Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What happened to Pokemon Go?

Comments

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    What happened to the sensation that was Pokémon Go?  Did the millions of kids and millennials who played it lose interest after a month?  Does anyone still play?  I heard about it non-stop for a bit, then total silence.
    That's a weird way of wording who plays it. Why not just the millions of people who played it, why Kids and Millennials? 

To answer the question, the game is still doing extremely well on both App stores. I see raids happening sometimes around where I work, where groups of people are hanging out playing. 

I started playing it again last week, and it's been pretty fun to mess around in. 
    I'm 40 and never really heard about/played Pokemon it's first time around, let alone this time when I was 39.  I do think age is a factor in anything Pokemon.
  • LowellsandersLowellsanders Member UncommonPosts: 134
    The game is dead!
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    It's the trendy craze, it always peaks up then normalizes, but many still Play it from what I see.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Still going strong, trading and pokemon lets go for the switch in november.
    klash2def

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    Pokemon's brand is too strong for GO to fail
    Dragnelus
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

edited August 2018
    Edit: @1.50 ohh there is also co op :) xD

Never knew ivysaur was a frog..

You can play Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu! and Let's Go Eevee! with a friend in couch co-op?

That's right, and it only takes a pair of Joy-Con to get it set up. Another player has to simply wiggle the second Joy-Con while it's connected to the console to join in the fun. You can then both throw Pokéballs together to catch Pokémon – presumably increasing your chance to catch them – and battle as a team against other trainers in the world.

lets-go-pikachu-eevee-08jpg

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    We hired two young kids that play it every chance they can and it drives me nuts.You try to say something to them and their faces are buried in their cell phones like the rest of the world doesn't exist.
    However we also had one of the guys daughters work with us and she said that it has died off with all her friends,none of therm play it anymore.
    I often see a crowd of people "parents and kids" in the same place at night when i am walking the dogs,so yeah i see people playing it but not the craze it was made out to be.
    Personally,just like all other mobile games ,i feel it is a cheaply made game that doesn't deserve the massive revenue it gets.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• poisonknightpoisonknight Member CommonPosts: 6
    From what I think, Pokemon Go received a lot of hype because of it's previous games. There is already a lot of pokemon loyal fans and when Pokemon GO came out it was a new thing to all of us. Argumented reality was still new.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Nothing happened to it.  As popular as ever if what I've read is correct.  They don't really need to hype themselves anymore because they have a pretty large following.

Allerleirauh

I self identify as a monkey.

• NumeroUnomynameNumeroUnomyname Member CommonPosts: 6
    nothing, you can play it even now; problem is that Pokemon Go had a hype moment for few weeks but then everyone forgot about it; It's when you don't add new features and marketing funds to game; that's it
    Dragnelus
  • GustieGustie Member CommonPosts: 6
    Pokemon Go stopped getting hype from the world, but there are lots of people who are coming back to the game in silent, every new update they launch. I mean, yeah, people now only talk about it when the new update comes out, plays it for a month and then the waiting begins again. 

At least that's what i am only interested in :D 
  • emilyidkemilyidk Member CommonPosts: 7
    Well I think that Pokemon Go was really undeveloped when it came out. Everything is so sketchy but now I guess it's okay :) But people have stopped playing it because of that . (and the accidents it caused xD)
  • emilyidkemilyidk Member CommonPosts: 7
    Well I think that Pokemon Go was really undeveloped when it came out. Everything is so sketchy but now I guess it's okay :) But people have stopped playing it because of that . (and the accidents it caused xD)
  • TeranossTeranoss Member CommonPosts: 6
    As with every game it happens naturally. Pokemon GO would only lose its playerbase if they stopped releasing new updates and any info regarding the future of the game. Obviously now everyone play more after update, am i right?
  • NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    Our local gaming store holds monthly 'games' , plus the store is located between 2 of the spots.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• techblogger911techblogger911 Member CommonPosts: 18
    The word "Battle Royale" has taken over the trend of Pokemon, it'll be back.
  • TeranossTeranoss Member CommonPosts: 6
    The word "Battle Royale" has taken over the trend of Pokemon, it'll be back.
    You're right. What i'm waiting for is the advancement of Virtual Reality. I hope pokemon GO will implement that in the future so we are able to have an overlay UI over the IRL and somehow make it more immersive, or intuitive. It has to come with the better VR tech, right now it's all too clingy, would be nice to have sensors attached to your legs that allows normal movements without pointers
  • JunebugircJunebugirc Member CommonPosts: 6
    What happened to it? Shouldn't we be saying thank goodness that the sensation is finally over, lmao. Kids were going nuts playing that game, running into one coming traffic, into people's yards.

Straight ridiculous.  :D
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    What happened to it? Shouldn't we be saying thank goodness that the sensation is finally over, lmao. Kids were going nuts playing that game, running into one coming traffic, into people's yards.

Straight ridiculous.  :D
    Sounds just like people who use smart phones for other purposes.
  • kingdomslayerkingdomslayer Member CommonPosts: 6
    But I think with the recent updates with switch it seems like the hype will continue!! xD 

• Luetta13thLuetta13th Member CommonPosts: 7
    Not too sure what happened to it, I guess the phase  finally over. Which is a good thing. There was too much craziness happening with people looking for pokemons, any and everywhere. Goodridense
  • waipowrectdeapr1976waipowrectdeapr1976 Member CommonPosts: 8
    Do you remember of that Japanese gymnast. He was taking part at the Rio Olympic games and he was so obsessed with the game that he spent thousands of dollars (equivalent in Yen of course) for his phone bill because he was roaming... Now that's some dedication