Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Job Postings Show Up for 'Next-Gen Console / PC MMO' Based on Aion IP - Aion - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageJob Postings Show Up for 'Next-Gen Console / PC MMO' Based on Aion IP - Aion - MMORPG.com

Aion News - According to MMO Culture, it appears that the Korean NCSoft site has been updated with a number of job postings for a brand new "next gen MMO" based on the Aion IP. The game will be built using Unreal Engine 4 and job requirements include using "3DS Max to create character / monster / animation resources for the concept and development environment". But...that's about all we know.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• achmedeachmede Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Next gen mmo based on Aion.
    Sign
    me
    UP !
    JeffSpicoliLeiloniSovrathzigalucardAlomarLaviotaThupliDaemonweavermetarealrosej90
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Aion is one of my favorites so I cant wait to see this.
    JeffSpicoliLeiloniBillMurphySovrathmetarealrosej90
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Free 2 Play, With Pay 2 Enjoy NC Coin Cash Shop !

$10 Per Plastic Surgery Ticket, while BDO is like $10 for an entire month of character editing...
    ScotTillerkertinOzmodanAzaron_Nightbladealkarionlog
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited August 2018
    It may way well have an awful cash shop as Renoaku suggested, but this could be a AAA MMO, so not to be sniffed at.

P.S. Has anyone checked if these were "playful" job postings? :)
    Post edited by Scot on
    OzmodanLokero
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Renoaku said:

Free 2 Play, With Pay 2 Enjoy NC Coin Cash Shop !

$10 Per Plastic Surgery Ticket, while BDO is like $10 for an entire month of character editing...

Are you editing your characters that frequently that you need more than 1 edit?

Personally I think the BDO cash shop is pretty bad with cost, the fact that you can't just straight up buy a month of Value Pack and have to spend 20 dollars to get something that only costs 15 is dumb as hell.
    Ozmodan
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    edited July 2018
    Well I guess Aion 2 is confirmed then...https://www.mmorpg.com/aion/news/aion-2-speculation-rises-over-ncsofts-project-a2-1000042732

Although I'll have to amend my previous comment. It doesn't have to be action combat, it just has to have good combat.
    Laviotametareal
  • aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 620
    Im really looking forward to this offering. Obviously not getting hyped up with zero actual info on the game, but the prospect is intriguing. I did love the original, one of the last "collectors edition" MMOs I ever bought into. I only ever quit in the first place because the grind was real and my guild moved on (almost impossible to play without a guild, because of the heavy PVP focused endgame).

And the cash shop doesnt scare me at all. Aions cash shop is completely cosmetic and non-P2W, they stuck with that "Truly Free" (I believe that was the slogan they used) and did a great job. A $20 plastic surgery ticket is not at all P2W, and I could care less how many costumes and wings they sell, as long as they do not have stats attached.
    metareal
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    This is awesome. I'll be curious to see what they mean by "next gen."
    ConstantineMerus
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • LrdEtriusLrdEtrius Member UncommonPosts: 95
    A sequel and revival of the Aion universe? Please do!
    Sovrathmetareal
  • KiwiHypeKiwiHype Member UncommonPosts: 233
    Man I loved Aion so much, best world pvp mechanics to date. Very curious.
    metareal
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    It will be ganking, zerging, and....... oh forget it, I'm in!
    Loved my Aion Cleric, here's to Aion 2 pvpveverything.
    AlomarLeilonimetareal
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    NCSoft never learned that a 2 faction game is broken from the start, 3 is optimal as has been proven time after time.  Will wait to see what they come up with, but if they continue with 2 factions, color me laughing at them.
  • Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    Time to build me a next gen computer :)
    rosej90Scot
  • Skaar.AionSkaar.Aion Member UncommonPosts: 16
    It was just a matter of time really, before a sequel would be made. Aion was far too successful in the eastern market to not get one...

Hopefully they learned from the success of Aion 6.0 and implement that into the new game...
    LeiloniThupli
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited August 2018
    Another MMO they can shut down while its making money. But this time the console players can see it first hand! 

But then to take it up a notch cause they want to outdo themselves, they'll screw over microsoft or sony or both and they'll (sony/microsoft) sue them like Richard was forced to (and no matter what you think of him, NCsoft was found GUILTY by the court of law).
    Post edited by TheScavenger on

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Isn't Aion like NCSoft's 2nd highest grossing mmorpg in the eastern market? Like a bit under Lineage I believe.
    Leilonimetareal
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    it's time for NCSoft to step in and save the genre from itself!
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • DranmarthDranmarth Member UncommonPosts: 57
    Just give me Chanter again and I'll be interested
  • ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    Will it be as p2w as Aion 1 ? Yes i think so
  • Hellbender27Hellbender27 Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Aion Cleric!!!! Aion IP Sign me up! My body is ready!!
    metareal
    Aion Cleric!!!! Aion IP Sign me up! My body is ready!!
    Welcome to the boards!
    Sovrath said:
    This is awesome. I'll be curious to see what they mean by "next gen."

So will I, every new MMO that come out is next generation, what are we on now iteration XXV? :)
  • DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    NcSoft.

Just no.
  • Drunk-fuDrunk-fu Member UncommonPosts: 133
    I wish i could be happy about it.
    But i remember very well what happened the past 9 years.
    NC completely ignored the players. Their "eye on community" blog consisted of questions and answers of the caliber: what color my clothes becomes if i use green dye?.
    Then when only a handful of players were still willing to pay the monthly fee for the game, they sold us out to the worst European company, Gameforge.
    At the beginning forum topics just disappeared into thin air, now they just simply close them, in case they criticize how they do things. Ninja nerfing drop rates, to boost shop sales. At least 1 event is constantly on, it can't even be called event anymore because they use them on a regular basis. We warned them, we were ignored, a few weeks later everyone was walking around in endgame gear, both pve and pvp. Then they didn't stop with the events, just put even better items, and nerfed the rates to the ground, took away the free participation tokens, so that it'd be only accessible to paying customers.
    And the list could go on all day.

It could be even HL 3, i wouldn't play it if GF or NC is involved.