Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ready for Beta One? If So, July 31st is Your Huckleberry! - Camelot Unchained - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageReady for Beta One? If So, July 31st is Your Huckleberry! - Camelot Unchained - MMORPG.com

Camelot Unchained News - The Camelot Unchained team has announced that the new date for Beta One is now set for July 31st. Of course, that comes with the caveat that all of the internal and weekend testing goes without a hitch, but it's good news to see that the delay from the original July 4th date has been relatively short.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Am I hallucinating or is this man's hands down his pants?
    MadFrenchieNeonSaru[Deleted User]Iselintweedledumb99marganculosXarko[Deleted User]MrMelGibson

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768

Amathe said:

Am I hallucinating or is this man's hands down his pants?

you are not entire right, his hand was covered by his left leg, but in um genital areas?
  • bennylongbennylong Member UncommonPosts: 100
    His hands are down his pants. Peter Griffith with asa Akira style casting crouch...whoever she is
    NeonSaru
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    One track minds, the lot o'ya. FFS.

How about "on topic"? While you see if you can do that, I'll go change the picture.

JamesGoblinLokerotweedledumb99Krynt0k[Deleted User]XarkoMrMelGibson

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    So, as Mark said in the video, the caveat is that at least 500 people has to log in tomorrow (28th) and do the final test of beta systems; If all goes well, beta starts on Tuesday!

Just in case, there should be another pre-beta testing window on Sunday. If you want to check the announcement video on twtch, Mark starts talking from 6:00 -
    SBFord[Deleted User]tweedledumb99Octagon7711
     W...aaagh?
  • ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    On vacation, wish I could be there.
  • OnecrazyguyOnecrazyguy Member UncommonPosts: 99
    What tier do you need to check out the play test this weekend? Tuesday?
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992
    Hang on, on topic err nice shields? :)
    [Deleted User]JamesGoblin
  • JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    What tier do you need to check out the play test this weekend? Tuesday?
    $60 package should suffice for both tomorrow and Tuesday (and beyond, of course).

I am not sure whether $35 one will be OK for Tuesday, their FAQ connects that package to access to some tests during the first phase of beta!?
     W...aaagh?
  • HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 915
    Wth is with the hype for a ugly looking game like this ?  is it 2005 or 2018 we live in ?
    AlomarJamesGoblintweedledumb99

• tweedledumb99tweedledumb99 Member UncommonPosts: 290
    edited July 2018

Wth is with the hype for a ugly looking game like this ?  is it 2005 or 2018 we live in ?

Yep, definitely a released game with final graphics and no further changes to the visuals that's going into BETA ONE.

Good work deducing that :P /s.
    JamesGoblinAlomarjimmywolfitchmonMrMelGibson
  • darren28darren28 Member UncommonPosts: 60

You play Poe and Lol and you can't handle the CU graphics?
    My free 7 day sub referral with other goodies http://www.swtor.com/r/vGSnnl
    Amazon has a much better deal for Sub price just search for this on Amazon
    Star Wars: The Old Republic Premium Pack

• slowz2secretslowz2secret Member RarePosts: 407
    It will be delayed again, i feel it lol
  • marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334

darren28 said:

don't take PoE graphic in your filthy mouth FFS!!Of course if you are playing on POTATO with LOWEST settings it does not looks good, but if you have everything maxed it BEST looking ARPG!!!
    [Deleted User]ZenJellyMrMelGibson
  • karnivorkarnivor Member UncommonPosts: 29

darren28 said:

don't take PoE graphic in your filthy mouth FFS!!Of course if you are playing on POTATO with LOWEST settings it does not looks good, but if you have everything maxed it BEST looking ARPG!!!

You think this game is an Action-RPG?
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Camelot unchained will never be good looking game and there won't be a miracle patch to fix how the game looks. The artistic style they use is far from enough to cover the low graphics budget they have to use so that 500+ players can fight for the same area without suffering from massive lag. 
    JamesGoblin
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    edited July 2018
    Shaigh said:
    Camelot unchained will never be good looking game and there won't be a miracle patch to fix how the game looks. The artistic style they use is far from enough to cover the low graphics budget they have to use so that 500+ players can fight for the same area without suffering from massive lag. 
    Their goal is 1000 players in a single battlefield.

The real limitation is player hardware.  They stated several years ago they were developing and testing on "medium" gaming rigs to ensure it would be playable by the "average" gamer.

