120/DRAGON_QUEST_XI_Echoes_of_an_Elusive_Age__Digital_Edition_of_Light/

I cannot understand why Dragon Quest has never really gotten the fan base Final Fantasy has in the West although I love Final Fantasy too but Dragon Quest series has always occupied a special place in my heart and I especially love the turn based ones versus the action orientated in my personal opinion and bias.

Dragon Quest is usually heavily story driven and something I am especially drawn too because I love Japanese RPG and they are one of the best at this genre. The sheer imagination in the various monsters one meets like Final Fantasy sometimes makes you stop and wonder how in the world did anyone come up with that design.

The beauty of the world is in talking to the NPCs and discovering what they are doing and how they relate to this magnificent world. I am so happy that it is turn based because I worry that games are turning away from turn based in favour of action based games and whenever a good turn based game comes out I literally jump with joy .

I hope people check this game out and fall in love with Dragon Quest and will go on to discover the other games in this great franchise.

DiscipledOnewingood

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    I got part 8 of this as a birthday gift like a decade ago and played it a bit but my ps2 broke and I couldn't finish it, but I liked what I played. I've been wanting to play some more JRPGs so I'll keep an eye on the reviews.
    DiscipledOne
  • acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878
    edited August 2018

kitarad said:

I wrote about this in a thread that went largely ignored  Image result for cry emoji

Attaching my post here 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/742120/DRAGON_QUEST_XI_Echoes_of_an_Elusive_Age__Digital_Edition_of_Light/

I cannot understand why Dragon Quest has never really gotten the fan base Final Fantasy has in the West although I love Final Fantasy too but Dragon Quest series has always occupied a special place in my heart and I especially love the turn based ones versus the action orientated in my personal opinion and bias.

Dragon Quest is usually heavily story driven and something I am especially drawn too because I love Japanese RPG and they are one of the best at this genre. The sheer imagination in the various monsters one meets like Final Fantasy sometimes makes you stop and wonder how in the world did anyone come up with that design.

The beauty of the world is in talking to the NPCs and discovering what they are doing and how they relate to this magnificent world. I am so happy that it is turn based because I worry that games are turning away from turn based in favour of action based games and whenever a good turn based game comes out I literally jump with joy .

I hope people check this game out and fall in love with Dragon Quest and will go on to discover the other games in this great franchise.

Despite hearing good things I've never really been drawn to the Dragon Quest series, at least not in the same way as (most of) the Final Fantasy games... maybe it's the art style, maybe it's just that Moogles seem more interesting than Slimes (what IS with the Slimes?) ... and for some reason I've gotten the impression the DQ games are rather slow paced??...

Either way I'll be picking up DQ XI (and will hopefully enjoy it; it looks awesome) as I've been looking for a great epic single player fantasy JRPG ever since FF went full boy-band.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited August 2018

Kumapon said:

I hope SE doesn't censor this game here in the west. I want to see Jade in her fully glory !!!

He...He...

Ohh and you can't forget about Puff...Puff.....

If they censor the western version i'll just import the Japanese PS4 version. I'll happily learn a new language before i support censorship. I import every time they (the west) censor a Japanese game.

• Canyen109Canyen109 Member UncommonPosts: 5

k61977 said:

Canyen109 said:

Little confused by your post because it is being released on both those platforms on the 4th. Dragon Quest XI will be released on Windows 10, Switch, PS4, and Nintendo 3DS on September 4th.

Sorry I didn't make my post more clear. There's no Western release of DQ11 for the 3DS, and the switch version is coming whenever it's done.
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    this looks great!

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.