Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

That whole Dragonfly landing appears to be fake

12346»

Comments

• OriphusOriphus Member UncommonPosts: 467
    Suddenly starting to get a sense of Deja Vu -

:)
    "Trump is a blunt force, all-American, laser-guided middle finger to everything and everyone in Washington, D.C." - Wayne Allyn Root 
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    edited August 2016
    MaxBacon said:
    Oriphus said:
    Not odd at all when you read my explanation. Feel free to load up SC and see what it is actually like to view small objects in space, now try to view them on a poor quality image that has shrunk in size to 1/6th of your monitor.
    That's true, sometimes things pop up on your face because you don't notice them approaching. It's odd. Makes playing with friend an adventure to find where they are.
    Considering how things are spawned by the server and the lag it cause, that could just be desync at work.

Unless you are talking about dark colored ships, then that is totally normal. The only parts you see of 325a unless it is under a light source is the red paint. Lets not talk about the hornet ghost, I expect many of them to get rammed without the other pilot knowing what he/she just hits. I'm starting to think that all our real world space faring modules being white has something to do with it too.

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Minsc said:

Uh, one is in front of a light background and the other is in front of a black background. I still saw the dragonfly when it shifted to the left on screen. The movement of the player in the cargo of the freelancer at 1:27 was him doing a wave emote, the exact same emote currently on the public server. Oriphus already explained the space looking different thing.

To put it plainly, you're imagining things that aren't there because you don't want them to be true but the fact is that players have already accomplished exactly what happened in this video many times over on the current servers, including having the disappearing ship bug.

It makes absolutely no sense for them to fake something that is already possible in the game currently.
    Nope Dragonfly is in front of the 'lighted' area of the ship behind it. So that isnt valid either. You cant see the thing at all. The only thing people are saying they saw is that one point where 'something' goes across a portion of the screen and they just assumes its the dragonfly. I pointed that out as well. When that motion occurs its long after any movement you see the dragonfly make on the other screen.

Again you guys talk about lag and desync. Nearly impossible on the system they were playing on.

If its already available why are they showing it here? That doesnt make sense either.

But it isnt. I have never seen anyone space walk out of one ship, onto another ship, get on another ship within that ship, fly that ship to the original ship and land that ship on the original ship. That is what they were trying to show here.

It also doesnt explain why there is no gravity on the starfarer portion other than the dragonfly being 'rooted' in place. But there is plenty of gravity at the lancer. Since the guy is clearly standing there in both segments. And the 'excuse' for the motion on the right screen was he suddenly went weightless. The obvious question is why isnt he weightless already? And when he turned to open the doors (for some unknown reason) he is walking on the ship with the door open. He is also opening what one would assume are 'sealed' doors from a depressurized hanger and exposing the whole ship to depressurization. But I skipped that whole thing because the other stuff was so screwed up it seemed pointless.

But its good you guys see it and can explain it. Just like you all I am sure tried to explain the NYX landing to yourselves.

They have 4 months, and I would bet anything anywhere that this 2 minute and 20 seconds or so will not be possible to replicate in one seamless fluid motion like it is portrayed here.

But as for why they fake things? Look at their 'live' presentation last year. The actual live portions crashed at least 3 times and Roberts had to sit on stage and pace back and forth trying to appear calm and understanding. Or just rewatch some of the live streams and count the crashes they had during those. Theyre trying to misrepresent what they can do and misrepresent the stability of their 'product' the fact that they 'played' nearly a solid hour without a single crash basically proves this was prerecorded all on its own. Because I doubt a solid 60 minutes of actual gameplay exists for this project without a crash at all.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited August 2016
    rodarin said:
     Look at their 'live' presentation last year. The actual live portions crashed at least 3 times and Roberts had to sit on stage and pace back and forth trying to appear calm and understanding.
    Nice story. Nice propaganda.

Just not true.

Here is the live recording from last year. Demo is timestamp 2:30

Nice try. No cigar.

Have fun

PS:
    Buzz Aldrin said he WAS on the moon in 1969. (personal communication)
    I believe him more than you. ;-)

PPS:
    They did the demo TWICE in the same livestream (look around timestamp 3:00). But NOT because the game crashed. The ambushers were too successful and damaged the engines and drives of the bomber to an extend that they could not show the planned later parts of the demo run because the Retaliator could not move as planned. Thats why they repeated it and demoed the rest.

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    edited August 2016
    This thread is a great example of confirmation bias for me to use. Thanks, OP!

Steam: Neph

• OriphusOriphus Member UncommonPosts: 467
    rodarin said:
    Nope Dragonfly is in front of the 'lighted' area of the ship behind it. So that isnt valid either. 
    Go to 1:18:26 and pause that image

Now take that image and remove the black back ground and have a similar light background

Now realise that this is the 3rd person PoV camera from the DF, it is right in front of you

So now imagine zooming away from this image

Now make the image 1/6th the size it used to be

Now turn up the brightness and the gamma

I bet you won't see shit, yet the image will STILL be better than the over the shoulder image.

Just saying something isn't valid honestly doesn't make it so, no matter how hard you wish it. No one is having trouble with this, it is just you. saying 'something moved but we can't really see what it was' is the whole damn point, it is really hard to see in that crappy camera in that quality, however if you keep your eyes on the location it originally moves from and go back and watch it again it is unmistakable, it is the dragonfly's movements matching perfectly with the other camera, it also has the same characteristics of what the Dragonfly SHOULD look like at that distance at that quality in that location.

This whole OP has been torn to shreds, the fact that you carry on pretending that it hasn't is delusional all though not unexpected given the nature of the thread and other comments you have made here. It is a little sad and I really do feel for you. 

