Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So what can you do now in GW2?

RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
You hit level 80...

Progression / Gear wise what can you really do other than PVP/WvW

. There's like no actual dungeons that give meaningful content that I am aware of.
. There isn't really any point to crafting in the game.

It also looks very empty perhaps there's a new hub now.

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited August 2018
    Genuinely not trying to be rude but you're playing the wrong game if you want to chase gear score. GW2 is all about horizontal progression, collectables, completion and playing the game because you enjoy the content. Play WoW instead if that's what you want; 'gear' that you chase to get more 'gear'.

You still probably need Ascended gear and don't have any Legendaries. Fractals and Raids are the real endgame dungeons but the normal 36 paths of dungeons are still worth doing because the content and mechanics are a lot of fun. Look into them all.
    ReverielleOctagon7711YashaX
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    You can do raids, fractals, legendary collections, living story contents, meta events, side stories etc. There are tons of pve content in Gw2. Dungeons are nothing more then a leveling content in Gw2 right now. It is abandoned as an end game content. Now you have fractals for that. I believe you didn't check any new content release after the first weeks of release?

Fractals are 5 man dungeons that you can join from the hub in Lion's Arch. Something like this,

There are 20 different fractal and 100 fractal levels. On top of that there is a challange mote for new rewards and achievements. You can earn money, collect new skins, collect your ascended items from this mode. They are always adding new fractals in the game.

Raids are 10 man pve content that you can find in any other pve based mmorpg. And they are actually pretty good. For example;

You can craft your legendary armor and ring with this game mode, collect a lot of unique weapon and armor skins, earn ascended items and work on new titles and achievements.

Side stories are short side advantures that doesn't hold your hand and show you what to do. You have to figure out what to do and where to go etc to complate them and gain bunch of new items and achievements. Of course you can always look up a guide on the internet if you don't wanna digure out by yourself.

2nd generation legendaries have pretty long and interesting collections to craft them. Some of them have pretty good stories like the legendary short bow.

Every single living story content comes with a new map, storyline, collections, achievements and more. You can always do them.

All HoT maps and new living story maps have their own meta events and they are pretty enjoyable. You can earn some pretty good skins and farm gold with them. Some of the events drop some crazy unique items that sells more than 20-30k gold.

Like I said there are tons of content in Gw2 that you can do. But the game is not forcing you to do any of them. They are all optional. That's what I love about this game. You don't have any kind of carrot to follow but you can always create your own goals in the game. You can enjoy Gw2 however you like. It's up to you..

Octagon7711
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    Honestly? I've been playing GW2 since early access, had fun, leveled up multiple characters, crafted Legendaries ect, ect, but to this day I kind of feel some of the solo and group quests (while some call it challenging) are unnecessarily frustrating and annoying to complete. I'm sure most of you can name the ones I'm talking about since most everyone seems to feel the same about them, including the recent latest LW story.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• ReverielleReverielle Member UncommonPosts: 133
    Guild Wars 2 is about the content; the events/story/metas etc etc. Therein lies the heart of the game still, even though much has changed since it's first release.  The materialistic side of things is there, but not as we know it. Sure you can get caught in the gear grind; first for ascended equipment, then for legendary equipment if you really want to. But in no way it is needed (outside of ascended equipment for high-tier fractals).

Yes, you can grind away for gold, but in no way is gold needed to be farmer to gain access to the content in the game. Yes, you can work on Legendary weapons which can take an extreme amount of time/gold, but again it's entirely an optional thing. 

Yes, you can craft (and yes crafting can be important in the game, though not necessary to enjoy it) and doing so opens up opportunities both for yourself and providing for friends/others. 

I guess, the accessibility of the game throws some of the MMO players that are so use to the grind in other games they honestly get confused regarding what to do in GW2. But this accessibility is one of GW2's greatest strengths, in no other game are you as free to adventure with friends that have characters of different skill/levels than you are in Tyria. 

It's all about the moment to moment enjoyment. Though mostly it's all about what you make it, like most things.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Well Reno you are the guy who is known for having been banned for getting money from third party sites.

I would say that means you want power - more power than the other players have.

You won't find that here so this probably isn't the right game for you.
    YashaXRenoaku
    Harbinger of Fools
  • JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009
    The gear 'treadmill' is fractals where you can spend a ton of time farming infusions which give small stat boosts.

Other than that its collecting skins such as legendary/ascended weapons and armor. The unfortunate thing here is that in my opinion the skins from RNG loot box currency (black lion tickets) often look better.