Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UEC Cap Removed, Is The Game Going Full Out Pay To Win?

Comments

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    edited August 2018
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:
    Not even the haters can keep up with their hate train lol  

Still hanging on the total collapse and saying that live gameplay demos are pre-recorded cutscenes :D

You couldn't make this tinfoileryhat up! 
    It's interesting how you label anyone that's skeptical or pragmatic as a hater.  That's quite an open mind you have
    Saying constantly that a company is collapsing because of financial problems when it's been hiring and expanding or that live gameplay demo is faked when it's shown live is not being skeptical or pragmatic it's being delusional lol

Calling it a hater is being kind tbh  :D
    And how many people actually say that? Perhaps more to the point, why are you even paying attention to these people?

The truth is as FrodoFaggins said, even if someone has a reasonable point or complaint you trot out the old hater meme. You just don't like hearing anything said against your precious game...
    postlarvalKefoFrodoFraginsKyleranStjerneodd
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    edited August 2018
    Oh please I have no problem with reasonable arguing if there was any...

Unfortunetly it's a rare thing here as most people 'criticizing' do it from frustration, negative bias or are terrible uninformed about the most basic features of Star Citizen and / or game development.

I wonder how would you react seeing the same guys constantly troll posting in the Elite thread lol

We specificaly have a group of people here that just cant accept that a game as ambitious as Star Citizen is being developed by Chris Roberts and backed by gamers because they've decided long ago that the project should die because it didnt went has they expected or because it menaces their favorite game.

Their frustration got the better of them and their way of coping with it is dislike everything about it in one way or another.

That's why the discussions end up being bitchfights about useless #drama that goes nowhere every single time.

Star Citizen will keep on being developed, features said to be impossible and.dramatized over will keep being added to the game, changes and delays will also happen like in any other game.in development, backers will keep supporting the game and having fun playtesting it while haters will find new dumb delusional ways to hate on it lol

Rinse&Repeat  B)
    rpmcmurphyKyleran
    Babuinix said:

Thank you for making my point. The fact that you don't think there has been any reasonable arguments just shows how biased you are.
    ScotchUpKefoKyleranStjerneodd
    Babuinix said:

Thank you for making my point. The fact that you don't think there has been any reasonable arguments just shows how biased you are.
    Sure show me a reasonable argument then that's not founded on frustration, ignorance or hate then.
  • peanutabcpeanutabc Member UncommonPosts: 176
    my main issue with star citizen is that their website nor fans can explain what content there is to do in the 5+ years it has been developed.

I got an answer from someone that was "fly around with friends" which leads me to what I've read and seen is that there's absolutely nothing to do.

Even if you go to their website, go to the star citizen page. There's nothing of substance. Just fly-by videos. 1 paragraph for fight, trade and explore. "buy x starter pack" etc...

yet i'll be either called a troll or hater or not doing enough research; but i'm not the one asking for money for a game in development that should be earning my money. Their website should be wowing people with features and videos of what I should be expecting but there's absolutely nothing there.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Current Content:

1.- Arena Commander
    1.1.- Vandul swarm (PvE Waves, against vanduul)
    1.2.- Pirate Swarm (PvE waves, against NPCs)
    1.3.- Free flight (small area for you to fly with full FPS)
    1.4.- Deathmatch (PvP)
    1.5.- Team deathmatch (PvP)
    1.6.- Capture de flag (PvP)
    1.7.- Racing (closed map, passing checkpoints)

2.- Star Marine
    2.1.- Capture points (PvP)
    2.2.- Deathmatch (PvP)

3.- Persistent Universe
    3.1.-Exploring space and moons for the views and find hidden locations / wrecks / stations
    3.2.-Cargo runs
    3.3.-Fight pirates
    3.4.-Do missions / visit mission givers
    3.4.1.- Get and drop cargo
    3.4.2.- Explore wrecks for corpses or loot
    3.4.3.- Kill targets
    3.4.4.- Enable disable com arrays so people can or can't do crimes

3.5 - Hacking in Security Post Kareah to get rid of criminal rating (attention: PvP enabled)

3.6 - mine and trade

3.7 - go shopping at multiple locations

3.8 - spend hours before a mirror finding your perfect in game outfit

3.9 - boarding actions in larger spaceships (and defense against it)

3.10 - 50 man squard dance coreographied action

3.11 - 50 man air/ground/space battles

4.- Hangar - Admire the beauty of your ships, in private.

