Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you feel about the next sales "event" involving recruiting new pledges?

2»

Comments

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630

@Amathe

- I too do not enjoy super greasy fried chicken. And all this talk of fried chicken has me getting a bit of a craving. Any suggestions?

Your nearest Thai restaurant, preferably one that delivers. :) 
    NeutralEvilScotKyleran

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    Shouldn't eat KFC anyway they used to (and I'm assuming still do) inject the chicken with all sorts of stuff
    NeutralEvil
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988
    Too funny.  Even their Event/Sale gets delayed.  It was supposed to be launching this week, now they are shooting for next week.

Seriously, this is emblematic of their constant problems.  They need to over complicate everything.  Now all these dev resources are spent making complex systems for “spreading plague” and curing it...  website functionality, classes, skills, tiers.... all instead of making the actual damn game.  Why?

IMHO this is just another reason why backers haven’t even been in Vox Elyria yet (which itself it’s a stupid waste of resources). It’s bordering on obscene now.

craftseekerWellspringMendel

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    I suspect they need a new influx of funds to keep the lights on. In which case... an event to drive sales isn't a bad thing for them to focus on. I also don't think this game is ever going to be remotely on schedule.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    edited July 2018
    <snort><giggle> What? Oh that's a good one!
    yeah I don't see this being comparable in time investment to what the OP is asking.

Anyway, I don't think this is a terrible idea or use of time.
    Slapshot1188Kyleran
  • InteritusInteritus Member UncommonPosts: 236
    I actually think it's an interesting way to keep people involved and recruit new players.  It's the bone which people have been wanting for. It's not KoE of Vox Elyria but it's something. 

That said, I was disappointed to see that you could buy items from the store to aid you.  I wish everything didn't lead back to the store.
  • AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    Interitus said:
    I actually think it's an interesting way to keep people involved and recruit new players.  It's the bone which people have been wanting for. It's not KoE of Vox Elyria but it's something. 

That said, I was disappointed to see that you could buy items from the store to aid you.  I wish everything didn't lead back to the store.
    I agree but at least this time what you can buy doesn't seem stupid
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    yeah, well... as usual, the actual game is MIA. Let's see how this plays out in the long run.
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Galadourn said:
    yeah, well... as usual, the actual game is MIA. Let's see how this plays out in the long run.
    The cash shop is the game.
    Galadourn

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    I stopped buying early access after swtor came out. It isn't worth it. Everyone else should stop too. Maybe the game companies will stop being so bloody greedy. 
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988
    Moirae said:
    I stopped buying early access after swtor came out. It isn't worth it. Everyone else should stop too. Maybe the game companies will stop being so bloody greedy. 
    You should visit the "Sale/Event" at the link in the OP here and let me know what you think: https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/475293/new-sale-event-searing-plague-is-now-live#latest

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    I suspect they need a new influx of funds to keep the lights on. In which case... an event to drive sales isn't a bad thing for them to focus on. I also don't think this game is ever going to be remotely on schedule.
    At some point in time, the realization that the business has failed needs to set in.  Just because a group of people have an idea and try to implement it doesn't mean they will succeed.  Congratulations!  They tried.  But this project has failed.  There's no shame in that.  About 90 to 95 percent of all new restaurants fail.  Around 50% of all new businesses close within the first 5 years.  That they've kept the door open for as long as they have (without a tangible product) is an accomplishment.

Time to accept it and move onto something else.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.