Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pre-Alpha 3 Dire Lord Gameplay with CohhCarnage - Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2018 in Videos Discussion

imagePre-Alpha 3 Dire Lord Gameplay with CohhCarnage - Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Videos - MMORPG.com

The Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen team took part in a special live stream event over the weekend along with CohhCarnage. The replay of the event was posted late yesterday and features the Dire Lord, one of the game's tank classes.

Read the full story here

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Shroud Of The Avatar 2.0
    JamesGoblinThunder073marcjt20RadooKumaponjimmywolfSiug
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Walter White cos play?
    MrMelGibson[Deleted User]
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Party like it's 1999? No thanks.
    MikehaJamesGoblinThunder073sakinolRinswind89jimmywolfSiug

Joined - July 2004

• GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 446
    This game is looking great. Still in pre-alpha but with the way it's looking I can't imagine it taking too much longer to move into BETA.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    awww man I'm totally in! Finish the game/make it happen!
    [Deleted User]itchmonThunder073[Deleted User]RadooKumaponXophSiug
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992
    Graphics look decent enough, does not have to be the new BDO; as usual still way, way to early to comment on what it will be like at launch.
    JamesGoblin[Deleted User]Thunder073Kumapon
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

Mikeha said:

Shroud Of The Avatar 2.0

I think it looks more like Vanguard 2.0 or EQ2 2.0

Honestly it looks pretty good to me, but I can see why people may not be interested.
    SovrathitchmonThunder073KumaponMrMelGibsonMadFrenchieDrDream
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    I'm glad they aren't interested.  There are plenty of console wannabe games out there, with their gimmicky red splash on the ground warnings and their focus on action rather than roleplay.  Just the fact that this game is designed around a subscription instead of the "in your face" kill the immersion free to play design that has infected my beloved MMORPG genre, warms my heart. Thank the powers that be, there are still some developers interested in catering to us slow pokes and nerdy roleplayers.
    [Deleted User]jimmywolfLackingMMOSiugkjempffDrDream

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    This is really looking good. I can't wait to play it.
    dragonlee66SovrathDrDream

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• druezdruez Member UncommonPosts: 120
    Game looks like it could be good. They do need to step up the graphics though.
  • BrizlynBrizlyn Member UncommonPosts: 81
    Graphics are a work in progress, understandable. Not expecting it to be the best graphics mmo on the market - but am expecting deep class interdependence, solid lore, and real challenge/reward. Looking good so far.
  • RadooRadoo Member UncommonPosts: 298
    My only concern with Pantheon is floaty combat and the lack of actual impact while in combat. I've been following this title for a while now- I may have seen all the streams and while I do understand the work in progress label, I'm afraid it will go the Funcom route which is a no-no for me.
    If combat does not feel impactful; without delay or desync nonsense, or sound and visual effects to accompany whatever you do on screen then I'M NOT BUYING.

Will keep an eye on it and hopefully look forward to more evolution info.
    jpedrote52
  • KnaveSkyeKnaveSkye Member UncommonPosts: 137
    "The replay of the event was posted last yesterday"
    As opposed to this yesterday or next yesterday?
    Geeky
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710

Mikeha said:

Shroud Of The Avatar 2.0

Lol you couldn't be more wrong
    GeekyKumapon
  • DelekhanDelekhan Member UncommonPosts: 7
    edited August 2018

Radoo said:

My only concern with Pantheon is floaty combat and the lack of actual impact while in combat. I've been following this title for a while now- I may have seen all the streams and while I do understand the work in progress label, I'm afraid it will go the Funcom route which is a no-no for me.

If combat does not feel impactful; without delay or desync nonsense, or sound and visual effects to accompany whatever you do on screen then I'M NOT BUYING.

this game pantheon looks like a crap ass game made for Atari Console who was made by 10 year old kids, Its pre-alpha and looks shit compare to other games, take Ashes of Creation this is pre-alpha aswell and looks like 2018 game.

This game is going to be a major failure quick, if they really dont fix 2 pixel combat and 1 pixel impact in combat.

I will support them once to buy physical box that i can use to take a shit in and put in trash can. This is 2018 for gods sake.
    MikehaGeekyjimmywolfXophcheyane

Played: UO,DAOC,EQ,AC,AC2,Lineage 2, FFXI,AOC,WoW.

Playing: Age of Conan.

• KnaveSkyeKnaveSkye Member UncommonPosts: 137

Delekhan said:

Radoo said:

this game pantheon looks like a crap ass game made for Atari Console who was made by 10 year old kids, Its pre-alpha and looks shit compare to other games, take Ashes of Creation this is pre-alpha aswell and looks like 2018 game.

This game is going to be a major failure quick, if they really dont fix 2 pixel combat and 1 pixel impact in combat.

I will support them once to buy physical box that i can use to take a shit in and put in trash can. This is 2018 for gods sake.

Mackaveli44jpedrote52GeekySovrath[Deleted User]bcbullybgzgamerThunder073ScotTacticalZombehand 1 other.
    @Knave, that video is spot on and took the words out of my mouth hahaha
    TacticalZombeh
  • GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644

Game looks great ….im just Upset I cannot play a Gnome Warrior  =(

RIP little gnome's Wearing full plate armours  ~cry~

Geeky
  • SylvinstarSylvinstar Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Loved the stream. Looking forward to tonights stream as well. Probably watch it 6 times - once for each point of view - on the big screen tv =)
    Sovrath
  • SylvinstarSylvinstar Member UncommonPosts: 158

Delekhan said:

Radoo said:

If you don't eat too much corn, I wouldn't mind if you mailed me that copy.
    edited August 2018

Mikeha said:

Shroud Of The Avatar 2.0

Having played Shroud of the Avatar and seeing the progress on Pantheon, Shroud of the Avatar is dog shit in comparison to this and Shroud is actually released to the public. Pantheon is still in early ALPHA and is already looking better than Shroud...Shrouds combat is fuckin pathetic, the animations are dog shit, the spell graphics are dog shit, the world and the way its constructed is dog shit. There is a reason why no one is playing Shroud...

All in all, Pantheon even in Alpha looks leaps an bounds ahead of Shroud and Shrouds already released. Granted, Pantheon still has a looonnnnnnng way to go but you can't compare apples to oranges my friend. As for the video, you can see that animations are being worked on because there's quite a few bugged out animations and character stances going on during combat... something that didn't take place in the previous videos. That's good to see. The animations definitely need some work.
  • XophXoph Member UncommonPosts: 176
    edited August 2018
    Excellent, it's looking good... Can't wait to play it. A lot of you people who have made comments are really childish and immature. Why even bother commenting if it's something that doesn't interest you? The world doesn't revolve around you...
  • borghive49borghive49 Member RarePosts: 493
    The game looks great so far. Can't to see more complete versions. 
  • TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    edited August 2018
    What I WOULD like to see, though, are general martial abilities that don't necessarily have to be locked into classes. Perhaps those abilities that are learned in the game world, but allow THOSE abilities to be all of your situational and/or reactive abilities which can enhance your performance in combat compared to a player who has not learned how to counter attack upon parry or dodge, or follow up with a lower-damage attack after a crit. It's not quite twitch-based, but it adds another active layer to what one would consider a normal rotation. It mixes combat up a bit more. I feel that is the magnitude of reward some players need to be encouraged to go out and explore off the beaten path - Something palpable, something meaningful, something complementing.
    Isaiah 41:10
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003

Mikeha said:

Shroud Of The Avatar 2.0

Not really. There's no shop with $10K vats of developer blood.