4.1. - interior design with subscriber decorative items

4.2. - obstacle course driving with Greycat buggy

5. - ArcCorp

5.1 - socializing and dancing in bar

5.2. - Crashcar derby with Greycat buggy

5.3 - shopping

Have fun
    More like you cant find the info. The site is dense and albeit probably as already too much info for casuals.

Who/where did you asked for info ? Nobody would call you hater or troll for that.
    Why would they? 

But the truth is that ifnyou have to ask you shouldnt back/buy the game now.

Its in heavy development with bugs glitches and bad optimization like all game in development.

It's not a polished experience so unless you really want to support it's development you shouldnt spend money in it.

There's a free flight coming in the next.months so I suggest anyone on the fence for it to try it.

Minimum SSD and 16gigs of ram. Quad core CPU. GPU 2gb
    rpmcmurphy
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:

Sure show me a reasonable argument then that's not founded on frustration, ignorance or hate then.
    Lol at that ridiculous criteria, talk about wanting to stack the deck so you can dismiss anything you personally dislike...

But anyway, here's 2 founded on curiousity:

May 2015 "Hey Chris! You said Star Marine would be out any day now, mind telling us what's up with it?"
    Jan 2017 "Hey Chris! You said patch 3.0 would arrive by the end of the year, mind telling us what's up with it?"

ScotchUpBabuinix
    edited August 2018
    There it goes..Frustration...

Intentions are not promises. Things change all the time in game development.

Dont you see all the other games and projects that get delayed, cut features or change plans? 

Both Star Marine and 3.0 are available to play and you're still bitching about them lol

Why do you fixate only on Star Citizen lol...

Do you go about asking about the touted yearly Elite Seasons?

Do you ask about Elite Arena tournament with prize moneys?

Seems to me that Star Citizen broke your heart so badly you just cant let go lol
    Post edited by Babuinix on
    rpmcmurphyStjerneodd
    edited August 2018
    Babuinix said:
    There it goes..Frustration...

Intentions are not promises. Things change all the time in game development.

Do you dont see all the other games and projects that get delayed, cut features or change plans? 

Both Star Marine and 3.0 are available to play and you're still bitching about them lol
    In other words, you've got nothing...

Nearly all arguments start because of frustration, saying that it can only be examples that exclude frustration is just dumb as hell.

Even when a question is asked out of curiousity you instantly dismiss it as frustration which proves my earlier point. You simply don't want people saying things you don't like in your safe space.

Games most certainly change up during development, any reasonable person understands this but when you have the CEO stating things as though they are definite and then failing to deliver you have a problem, that's on Roberts not the people who listened to him.

You extol that people should understand that development changes for Star Citizen and yet you're forever throwing jibes about Elite's atmospheric planets and space legs, do you not understand that development changes or is it only applicable to Star Citizen?

Babuinix said:
    Why do you fixate only on Star Citizen lol...

Do you go about asking about the touted yearly Elite Seasons?

Do you ask about Elite Arena tournament with prize moneys?
    Because Star Citizen is the only game that's 6 years into development, consumed a huge amount of its financing and has very little to show for it.

No, I have no need to ask about Elite's seasons because the devs already said that they're not doing what they did with Horizons.

No I don't ask about CQC because I don't play it at all, I personally think it was a waste and should instead be incorporated into the actual gameworld.

Babuinix said:
    Seems to me that Star Citizen broke your heart so badly you just cant let go lol
    Nope, unlike you I don't fall in love with digital goods
    edited August 2018
    Yeah I've got no frustration about game development because I've done enough research to understand it lol

Saying that Star Citizen is the only game with a long development cycle is just pure Ignorance. Again proving my point.

Seems this is your first rodeo following a game in development and you just cant handle it.

You seem to have selected frustration which just showcases and confirms your negative bias against everything Star Citizen...
    That you choose to ignore or even deny it is the most amusing part  :D
    Post edited by Babuinix on
    edited August 2018
    Well I guess that's settled then  :D
    See ya in the Verse  B)
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Durzax said:

All of you "pay to win-ers." 
    Your ship go BOOM, now you full of gloom, alas you may start to fume, cause the NPC's spelled your doom, however take heart you where just made into a spectacular bloom.
    So I just wanted to go back to this since I'm curious.

How do you get that Idris ship since it's not for sale anymore?

Was it a give away? Can you earn it by actually playing the game? Did they buy it with real life cash?

I saw the link you provided to the not currently available official Star Citizen site.

So I did some digging...

This said it was obtained from the Space Marshal package, or rather the variant Idris-P wait that's not it, also $5,000 package.