I can only implore you to drop this nonsense. The more you carry on the more foolish you look.

:)
    "Trump is a blunt force, all-American, laser-guided middle finger to everything and everyone in Washington, D.C." - Wayne Allyn Root 
  • Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    So if it's not faked then we can expect this quality of gameplay in the actual playable version very soon ... woohoo!!!11

... Oh and if it was faked someone should necro this thread in a year or so :)

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

Oriphus said:

Just saying something isn't valid honestly doesn't make it so, no matter how hard you wish it. No one is having trouble with this, it is just you. saying 'something moved but we can't really see what it was' is the whole damn point, it is really hard to see in that crappy camera in that quality, however if you keep your eyes on the location it originally moves from and go back and watch it again it is unmistakable, it is the dragonfly's movements matching perfectly with the other camera, it also has the same characteristics of what the Dragonfly SHOULD look like at that distance at that quality in that location.

This whole OP has been torn to shreds, the fact that you carry on pretending that it hasn't is delusional all though not unexpected given the nature of the thread and other comments you have made here. It is a little sad and I really do feel for you. 

I can only implore you to drop this nonsense. The more you carry on the more foolish you look.

So at 1:19:29 when the dragonfly is ~50 meters away and COMPLETELY unrecognizable AT ALL> And I dont care how big the screen is. And then 2 seconds later TWO, when its at ~45 meters (also confirmed by the UI distance tracker on that cut shot between these two views) it is not only visible but in near super HD. Not only that but the Starfarer is also now in completely perfect HD and appears to be right outside the hanger door. Now you can claim the guy moving inside further (which actually makes him even further away from BOTH ships) now has less 'space' to render, and thus makes EVERYTHING clearer and closer looking. Thats the explanation?

If that were really the case then when the guy went back and closed the door and looked out and had to render all that 'space' again the quality of the Starfarer would deteriorate or at least make it much less defined. But it wasnt it looked exactly the same.

You all want to use motions thta lineup perfectly in time sync but then want to use 'lag' as a reason why something happened on ne screen but not the other.

This is lcearly a bunch of spliced pre recorded videos put together. The fact you guys still try and explain it away shows how deluded and blind you are to all this.

I said the exact same thing last year about the NYX landing. Same results. The same people came out saying it was crazy and whatever. Guess what. Who was right then?

Its actually pretty sad that you guys are so invested in this mess that you will see anything you want to see as long as it justifies whatever you have tied up in it.

But seriously anyone with eyes that work can see the obvious difference not only in definition and quality of objects in each different segment, but the overall "look" of the environments involved. The landing sequence is clearly two and maybe three separate 'instances' and not one large seamless one.

Like I said last year ad it holds true this year they pick and choose camera angles and first person and third person views that help mask changes in the scene. Why not just have it all third person and show everything from start to finish with none of the camera gyrations and cuts that happen in first person? It would also look a lot better and not cause motion sickness in the people watching it.

But they have to do that because it helps hide the edits they make and lets people try and explain it away like people here are trying to do.

But if anyone here is willing to bet a perma ban on whether that stuff is in the PTU before 2017 I am game. If it is I will take the perma ban if it isnt you all have to.
  • StaalBurgherStaalBurgher Member UncommonPosts: 265
    The OP is ridiculous.
    Babuinix
  • feroshusferoshus Member UncommonPosts: 164
    Nothing fake about it, looked legit to me. There were some bugs and glitches for sure, but overall nothing to see here. It's sad to me when someone just can't let something go. OP you need to give up whatever this is and move on...
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Erillion said:
    Marelius said:
    ....yet  can't see anything we put on moon is clearly understandable. 
    https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/multimedia/lroimages/apollosites.html

Have fun
    Thanks for the link!
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    edited August 2018
    So if it's not faked then we can expect this quality of gameplay in the actual playable version very soon ... woohoo!!!11

A little more than a year or so but so worth it for all the gold in this thread lol :D
    Post edited by Babuinix on
    Babuinix said:

A little more than a year or so but so worth it for all the gold in this thread lol :D
    It was 2 years ago and is the Dragonfly playable yet? And if so has anyone done what that video did?
    Babuinix
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    rodarin said:
    Babuinix said:

It was 2 years ago and is the Dragonfly playable yet? And if so has anyone done what that video did?
    Yes and Yes. It was already in 3.0.

(early 3.0 PTU build but it's there with exactly the freelancer and dragonfly at ~ min 8).
    Babuinix
  • SagethornSagethorn Member UncommonPosts: 57
    god, necros two year old posts to say neener neener, move along, if you agree or disagree with the game who cares, all i see are white nights and haters constantly bickering and waving your own agendas around, its like its now personal between you.

Its the same few people, i honestly believe you guys wouldnt know what to do with yourselves if you didnt have this .
    Nepheth
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Sagethorn said:
    god, necros two year old posts to say neener neener, move along, if you agree or disagree with the game who cares, all i see are white nights and haters constantly bickering and waving your own agendas around, its like its now personal between you.

Its the same few people, i honestly believe you guys wouldnt know what to do with yourselves if you didnt have this .
    I honestly think some are sock puppets (on both sides). I think much of this is Goonswarm manucatured drama for shits and giggles. 

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

MaxBacon said:
    rodarin said:
    Babuinix said:

Yes and Yes. It was already in 3.0.

(early 3.0 PTU build but it's there with exactly the freelancer and dragonfly at ~ min 8).
    doesnt show him flying INTO another ship, but at least they released it thats not always a guarantee when they 'showcase' some cash grab ship....
    MaxBacon