Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Loot boxes going buh bye

2»

Comments

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Kyleran said:
    DMKano said:
    Having some queue is one thing, I think most player will tolerate up to 10-15min - but this is a failure to properly prepare enough hardware to handle the playerbase.

Not good.

Also people dropping only to get stuck in the queue again - not good.

Other games have had this same issue - and it wasn't good there either.
    Agreed.  I don't think they really fathomed they would have a million players trying to get into the open beta by the time they opened the servers!
    I know I'm always surprised at the number of people desperate to try something new, and right now!!!

Thousands upon thousands of games yet apparently no one wants to play them. 

Weird.

;)
    I got to play through the tutorial, but it wasn't a good or complete representation of the game (locked into one weapon, no chance to look at how you use items you collect on hunt, etc.).  I will be giving it a shot since I respect their decision to forego lootboxes, and it could be a fun little game to play casually when I just wanna hunt some big monsters with folks!
    Asm0deusOctagon7711Gdemami

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Nyctelios said:
    Kyleran said:
    DMKano said:
    Having some queue is one thing, I think most player will tolerate up to 10-15min - but this is a failure to properly prepare enough hardware to handle the playerbase.

Not good.

Also people dropping only to get stuck in the queue again - not good.

Other games have had this same issue - and it wasn't good there either.
    Agreed.  I don't think they really fathomed they would have a million players trying to get into the open beta by the time they opened the servers!
    I know I'm always surprised at the number of people desperate to try something new, and right now!!!

Thousands upon thousands of games yet apparently no one wants to play them. 

Weird.

;)
    I got to play through the tutorial, but it wasn't a good or complete representation of the game (locked into one weapon, no chance to look at how you use items you collect on hunt, etc.).  I will be giving it a shot since I respect their decision to forego lootboxes, and it could be a fun little game to play casually when I just wanna hunt some big monsters with folks!
    The combat is tight and the "classes"/"weapons" have a nice role to play. I'm in love with the hammer.

Matchmaking is quick and not much focus on chasing the monster - the game is more about just the fight itself.

What surprised me is the AI, the monsters are more clever than they make you believe and often they will make a ranged attack just to kill someone without life that thinks is safe outside the fight area.
    I may try again tonight.

I never got the chance to try SWG, so I'm currently fooling around on that SWGHope server someone was posting.  I must say, for it's time...  SWG was so far ahead.  The starships on top of multiple planets...  Makes me hope SC can actually pull something similar off with modern day advancements.

• bayareamjbayareamj Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Four man groups.

Were going backwards...

-----------------------------------
    MMO player

• stoeve11stoeve11 Member CommonPosts: 1
    i hate loot boxes
  • MeowdarlingMeowdarling Newbie CommonPosts: 9
    Thanks God no loot boxes . I am liking the game uptil now