So I keep looking and this site has it listed at $1,000 USD

So I figure someone bought this for $1,000 dollars.

I could be wrong but if that's the case losing the ship and it not currently being for sale don't really negate a pay to win argument they further it.

Feel free to correct, was a whole 10 mins of research.
    Phaserlight

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• peanutabcpeanutabc Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Babuinix said:
    More like you cant find the info. The site is dense and albeit probably as already too much info for casuals.

nothing is listed in the initial pages besides small paragraphs that mean pretty much nothing.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/ 

so one would click star citizen to see what the game is about and what it has to offer ; then we're at; https://robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen

"game modes available to play" this seems like it would give information about the game; Links to this video whcih ends up being 4m30 of camera panning. There's zero information unless it's about ships which just all lead to the store.

just as someone with zero investment and just curiosity of what all the years of development have created so far I would've expected them to be wanting to show it off to make me want to support them but seeing 4minutes 30 of camera panning fluff is not a good first impression.

Instead I would have to google star citizen development or the roadmap from day 1 to get any "real" information

Current Content:

1.- Arena Commander
    1.4.- Deathmatch (PvP)

2.- Star Marine
    2.2.- Deathmatch (PvP)

3.- Persistent Universe
    3.1.-Exploring space and moons for the views and find hidden locations / wrecks / stations
    3.2.-Cargo runs
    3.3.-Fight pirates
    3.4.3.- Kill targets

(just cropped some out to lessen the length, not ignoring them)

So just regarding persistent universe as I believe this is the "main" star citizen experience that was planned.

explorations, trade runs, pirates and missions.

to be expected but is there consequence and impact on any of these right now or what is their plan overall? or is it just "pick up mission; kill 10 pirates get money" It's quite difficult to find clear information about the grand scheme and only reading or being told basic features.

Even something as simple as mining could have a load of game mechanics and content built around it but finding it out is not a pleasant experience with their website.

honestly the scope and what the game could be sounds amazing in my head as I've always enjoyed the X series until Rebirth. Is there anything about player owned structures in a similar fashion to the X series where you could build complexes to sell/produce resources or equipment?

If there's a specific place i should be looking at to follow features implemented and their roadmap goals I wouldn't mind a link

Phry
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    edited August 2018
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:

Still hanging on the total collapse and saying that live gameplay demos are pre-recorded cutscenes :D

It's interesting how you label anyone that's skeptical or pragmatic as a hater.  That's quite an open mind you have
    Saying constantly that a company is collapsing because of financial problems when it's been hiring and expanding or that live gameplay demo is faked when it's shown live is not being skeptical or pragmatic it's being delusional lol

Yeah well I'm pretty sure you've labeled me and others as a hater at one point even though we've never espoused any of what you just claimed. LOL

I simply don't think it will ever release as promised and CR has no self control on this project
    Kefo
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:

Yeah well I'm pretty sure you've labeled me and others as a hater at one point even though we've never espoused any of what you just claimed. LOL

I simply don't think it will ever release as promised and CR has no self control on this project
    Feel free to point out any of incoherence's you might find.

Ok you think the game is not going to "release as promised", no game ever is everything as imagined by everyone. So what? How's that worthy of mentioning lol

"CR has no self control on this project" yet it keeps going strong after all these years and huge companies like Amazon or Intel have no problem partnering with Chris Roberts  ;)

I guess you feel the need to vent because you too want to play this game but cant deal with the  waiting. The more you follow the harder it is to wait for it lol

Oh well rinse&repeat  B)
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    edited August 2018
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:

Feel free to point out any of incoherence's you might find.

Ok you think the game is not going to "release as promised", no game ever is everything as imagined by everyone. So what? How's that worthy of mentioning lol

"CR has no self control on this project" yet it keeps going strong after all these years and huge companies like Amazon or Intel have no problem partnering with Chris Roberts  ;)

I guess you feel the need to vent because you too want to play this game but cant deal with the  waiting. The more you follow the harder it is to wait for it lol

Oh well rinse&repeat  B)
    OK.  You've earned an ignore at this point.  I've tried but you can't help yourself at this point.

I haven't invested in the game and don't care if it ever releases.  I just think it has created a problem for crowdfunding by devs that are able to stay within scope and not constantly add features and delay the game endlessly.

