Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prediction : Beta imminent

2»

Comments

• OnodrimOnodrim Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Well damn I was pretty close :0) ... if it happens 
  • BestinnaBestinna Member UncommonPosts: 190
    this game will never launch, it will simply hyper speed to infinity and beyond
    OnodrimAlomar
  • RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
    Bestinna said:
    this game will never launch, it will simply hyper speed to infinity and beyond
     I'd love to see some facts that corroborate this theory of yours.  This is probably 1 of maybe 4 crowdfunded projects that will actually come out with some form of finished product remotely in line with the original pitch.  Whether it's fun/successful will be a different story entirely though. 
    MrMelGibsonYashaXJamesGoblintweedledumb99Siphaed
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Kyleran said:
    meddyck said:
    AFAIK Mark does refunds in batches so the totals on the website probably went down because he processed a batch of refunds not because he reacted to one particular backer demanding a refund.
    That *generally* is what happens.

But I don't think that's what happened in this specific case - based on the hostility in the initial post asking for the refund, and Mark's reply, and the account being closed around the same time the ticker went down.  Edit: also, I have yet to see an account disabled before the refund has been issued.

I think Mark wanted to make this a solved problem ASAP, and did so.
    Any idea how much the funding ticker went down? Was mentioned as a significant amount, that could be $2K (20 people at $100 each) or some amount more. (Or less)

It was about $2,000, maybe a bit more?
    What a pretentious baby.  I'm guessing they are better off without them.
    JamesGoblinKyleran
  • tweedledumb99tweedledumb99 Member UncommonPosts: 290
    Kyleran said:
    meddyck said:
    AFAIK Mark does refunds in batches so the totals on the website probably went down because he processed a batch of refunds not because he reacted to one particular backer demanding a refund.
    That *generally* is what happens.

But I don't think that's what happened in this specific case - based on the hostility in the initial post asking for the refund, and Mark's reply, and the account being closed around the same time the ticker went down.  Edit: also, I have yet to see an account disabled before the refund has been issued.

I think Mark wanted to make this a solved problem ASAP, and did so.
    Any idea how much the funding ticker went down? Was mentioned as a significant amount, that could be $2K (20 people at $100 each) or some amount more. (Or less)

It was about $2,000, maybe a bit more?
    What a pretentious baby.  I'm guessing they are better off without them.
    I can definitely understand people being frustrated after 3+ years of delays to the original schedule (even if they have legitimate reasons for the delays). 

But demanding that alpha testing meet this person's schedule, when that isn't practical or useful for the team, is way too demanding.
    JamesGoblinKyleranMrMelGibson
  • cjmarshcjmarsh Member UncommonPosts: 299
    This game did not appear nearly ready for a beta test last I checked so I'll be interested to see how the impressions from beta are. I'm also curious to see if the funding they received will help accelerate development or not. Any new beta testers have thoughts on their progress?
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Onodrim said:
    ok you heard it here first :wink:

From looking at the updates on their site, things are really falling into place.

Beta: late Q2 : 2018
    Release: Late Q4: 2018- Early Q1 2019
    Happy new year! (Next year)

Sure.....

Beta 1, Beta 2, Beta 3, Closed Beta, Open Beta, release 2023.
    JamesGoblinMrMelGibson
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • cjmarshcjmarsh Member UncommonPosts: 299
    Viper482 said:
    Onodrim said:
    ok you heard it here first :wink:

From looking at the updates on their site, things are really falling into place.

Beta: late Q2 : 2018
    Release: Late Q4: 2018- Early Q1 2019
    Happy new year! (Next year)

Sure.....

Beta 1, Beta 2, Beta 3, Closed Beta, Open Beta, release 2023.
    That's true in that Mark Jacobs is more likely to follow a traditional development model but I would be more likely to estimate the release in 2019 or 2020.
    KyleranMrMelGibson
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    Do not invest in this game.  Yesterday they sent out an email saying a beta test was going to start in two hours and will only be two hours.  This is only the third beta1 test I have had an email about.  What grinds my gears is they know people  who can afford to buy the beta kickstarter of this game would be working during this time.

Then after I bring this up in fourms what do they do?   Block me from forums and delete my post. If how they treat their investors is any indication of how this game will come out we all should be getting our money back.

Has anyone felt like they are worth the more and more money they keep asking for with no respect givin to those that helped them?  Sorry posted this in the wrong thread.
    Welcome to the boards!

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • KeltsKelts Member CommonPosts: 1
    I for one wont be buying this game, 5 years of alpha and the community is toxic as F. All the alpha players think it's "their game" lmao have fun playing it 5 years when its released...
    Audioslave255JamesGoblin
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    Kelts said:
    I for one wont be buying this game, 5 years of alpha and the community is toxic as F. All the alpha players think it's "their game" lmao have fun playing it 5 years when its released...
    It might be you. I sense none of that in this game.

The feeling that long term testers gain a sense of ownership happens in every single online game and it's no worse in this one.

BTW Beta 1 officially is starting possibly tomorrow. The posts above about beta 1 emails saying testing is only for a brief test is just that ... brief tests in preparation for the real beta 1. 

Real Beta 1 will likely be over entire weekends and brief open tests for beta 1 players during the week. Otherwise week day testing will be typically open to IT and alpha testers. 

Anyone wanting solid beta testing with more content should wait until later beta stages. This has always been stated as the case.
    KyleranJamesGoblintweedledumb99

You stay sassy!

• tweedledumb99tweedledumb99 Member UncommonPosts: 290
    Kelts said:
    Thanks for letting us know...???
    JamesGoblinmeddyck