Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard Will Fix the Leveling Pace...Once Devs Know Where the Issue Is - World of Warcraft - MMORPG

Comments

• PhaedruslivesPhaedruslives Member UncommonPosts: 122
    The leveling is always too fast. This is true of any mmo to come out of the west in the last 10 years or so. I recognize that not everyone wants to spend 200-300 hours questing to begin the endgame grind. But for me, personally? It's almost always too fast. Making every drop you get prior to cap level meaningless. In an ARPG that's not such a massive dilemna, but in a genre that's kind of molded after classic D&D adventuring it makes all of that lower level work feel inconsequential.
    [Deleted User]Scot
  • SwampDragonsSwampDragons Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Well i am lever 69 and i enjoy that the mobs are harder and that I can actually enjoy the dungeon runs. But I guess it’s that I have the perspective of playing it for the first time and most want to rush to endgame. 15% longer per level is nothing, I dident even notice
  • marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334
    Drewwho said:
    Drewwho said:
    Drewwho said:
    Drewwho said:

I am not going to stoop to your level by getting insulting and aggressive (because that speaks volumes about the kind of person you are and the type of mentality you have) but if you think you could level to 60 in 5-7 days in vanilla WoW you clearly never played it back then .

you must be some casual or never played wow if you don't know what "/played' means

records was around 4 days and 20 hours from Joana troll hunter (at least one of these which was recorded), peoples normally hit 60 in vanilla with /played around 5-8 days, unless you was some filthy casual or lore whore....

and again i don't see single mention in my post where i said i could get 60 in 5-7 days as you said

it's /PLAYED ingame time not real time DAYS... yea you could do it in week if you could sit at PC 24/7  lol :D

Time played on average to hit level 60 back then was on average between 15 and 21 days anyone who says differently is either not telling the truth or is remembering wrongly .

I am not sure which of those two describes you nor do I really care but you are obviously getting quite wound up . Perhaps you need to take a deep breath and relax :)

for example

15-21 days /played??? are we talking about same thing? if so, they you was playing on some server swarmed with filthy casuals

as i said ... 5-8 days /played was normal back then

you can google much more FULL leveling runs and they are nowhere close to 15-21 /PLAYED days LOL

but if you are ignorant to facts which takes 1minute to google, that's sad :)

even on so called "wow vanilla hardcore 1:1 clones" (you can find some at vanillaradar.com for example )it's swarming with peoples which hits 60 in +-7 /played days

I suggest you look at the date it was posted on youtube . This is not a video of Warcraft back in the 2005 period but it is a video of a classic private server circa 2013 .

Now there is things you need to take into account here , classic private servers sometimes have faster leveling enabled and also that someone playing on a classic private server has the benefit of hindsight meaning that they would know how to complete the quests in the fastest way possible which the majority of people playing in 2005-2007 did not have . Honestly given you think yourself an expert on these things how on Earth did you not know this ? The sad thing is you were unable to work this out for yourself .

Now also you might want to look at my wording of my previous comment where I use the word "average" when talking about the time it took to reach level 60 . There may have been a small minority of players that by the end of the vanilla period who had a knowledge of the game that was so good that they could have completed it in a faster period but they were certainly not representative of the majority .

Anyway I think I proven my point .  Best wishes to you and I hope you seek out the help you obviously need with your angry and aggressive attitude :)  These are only games after all and if you are going to get like that over them then there is something very wrong in your life .

"There may have been a small minority of players that by the end of the vanilla period who had a knowledge of the game that was so good that they could have completed it in a faster period but they were certainly not representative of the majority . "

like really... you never heard about addons for example auto accept/turn in addons? leveling guides?etc,etc...  they was there just few weeks after launch...
    autoaccept/turn in addon alone made you leveling ATLEAST 40% faster
    now if you add in some basic leveling guide with navigation system(yea i admit it this option with build in navigation was kinda "Deluxe" version but even basic one guide was everywhere) or at least printed map of each region with like this for example

so you knew where to go and which quest is next and didn't wandered around like headless chicken, this thing made your leveling speed up by another 60%

sooooo with just TWO things you already doubled leveling speed from your "majority +15 days"
    but of course back then there was much more QoL addons...

just these two things was so easy to set up and was free to get if you put few minutes effort to get them and install it, even 12 years kids was able to use it, i don't know anyone who was not at least little prepared who was serious about DO something ingame, as i said before and i will say it again "lore whore" player which read every line of quest at least 3x and guys "oh look nice flower,critter,corpse,etc.. playing with *printscreen key* 10 minutes" breaks your "average Joe 15 days playtime" statistic with their +2-3 months /played till max, and there was quite lot of player like this in vanilla....

