Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

God Reveal - Pele, Goddess of Volcanoes - SMITE Gameplay Footage

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited July 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageGod Reveal - Pele, Goddess of Volcanoes - SMITE Gameplay Footage

SMITE 5.14 has been deployed along with a brand new goddess joining the pantheon: Pele, Goddess of Volcanoes. The Polynesian Pantheon begins with Pele who, as expected, brings a fiery form of combat with abilities such as Everlasting Flame, Pyroclast and Eruption. The video also provides her origin story and a look at her in combat.

Read the full story here

Comments

• DiscipledOneDiscipledOne Member UncommonPosts: 103
    edited July 2018
    If I wasnt such garbage at this game I’d play it more.
    Cryomatrixitchmon
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    She's smoking...oh come on someone had to do it. :)
    itchmon[Deleted User]
  • MalvodionMalvodion Member UncommonPosts: 12
    That update isn't out yet. You would know that if you actually looked up what you were writing about.
    ZenJelly
  • holyson113holyson113 Member UncommonPosts: 6

Malvodion said:

That update isn't out yet. You would know that if you actually looked up what you were writing about.

The tea, it's everywhere.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited July 2018
    So someone at SMITE saw over 700 homes destroyed in Hawaii and said, "Hey guys, I've got an idea!" I guess characters named after Hurricanes will be next. Is there a severe curse connected to her? I suppose we shall see.

So if this happens for taking rocks what happens if you use an image based on her?
    ZenJellypostlarvalBryanS

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403

Gorwe said:

Pele...I thought of someone else. ;)

Same, the Brazilian hall of fame soccer player which wasn’t his real name though it was Edson Arantes do Nascimento, Pele was a nickname he used like a recent Brazilian strong player went with Hulk. From wiki:
    In the Hawaiian religion, Pele (pronounced [ˈpɛlɛ]), is the goddess of fire, and volcanoes and the creator of the Hawaiian Islands.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    So someone at SMITE saw over 700 homes destroyed in Hawaii and said, "Hey guys, I've got an idea!" I guess characters named after Hurricanes will be next. Is there a severe curse connected to her? I suppose we shall see.

So if this happens for taking rocks what happens if you use an image based on her?
    I swear some people just LOOK for reasons to be offended.
    ZenJellypostlarvalBryanS
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    Still my favorite moba, unless you count world of warships.

People like me who want to play a moba but are poop soup with anything but MMO controls should try it. WASD is just a lot more native to me than click to move.
    Gorwe

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• KataalKataal Member UncommonPosts: 173
    edited July 2018
    But if you're a Hawaiian Goddess...
    edited July 2018

Kataal said:

She's not white? Even if you guessed (incorrectly) with the thumbnail of that video alone, the video shows you clearly how she looks like in game.

I'm going to guess you are white though. I don't even need a picture of you to figure that one out.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Octagon7711 said:

Malvodion said:

Kataal said:

She's not white? Even if you guessed (incorrectly) with the thumbnail of that video alone, the video shows you clearly how she looks like in game.

I'm going to guess you are white though. I don't even need a picture of you to figure that one out.

BryanS
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

thunderC said:

Octagon7711 said:

So someone at SMITE saw over 700 homes destroyed in Hawaii and said, "Hey guys, I've got an idea!" I guess characters named after Hurricanes will be next.

Is there a severe curse connected to her? I suppose we shall see.

Malvodion said:

Kataal said:

I sure hope you quoted the wrong person by accident, I'm not the one being offended for her being "white".