Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Traders Frontiers ............. Brilliant game

2»

Comments

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    I broke down and bought this.  Really intriguing game.  A lot of Traveler rules (especially ships and interstellar trading), a splash of many JPEGs' combat systems for ships, a dose of Darkest Dungeon's party combat mechanics, and a cracking good story.  I've started a few captains already and have tried taking a different approach to the story.  I haven't addressed factions yet, which may change the story completely.

I haven't run across anything that is above a minor quibble, so far.  Dialogs are a bit too long, low level crew combat doesn't have enough options until characters get much higher, I haven't found a good way to deal with the micromanagement of assigning crew skills, and health, morale and damage have too few options for restoring.  The Spy, Patrol, Blockade and Explore card games could be a lot more fleshed out -- I think these could make the whole thing more MMORPG-like.  There's a bit too much ship-to-ship combat for my tastes, not enough ways to avoid conflict.  I haven't yet figured out how to Smuggle illegal goods.  I know I've still got a lot to learn with this game.

JeffSpicoli

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    Scorchien said:
       Yes , title , been playing this one for about 8 weeks now , one of the most fleshed out well done Space Trader Sims i have seen , Devs are relentless in updates and fixes ..

Incredible immersion and depth , really intriguing storylines .. (but you go at your pace ..Open world )

In depth crew builds ..that matter

Combat for ground similar to Darkest Dungeon ( needs a bit more work but still good)

Space combat is turn based and well done with plenty of tactics and strategy

Trading is well done and worthwhile ...as well as salvaging....

Factions are very well represented and meaningful..

Exploration is fun ...

There is a fair learning curve to this one , but the  tutorial is a fair guide to get you started ....
       Well worth the entry fee and an incredible game in the making ............

http://store.steampowered.com/app/335620/Star_Traders_Frontiers/

It's on sale now. Still a good game worth picking up?
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Tiller said:
    Scorchien said:
       Yes , title , been playing this one for about 8 weeks now , one of the most fleshed out well done Space Trader Sims i have seen , Devs are relentless in updates and fixes ..

Incredible immersion and depth , really intriguing storylines .. (but you go at your pace ..Open world )

In depth crew builds ..that matter

Combat for ground similar to Darkest Dungeon ( needs a bit more work but still good)

Space combat is turn based and well done with plenty of tactics and strategy

Trading is well done and worthwhile ...as well as salvaging....

Factions are very well represented and meaningful..

Exploration is fun ...

There is a fair learning curve to this one , but the  tutorial is a fair guide to get you started ....
       Well worth the entry fee and an incredible game in the making ............

http://store.steampowered.com/app/335620/Star_Traders_Frontiers/

It's on sale now. Still a good game worth picking up?
    Yes .. Indie of the Year IMO