TLDR: everyone with nearly zero effort(if you knew at least what addons are LOL) but was a little prepared was able to reach 60 in +-10 days
    with more than "zero" effort guys 5-8 days, no problem

we are still talking about "/played" btw...

so all these stuffs like "anyone under 15-21 days was fucking tryhard world first nolifers, impossible!!!" are invalid.

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited July 2018
    You spent almost half your vanilla game time in a conversation box with NPCs?  I call bullshit.

all these retards claiming it not close to vanilla wow exp rates..... you need turn on your brains and you will see we HAVE MAX 120 LEVEL NOT 60 ANYMORE

edit: so if you do simple math for "time to reach max" is now HIGHER than it was in vanilla WoW, very "alt friendly" indeed
    Uhhhh, not it's not.  It took over 200 hours for most people to level to 60 in Vanilla.  In patch 7.3.5 you were looking at about 80 hours to get to 110, give or take.

Who's the retard now?
    can't you read or what? i was talking what comes now... 120 level ... with BFA release you will get another +XX hours not mention incoming NERF to whole LEGION leveling they want double or triple HP of every monster, you can check newest blue post on blizz forum, thats another +XX hours...
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    I dont have patience to read all this and review the diagrams and what not, someone give me the TLDR version
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

You spent almost half your vanilla game time in a conversation box with NPCs?  I call bullshit.
    with addons you spend only FEW milliseconds at NPC when you start quest or grab your rewards, how fast can you do it by hands?
    edited July 2018
    all these retards claiming it not close to vanilla wow exp rates..... you need turn on your brains and you will see we HAVE MAX 120 LEVEL NOT 60 ANYMORE

edit: so if you do simple math for "time to reach max" is now HIGHER than it was in vanilla WoW, very "alt friendly" indeed
    Uhhhh, not it's not.  It took over 200 hours for most people to level to 60 in Vanilla.  In patch 7.3.5 you were looking at about 80 hours to get to 110, give or take.

Who's the retard now?
    can't you read or what? i was talking what comes now... 120 level ... with BFA release you will get another +XX hours not mention incoming NERF to whole LEGION leveling they want double or triple HP of every monster, you can check newest blue post on blizz forum, thats another +XX hours...
    Yes, I can read, and do math as well.  Last time I checked, 80 is less than 200.  Are you suggesting that it takes over 120 hours to level from 110 to 120?  Because that would be consistent with how accurate your statements have been so far.
    we can make a race to 120 later after BFA launch how long does it take after whole legion EXP nerf...
    edited July 2018
    with addons you spend only FEW milliseconds at NPC when you start quest or grab your rewards, how fast can you do it by hands?
    Definitely not enough to create a 40% faster leveling experience using such an add-on lol.

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    edited July 2018
    thunderC said:
    I dont have patience to read all this and review the diagrams and what not, someone give me the TLDR version
    Some guy calling those who disagree with him about leveling times retards is using examples of people who set out to level as quickly as possible as 'proof' that he's right about leveling times. He then calls people retards again. Because he's classy like that!

Edit: Oh, and he's probably never played vanilla WoW, because anyone who has knows he's full of shit. 
    JeffSpicoli

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

edited July 2018
    thunderC said:
    Some guy calling those who disagree with him about leveling times retards is using examples of people who set out to level as quickly as possible as 'proof' that he's right about leveling times. He then calls people retards again. Because he's classy like that!
    yea i called retards these guys which STILL want SAME EXP rate as in vanilla which means 1-60 SHOULD take +X days(where X is according these guys 15-21 days, i said it's 5-8 days ) and then..... here we go, you have only another 60 levels to reach MAX and enjoy BFA content, that's retarded and that's what i said ...

and these days are not real life days, but ACTUAL INGAME hours you should sit at PC and level so quick example if you would play 8 hours per day (which is a lot)

it should take 1-2 months to reach 60 level
    then you double it and you are at  120 level, here we go 2-4 months to reach 120 level... that's what these guys " we want vanilla rates" shouting
    thunderC said:
    yea i called retards these guys which STILL want SAME EXP rate as in vanilla which means 1-60 SHOULD take +X days(where X is according these guys 15-21 days, i said it's 5-8 days ) and then..... here we go, you have only another 60 levels to reach MAX and enjoy BFA content, that's retarded and that's what i said and i REALLY MEAN IT.

and these days are not real life days, but ACTUAL INGAME hours you should sit at PC and level so quick example if you would play 8 hours per day (which is a lot)

then you double it and you are at  120 level, here we go 2-4 months to reach 120 level... that's what these guys " we want vanilla rates" shouting
    I mentioned that my internet searches revealed the average was more likely between 12-17 days /played, yet I never submitted I feel 1-60 should occur at vanilla rates.  How bout you stop generalizing, specifically if you're going to do it merely to act like a child?

edited July 2018
    thunderC said:
    yea i called retards these guys which STILL want SAME EXP rate as in vanilla which means 1-60 SHOULD take +X days(where X is according these guys 15-21 days, i said it's 5-8 days ) and then..... here we go, you have only another 60 levels to reach MAX and enjoy BFA content, that's retarded and that's what i said and i REALLY MEAN IT.