A mistake IMO, they should be optimizing it on and for high end I9. 1070 or even 1080 rigs, with a 500+ GB SSD drive of course.

The game likely isn't fully launching until 2020, if the average gamer isnt at least at that spec by then they aren't really serious about playing good MMOs and should just stick to their PS4s.

Its time MMORPG devs went back to developing for the high end PC once again.

B)

ScotOctagon7711ZenJellyretiredmjitchmonPanserbjorne39YashaX

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• perrin82perrin82 Member UncommonPosts: 285

Kyleran said:

Shaigh said:

The real limitation is player hardware.  They stated several years ago they were developing and testing on "medium" gaming rigs to ensure it would be playable by the "average" gamer.

A mistake IMO, they should be optimizing it on and for high end I9. 1070 or even 1080 rigs, with a 500+ GB SSD drive of course.

The game likely isn't fully launching until 2020, if the average gamer isnt at least at that spec by then they aren't really serious about playing good MMOs and should just stick to their PS4s.

B)

I do agree with this comment strictly to help ensure it is future proofing as much as possible.
  • SephrusSephrus Member UncommonPosts: 76

Kyleran said:

Shaigh said:

B)

Just by using I9 and 1070 in the statement about high end gaming shows all true high end gamers that you have no idea what you are talking about. Current I9 processors are NOT optimized for gaming and a gtx 1070 is a mid level card, at best.

ZenJellyKyleranMrMelGibson
  • Pingu2012Pingu2012 Member UncommonPosts: 35
    In fact just by using the words "high end" you reveal your lack of gamer credentials, because any true gamer considers high end as standard...

:D
    KyleranYashaX
  • learis1learis1 Member UncommonPosts: 169
    The main point is that graphics should be handled on the user's pc and not on their server. So there's really no excuse to say they chose crap graphics to prevent lag. They should have awesome graphics as a high end option that can be lowered in settings depending on the user's pc capabilities. They probably just don't have the knowhow to make quality graphics.
    JamesGoblinjimmywolfmeddyck

Mend and Defend

• tweedledumb99tweedledumb99 Member UncommonPosts: 290

learis1 said:

The main point is that graphics should be handled on the user's pc and not on their server. So there's really no excuse to say they chose crap graphics to prevent lag. They should have awesome graphics as a high end option that can be lowered in settings depending on the user's pc capabilities. They probably just don't have the knowhow to make quality graphics.

They covered this in a stream the other day.

1) The user's PC graphics settings do somewhat determine FPS (assuming by lag you mean frame lag and not latency or input lag, for obvious reasons), though server-side stuff as well as client-side stuff (i.e. all stuff in control of the devs) also determine FPS. So it's a mix of PC, client, servers, not just user PC.

2) they're making a 64-bit version of the client so they can introduce a) higher end textures, b) expanded use of their physically-based rendering lighting system and c) other memory-based graphics options.

3) they're doing a "characters 2.0" refactor to up the visual quality of NPC's/players in game.

4) they're going to give users dials to up the graphics settings on the high end, but not to the level of Witcher 3 Ultra graphics.

5) If they give players the option to use super-high poly models for everything, it'll slow the game to a crawl in moderate-to-big battles on the user end unless they've got a supercomputer (maybe even still then) - so they likely won't give us the super-high end 8k resolution models/textures that they use in Maya or whatever.
    SBFordKyleranJamesGoblinNepheth
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    This is cool! I really wish there was no NDA though....I wanna see some gameplay even if it's rough!
    This is cool! I really wish there was no NDA though....I wanna see some gameplay even if it's rough!
    Probably some time before years end they'll drop the NDA.
    JamesGoblin

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Sephrus said:

Kyleran said:

Shaigh said:

B)

Just by using I9 and 1070 in the statement about high end gaming shows all true high end gamers that you have no idea what you are talking about. Current I9 processors are NOT optimized for gaming and a gtx 1070 is a mid level card, at best.

Someone is certainly displaying their ignorance, pretty sure its not me. Besides the fact I mentioned the 1080, heres a recent story about the best video cards in 2018, and oh snap, several 1070s on the list, go figure.

But my guess is they are shooting for a lower bar than both which is a mistake IMO.

https://www.pcmag.com/roundup/355217/the-best-graphics-cards

JamesGoblin[Deleted User]