Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This site is now running political ads about abortion

QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
I'm not sure if that's intentional, but it seems like a peculiar thing to do when you generally ban political debates on the forums.  Hovering over the ads makes an "AdChoices" label appear, and the URL has Google in it, so that's probably the ad network that it's coming from.

Comments

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623
    I apologize - these ads are coming from an ad network and not us directly booking them.  I will get a hold of our networks to stop it but it can be difficult sometimes.

Thank you for reporting this.  MMORPG.com has no intentions of having ads like this appear on our site I assure you.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• duo_slyduo_sly Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Admin said:
    I apologize - these ads are coming from an ad network and not us directly booking them.  I will get a hold of our networks to stop it but it can be difficult sometimes.

Thank you for reporting this.  MMORPG.com has no intentions of having ads like this appear on our site I assure you.
    @Admin Since this is on the topic of ads, I've noticed some ads for games that are pretty shady like unofficial Pokemon games using what is obviously copyrighted images and characters as well as an add for an adult 18+ game that just forwards you to a browser game that really isn't even related to what the ad depicted.

I've used this site off and on for years to look up new games that I might want to try and I understand you need money to operate the site but when I start seeing shady ads on a website I usually stop using said website. You guys/gals have made a great website but I feel like some of the ads I'm seeing cheapen the website you've worked hard to make. I'm not saying get rid of ads but maybe look into getting a new ad network or asking your current ad network about the quality of there ads.