I mentioned that my internet searches revealed the average was more likely between 12-17 days /played, yet I never submitted I feel 1-60 should occur at vanilla rates.  How bout you stop generalizing, specifically if you're going to do it merely to act like a child?
    well you are not only one i was talking to he wanted TLDR what is goin there, if i would break it by every nick it would not be TLDR anymore lol
    thunderC said:

well you are not only one i was talking to he wanted TLDR what is goin there, if i would break it by every nick it would not be TLDR anymore lol
    I really don't give a shit why you felt you needed to generalize, nor did I ask.

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498

Leveled a warrior from 1-62 and gave up due to sheer boredom. It didn't seem to take too much longer, but I've come to the conclusion that I will never level a fresh alt. Leveling was awful to begin with which they acknowledged, and solved by making it take longer.

I'll be honest. After having played all my classes in the last week, I have completely lost interest in the expansion. They're taking away way too much and giving us Azerite passives in return. The new BFA content might be good, but all the classes I've played feel like absolute crap and I'm not going to enjoy the content unless the classes are fun. 

I really hate all the ability pruning Ion has been doing since WoD. 

I leveled a priest from 1 to 12 and gave up due to boredom.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Wow, this thread is going places. I love how average time to reach cap is measured by speedruns and game ruining addons, an experience only 1% or less of the players chose to have.

1-60 vanilla took a LOT longer then 1-110 now does, the last when played casually (no speed run filth or addon pollution) takes about 130 hours when having no experience with the game and levelling crafting skills too. Thats 5 1/2 days played, no one did that in Vanilla, not even the speedrun idiots.

Lots of us have been along for the ride since day one, many pretty hardcore too, lets not generalise because of feelings, there are very few MMO or WoW noobs here...

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    MadFrenchie[Deleted User]Scot
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

edited July 2018
    lahnmir said:
    Wow, this thread is going places. I love how average time to reach cap is measured by speedruns and game ruining addons, an experience only 1% or less of the players chose to have.

1-60 vanilla took a LOT longer then 1-110 now does, the last when played casually (no speed run filth or addon pollution) takes about 130 hours when having no experience with the game and levelling crafting skills too. Thats 5 1/2 days played, no one did that in Vanilla, not even the speedrun idiots.

Lots of us have been along for the ride since day one, many pretty hardcore too, lets not generalise because of feelings, there are very few MMO or WoW noobs here...

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Generalizing into hardcore or casual based on time /played to reach max level isn't even logical, either.  You could play 6 hours a day and still have over 17 days /played when you ding 60.  That gamer would still be a hardcore gamer and not a "filthy casual."  That gamer just didn't spend his/her time exclusively leveling as fast as they possibly can.
    lahnmirKyleran

• NeckbeardlolNeckbeardlol Member CommonPosts: 1
    lahnmir said:
    Thats 5 1/2 days played, no one did that in Vanilla, not even the speedrun idiots.

K. https://www.joanasworld.com/speedruns/

Speedrunners have done it in 4 days 20 hours
    SBFordlahnmir
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Albatroes said:
    SBFord said:
    El-Hefe said:
    I guess this is referring to lower levels? I re subbed last week after about a 2 year hiatus. Took me all of 20 hours or so play time to go from 93 to 110. It almost felt too fast.
    If you read Watcher's post or even the summary here, the issue is the levels between 60-80. Up to 60, it was fine. I haven't been able to slog through to 80 yet to see through the other side. 60-75 has been VERY slow and with the bug that removed end-of-dungeon experience -- which has been traditionally about 20% of a level -- it is just too slow. This is the first of the Allied Races I'd wanted to raise, but while it's like this, there's not going to be another one. :dizzy:

Anthur said:
    15% longer to level up ? I wonder why anyone is even complaining. Do people write down the time they need to level up ? Kids nowadays, they would have never survived EQ hell levels. ;)
    That number came from Blizzard themselves after analyzing internal data. Add in the fact that Blizzard is asking for exactly this sort of data to help them track the issue, and you see that those numbers are, in fact, important.

Honestly, leveling 1 or 2 toons isn't a big deal, but it goes without saying that the curve has been much improved in the last 4-6 years so the glaring awfulness of some early-days leveling is painful. Without appropriate experience gains, it makes it exponentially worse post-8.0.

