Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Koshai is a Mysterious New Behemoth Arriving with 'The Coming Storm' - Dauntless News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageKoshai is a Mysterious New Behemoth Arriving with 'The Coming Storm' - Dauntless News

The Dauntless site has been updated with a new blog post that details a

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883
    too little too late
    Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

JakeSim said:

too little too late

it still has two more weeks to shine :p
    Ilaya

• JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009
    Dropped as soon as MHW PC drop date was announced.
  • VaselVasel Member UncommonPosts: 226
    I tried to like this game but everything about it seems like its a blatant rip off of Monster hunter series.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    JakeSim said:
    too little too late
    Unfortunately, this is my opinion as well. I actually enjoyed my time with Dauntless, a lot, but there wasn't enough content to play long term, and a single boss and new weapon after a 10 week wait is not impressive for a new game. 
    JeffSpicoli
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543

JakeSim said:

too little too late

I don't think 1 new monster and 1 new weapon is gonna shine when Monster Hunter World is coming out.

Aeander said:
    JakeSim said:
    too little too late
    Unfortunately, this is my opinion as well. I actually enjoyed my time with Dauntless, a lot, but there wasn't enough content to play long term, and a single boss and new weapon after a 10 week wait is not impressive for a new game. 
    Lol, 10 week wait? The last true bit of content added to the game was Rezakiri and Shrowd, nearly 8 months ago.
    Asch126 said:

JakeSim said:

too little too late

I don't think 1 new monster and 1 new weapon is gonna shine when Monster Hunter World is coming out.

Aeander said:
    JakeSim said:
    too little too late
    Lol, 10 week wait? The last true bit of content added to the game was Rezakiri and Shrowd, nearly 8 months ago.
    10 week wait after the start of open beta, when the majority of incoming players are going to actually notice the drought. 8 months for content is actually pathetic and foreshadows nothing good for the game. 
  • nastilonnastilon Member UncommonPosts: 150
    I really tried to like dauntless but run speed was way too slow for my tastes and there is no class with a shield.
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    It was somewhat fun for a week before it got frustrating due to its balance revolving around the best players instead of just a Joe Average like myself.

I guess devs like it when players wipe - so I've wiped the game.
    JeffSpicoli

Thank you for your time!

• ExplosiveBoltsExplosiveBolts Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Dauntless has all the depth of a bucket of water, it's dead as soon as MHW comes out on PC.
    Kajidourden
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

Dauntless has all the depth of a bucket of water, it's dead as soon as MHW comes out on PC.

This. Gave it a shot and it's just a very shallow experience. MHW will be the death of this game.
  • X-ranfeX-ranfe Member UncommonPosts: 77
    I was thinking of trying it but all your comments made me reconsider my decision.
  • RasiemRasiem Member UncommonPosts: 318
    DOA Moving on
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    They forgot to add the fun.

Joined - July 2004

• Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543

X-ranfe said:

I was thinking of trying it but all your comments made me reconsider my decision.

Oh, do try it. That way, when Monster Hunter World comes out, you'll be blown away by how much better it is.
    tomahawk1930
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    edited July 2018

DMKano said:

The super slow TTK is something I can't stand so I just really found the game unenjoyable. 

I focus on breakable parts, more than the monster itself to avoid the feeling of long TTK. Works for me.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Unfortunately, I'm only going to pick the game up again once they add true ranged weapons.
    Albatroes said:
    Unfortunately, I'm only going to pick the game up again once they add true ranged weapons.
    This update is adding a ranged weapon.
  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

DMKano said:

The super slow TTK is something I can't stand so I just really found the game unenjoyable. 

How slow is too slow for you?
  • DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432
    I like how Dauntless is acting like it's a fully launched game by releasing "content expansions".

I mean, it is free compared to MH:W.. and not run by some incompetent japanese company who doesn't know how to develop PC games, but still, the technical side of Dauntless isn't that great either.

If I had to choose between Free and $60, well, I'd never pick the $60 option.

Sure hope the Dauntless devs can really pick up speed with their development. Game feels almost no different from when I tried it in alpha ~8 months ago.
  • AlexanderVendiAlexanderVendi Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Tried it a few months ago , terrible performance.. tried it a few days ago , terrible performance and no , it's not my pc.
  • berlightberlight Member UncommonPosts: 345
    My guild played this game, now, they will not go to MHW.

Beta tester maniac