Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The (Casual) Endgame - Part 2 - TheHiveLeader - Final Fantasy XIV Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited July 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageThe (Casual) Endgame - Part 2 - TheHiveLeader - Final Fantasy XIV Videos - MMORPG.com

Final Fantasy XIV and TheHiveLeader haven't always seen eye to eye. But sometimes things change. Now that he's hit 70, TheHiveLeader is checking out the (casual) endgame of Final Fantasy XIV. Is it too hardcore for one man to handle? Not for TheHiveLeader! But yeah, it probably is.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    edited July 2018
    Every time I think of going back to this game I see a video like this and it saves me from myself. Obviously not a bad game, just not for me. Thank you HL!
    Moxom914pantarotomahawk1930ZenJellyzanfireHarikensausagemixLeiloniApridiseSamhael
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • kinkanatkinkanat Member UncommonPosts: 33
    A game where 95% of the content is EASY or EXTREMELY EASY....you can only call it casual.

Fewer and fewer people are playing for precisely that reason, 2 or 3 final battles based on puzzle bosses and bamboozling badges for the new team, in 3/4 months patch and nerf everything but the 2/3 new "difficult" battles.

Even the new content of climbing the 100 floors is absurdly easy and a painful attempt to copy the wonderful and magnificent Nyzul Isle of FFXI.

A pity, another game more made for casual people and more and more of them, and on top of that it looks like something positive.....
    zanfire
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Everything is too casual, give us some kind of challenge.
  • tomahawk1930tomahawk1930 Member UncommonPosts: 43
    I love the game but can’t sink the time into it anymore.
  • renegeedrenegeed Member UncommonPosts: 55

kinkanat said:

A game where 95% of the content is EASY or EXTREMELY EASY....you can only call it casual.

Fewer and fewer people are playing for precisely that reason, 2 or 3 final battles based on puzzle bosses and bamboozling badges for the new team, in 3/4 months patch and nerf everything but the 2/3 new "difficult" battles.

Even the new content of climbing the 100 floors is absurdly easy and a painful attempt to copy the wonderful and magnificent Nyzul Isle of FFXI.

A pity, another game more made for casual people and more and more of them, and on top of that it looks like something positive.....

Good thing SE isn't listening to you or they'd be in the same situation as Carbine, the developer of Wildstar that went all out on Hardcore content at endgame, only to find less than 5% actually interested in that.
    SplattrwingoodApridise
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848
    I recently returned after a long time and in the past month of only playing 2-3 hours a night I got a Red Mage to max level, completed the Main Story and close to best gear.

FF14 is only a big timesink if you make it a big timesink.

Also, the Hive Leader video is just ....awful. His attitude throughout was "I dont know anything, I dont want to learn, I dont care, this is too hard, Im out".

Theres a difference between "casual" and "not even trying" and Hive Leader was definitely the latter.
    tomahawk1930ZenJellynfacatriusViper482Apridise
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited July 2018

Xiaoki said:

Also, the Hive Leader video is just ....awful. His attitude throughout was "I dont know anything, I dont want to learn, I dont care, this is too hard, Im out".

Theres a difference between "casual" and "not even trying" and Hive Leader was definitely the latter.

Pretty sure that's just his comedy style. His videos are more entertaining than they are informative and I think it's intentional.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    About the raid thing; not knowing what you are supposed to do... most MMOs are terrible at giving you a heads up or explaining what you are supposed to do. I hate that about raids and dungeons in MMOs. They just throw you in there, it's crap.

When was the last time someone didn't learn boss mechanics from a website or addon?

Good jobs there's always some dedicated group of players that painstakingly figure out the mechanics through trial, error and frustration and are nice enough to let the rest of us know.
    LeiloniApridise
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • sausagemixsausagemix Member UncommonPosts: 96
    I quit the game a bit after HeavensWard came out but I think it does a good job of NOT grinding down the majority of players by making end game difficult and leaving the Savage raids to dedicated players. I think WAAAAY more people would be leaving if a regular dungeon was a "challenge" and not something they could pop into for some quick credits. Its a great MMO. I only quit because FFXIV is a concentration of old MMORPG generation ideas. Just waiting for the next evolution.
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    "In my MMO's, I like Combat and Healing."

Hahaha HiveLeader this is why I like you. That's basically all I like in MMO's, too lol.
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266

Xiaoki said:

I recently returned after a long time and in the past month of only playing 2-3 hours a night I got a Red Mage to max level, completed the Main Story and close to best gear.

FF14 is only a big timesink if you make it a big timesink.

I think it's a reflection on the game, not on HiveLeader. A lot of stuff is either tedious, or confusing, or just plain boring, and I think a lot of gamers just wouldn't care to figure those things out. You need to make things fun and interesting if you want players to get into something. His comments pointed out a lot of FFXIV's flaws IMO.
    pantaro
  • DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    I resumed for Eureka and quit a few hours later the same day. Uninstalled never to see it again. This game’s content is so badly organized along the scale of difficulty that it isn’t even funny.

Dungeons are a snooze fest and raids aren’t any better.

Eureka is absolutely nothing like EQ was or is.
    pantaro