I don't think it's the change so much if it was an expected thing. It's the fact that it showed up out of the blue and is indeed a bug.

calibek said:
    Plain and simple if someone hates leveling in an RPG then maybe RPG's aren't for them. Also if you can't stand leveling up for the 20th time and constantly complain about it then why bother making alts.
    People aren't crabbing about leveling alts.  In fact, interest in leveling alts went WAY up with the introduction of Allied Races and the heritage armor that's earned by leveling from 20-110.

The issue is that the experience was slowed when level agnostic zones went into play in 7.3.5 and now XP gains have been hit even harder post 8.0. As Watcher indicates, this was unintentional and should rightfully be fixed. 

Lastly, WoW isn't an RPG and there have been tried-and-true ways to level alts since vanilla. Those systems changed drastically in 8.0 and need to be fixed as the devs have said. The issue was an unintentional bug that they can't find the reason for.
    Its really the simple case of giving "too much" and trying to take it away. If people remember WoD, the exp grind was nerfed to hell, so people leveled exponentially faster, which carried over into legion and then some methods got nerfed along the way (like the recruit-a-friend exp buff and such). Personally, I don't but the problem is a general one with blizzard, which is the lack of forethought. They aren't making decisions that work together with future content. Take the artifact system and why so many people are pissed with how things are now. Personally, we had all the utility stuff in the artifact system, which people dont seem to remember which were known as glyphs and even some WoD passives that we gained through leveling (which mysteriously disappeared, leaving us with only the lv100 talent row). So, we lost a system and eventually gained back what was taken away, with some minor additions for some classes. Now BFA is otw and we lose most of the stuff we gained (one might argue we've lost about the same as we did going into legion). The problem is, lets pretend we got EVERYTHING we lost back in BfA some how through the azerite system, we essentially getting back what we had for years with even less than we got in legion tbh. It honestly feels like Blizzard is just trying to keep the game alive at this point instead of actually building something. No one seems to care that the last "new" thing you get is at 100, so you got 20 level of getting nothing new, which from a new player perspective is boring.
    What are you talking about that no one seems to care about the last "new" thing you get is at 100? There's dozens of long topics on Blizzard forums precisely about people complaining about this

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    lahnmir said:
    Thats 5 1/2 days played, no one did that in Vanilla, not even the speedrun idiots.

K. https://www.joanasworld.com/speedruns/

Speedrunners have done it in 4 days 20 hours
    Very interesting, thanks for that. What also should be noted however is that the article also states that average time to level 1-60 was 30 days played for normal players. This guy really is an exception and I would be surprised if he represents more then 0.001% of the actual player population. Still, an amazing feat though.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• GanksinatraGanksinatra Member UncommonPosts: 455
    I don't know how to feel about this, honestly. At this point, there is so little I haven't done whilst leveling alts in WoW that I am overly hyped about "slower leveling", but I do like difficulty. I am super hyped for Pantheon, with the devs claiming it will take a normal person 6 months to level and gear for raids from launch. 

People seem to think that players want to level at least once a day, or hour, or 15 minutes......I want to feel like I earned it. BUT.....at this point in WoW.....I've earned it. If they were smart, they would adjust the amount of bonus xp on the heirloom gear. If you don't want to wear it, don't. It's not even that good as far as stats go anymore. People wear it ONLY for the xp buff. Want to level slower but not super slow? Wear 2 pieces. It seems like the smartest move, and it allows the player to tailor their speeds. Yes, it's annoying to leave a zone when you're mid story. But when the story is being told for the umpteenth time, you just wanna go....
  • zhurghzhurgh Member CommonPosts: 1
    I’ll tell you where the problem is. World of Draenor. It’s miserable if you don’t have flying. Make it PURCHASABLE. It’s dumb for returning players where WoD made them quit in the first place. FIX IT!
  • SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599
    Zamuro said:
    i like the leveling. im killing mobs in ~6 secs and im taking good enough dmg. i hate the old leveling where u can get to max lvl in 2 days... thats not how a mmorpg works
    The counter argument to that is, most of this game starts when you max level so whats the point in making it harder so far into the games release?

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• RenantonRenanton Member UncommonPosts: 26

Anthur said:

15% longer to level up ? I wonder why anyone is even complaining. Do people write down the time they need to level up ? Kids nowadays, they would have never survived EQ hell levels. ;)

10-4 on this :) EQ hell levels=shudders
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    SBFord said:
    mgilbrtsn said:
    people are such babies.  God forbid you can't level everything with a minimum of effort.  Keep it the way it is.  The babies can go play maple story or wizard 101 or something.
    Apparently you missed the thing where Blizzard said IT WAS A BUG! Bugs should be fixed. Geez. Happy Friday to you too. :D
    I think the point he was trying to make was, the complaining and wringing of hands made those doing so look rather silly.  The game is easy mode in at best, leveling used to be  A LOT harder.
    [Deleted User]