Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Apkallu Race Revealed Along with 'Modular Models' - City of Titans - MMORPG.com

ShelassaShelassa MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 616

imageApkallu Race Revealed Along with 'Modular Models' - City of Titans - MMORPG.com

City of Titans News - The City of Titans site has been updated with a look at the Apkallu race, "a race of superhuman fishman". In addition to revealing much of their lore and origin, the site also takes a look at the modular characters models that allow for interesting additions to the Apkallu in the form of Monster Heads, Tattoos, "Pit Wings" and Asymmetric Costume Pieces.

Read the full story here

Comments

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    This is pretty cool but I'm not sure how I feel about people being able to dramatically change their appearance (new monster heads, etc, not closes or costume pieces) after character creation if this is what they are saying - unless it is powers related like morphing. Its pretty neat but I'm guessing if you "unlock" these pieces by some sort of nonsensical system revolved around grinding or hunting for crap. In DCUO I really hated that they made a huge part of end game hunting for nonsense to get more points to improve your character - that is the main reason I don't play DCUO as I enjoy pretty much everything else, but tying my character development to hunting nonsense just isn't fun.

"Unlocking" costume options may be referring to just unlocking it during character development, and not during the game - but so many games now focus on unlocking crap by grinding achievements, instead of focusing on playing the game like a sane person, I am assuming it is tied to grinding or hunting.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Cool artwork. Not sure I want to play Aquaman though, but I could make an alt.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992
    This one may have better graphics than SoH, but seems in a far earlier stage of development.
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097

Scot said:

This one may have better graphics than SoH, but seems in a far earlier stage of development.

Both of the teams are realistically too small to make an MMORPG. But City of Titans at least seems to be going in a more professional direction.
    Truvidien88