There is no valid excuse for SQ42 being this far from release.  ZERO.  ZILCH. NADA
    Oh please save us the drama lol

There's plenty of games from established studios with more money than CIG has that took more to develop than Squadron 42 and don't even come close to it's complexity lol

If you have problems understanding why games in development can get delayed that's on you, not on the game or the company. It's up to you to read and inform about the craft, crying about it brings nothing to the discussion, as usual, letting the frustration getting the better of you lol
    MadFrenchie
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Erillion said:
    Current Content:

1.- Arena Commander
    1.4.- Deathmatch (PvP)

2.- Star Marine
    2.2.- Deathmatch (PvP)

3.- Persistent Universe
    3.2.-Cargo runs
    3.3.-Fight pirates
    3.4.3.- Kill targets

3.5 - Hacking in Security Post Kareah to get rid of criminal rating (attention: PvP enabled)

3.6 - mine and trade

5. - ArcCorp

5.3 - shopping

Have fun
    Remaining content and delivery date?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Durzax said:
    rodarin,

Holy shit, would you look at that, so, much for your 24 max, and no open world.

Derek, your extreme jealousy and envy is showing.
    I watched it before. I didnt see 50 people, most I saw 40 on that space station or whatever where theyre saluting, and on the planet itself I didnt see more than 12 on the surface of the planet and apparently there are people inside the ships shooting back but we dont see that angle or those other (apparently) 38 or so players.

Not to mention thats just more cinematic crap that is not able to be duplicated on any live servers anywhere. If it were there would be a lot more of it being paraded around as to how 'awesome' SC already is.

But in a project thats raised 200 million and being made in the 21st century the fact people are crowing about ( a really unsubstantiated) 50 man 'battle' shows how pathetic this whole thing is. For the most ambitious and far reaching (or whatever other crap they use to describe what Roberts and Co are trying to do its pretty sad.
    Babuinix
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:

It cant collapse as long as people are willing to throw money at them. It was just something no one with half a brain would have thought anyone else with half a brain would still be doing after 7 or 8 years.

Despite what ANYONE says the fact is if NOT for the (alleged) money still coming in this project would have ZERO chance of ever being finished. If they didnt get a single penny going forward it also wouldnt be getting finished. And not even the most stalwart white knight would claim otherwise.

It is now just a perpetual running joke and that the only way anything can be done (or better yet REdone) is if people keep giving them money. So forget the 200 million how much more is it going to take?

There isnt a single COMPETENT game developer on the planet who couldnt make SOMETHING (and probably something much better than whatever this abortion has turned into) for that amount of money and time.

Like my other comment said both sides have the same ammunition because the more money getting sent in makes both sides argument for them.
    BabuinixFrodoFragins
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Kyleran said:
    Erillion said:
    Current Content:

1.- Arena Commander
    1.4.- Deathmatch (PvP)

2.- Star Marine
    2.2.- Deathmatch (PvP)

3.- Persistent Universe
    3.2.-Cargo runs
    3.3.-Fight pirates
    3.4.3.- Kill targets

3.6 - mine and trade

5. - ArcCorp

5.3 - shopping

Have fun
    Remaining content and delivery date?
    Look at production roadmap (separate thread here). 

Have fun 
  • DurzaxDurzax Member UncommonPosts: 87
    @rodarin,

Sure thing there champ.

• DurzaxDurzax Member UncommonPosts: 87
    edited August 2018
    Nilden said:
    So I just wanted to go back to this since I'm curious.

How do you get that Idris ship since it's not for sale anymore?

The holiday time pledge drives that happen or any time CIG reopen it for pledging.

Was it a give away? Can you earn it by actually playing the game? Did they buy it with real life cash?

Any that pledged for it, yes, they used real money, can also be earned by the referral program. Yes, can be gotten in game by legit/ or not so legit means.

I saw the link you provided to the not currently available official Star Citizen site.

So I did some digging...

This said it was obtained from the Space Marshal package, or rather the variant Idris-P wait that's not it, also $5,000 package.

No that is a 5000 dollar pledge to a new video game's development with the ships as a thank you for the pledge.

So I keep looking and this site has it listed at $1,000 USD

Yeah, so what, every crowdfunded game on this planet has had multiple pledge tiers from there inception, it is time to get with the program or get the fuck over it.

So I figure someone bought this for $1,000 dollars.

I could be wrong but if that's the case losing the ship and it not currently being for sale don't really negate a pay to win argument they further it.

Oh, I am sure the Vanduul will love your Idris or Javelin when they are blowing your ship to bits.
    You or any one else thinking you are buying power/or god mode is delusional.

Feel free to correct, was a whole 10 mins of research.

Post edited by Durzax on
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Durzax said:
    @rodarin,

Sure thing there champ.

What’s 339 viewers supposed to be proving?