Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard Will Fix the Leveling Pace...Once Devs Know Where the Issue Is - World of Warcraft - MMORPG

Comments

• borghive49borghive49 Member RarePosts: 493
    edited July 2018
    The biggest problem WoW has is not so much the ability prune, but the fact that they have 36 unique specs in the game now. In the old days you actually played a class instead of a spec like it is today. So a lot of abilities were core to your class and talents just nudged you into different roles. So instead of paladins doing everything like they do now, they really only excelled at healing and their tank and damage talents were for niche content.

The game has a lot of homogenization because it is impossible to give 36 specs are unique abilites and roles without a lot of cross over, unless you mimic a MOBA like game is doing now and just stripped them down to barebone specs, which is pretty freaking boring for a MMO.
    SteelhelmTuor7Thahar
  • DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    The reason I don’t play WoW now is cause leveling is way too fast, also main reason I want to play wow classic cause leveling is much slower.
    SignexCoolitSteelhelmTuor7Thahar
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    @sbford WoW isn't an RPG? What, then, exactly puts the "RPG" in MMO*RPG*? Are you saying that WoW isn't an MMORPG?
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited July 2018
    calibek said:

natpick said:

what i don't understand is the excuse ion gives for the prune,hes says that the game cannot sustain too many talents/spells and there thinking of the game in years to come,now two things,the game is old so maybe not too many years left so why not just build the game for the hear and now and also many other mmos have way more talents than wow does so how can there sustain them?,is it the wow engine simply buckling under the stress.

It seems what he meant was more along the lines of "Less is More". I mean if they were to constantly add spells to each class every expansion then we would end up where every class would have every type of spell and multiples of the same spell. By that logic every class would have:

-Interrupt
    -Heal
    -Damage over Time
    -Direct Damage/Resource Builders (probably multiple of these)
    -Crown Control
    -Movement Speed
    -All Buffs
    -All Debuffs
    -Resource Spenders

At that point, other than visual looks, no class would be different then any other short of whether they were ranged or melee. Personally I would rather have a few meaningful button presses then have 5 spells that build up a resource, 5 that spend them, 3 interrupts, 3 heals, etc.

It also doesn't help that WoW has had multiple people at the helm with multiple visions over the years about how the game should be run. While I may not necessarily agree with the philosophy of pruning to create better gameplay for each class, I can kind of understand why they are doing it.
    Here's thing going back to my point earlier about forethought. If people looked at the stuff WoD added (at least until the level cap which is really the only thing people complain about WoD), they added 4 passives and 1 ability per spec. An expansion doesn't mean you need 5 new abilities, you can easily just alter existing ones as you level up which honestly makes the most sense to me. Do I really want my fireball from level 1 to do the exact same thing as it does at level 100? No. What if as I leveled up, fireball got a passive that added a dot (which does now). Then as I leveled up more what if that dot spread (which they added a talent later). I mean even some of those legendaries would've been better as passives we got in legion, like that helm for mage I think it was that would shoot down a comet if you fired off so many fireballs/frostbolts. They dont have to add a billion abilities, but there's no reason not to be able to modify existing ones. Instead, they are taking away existing systems and trying to put them inside of "new"/different ones to fool the existing playerbase into thinking they are getting something "new."
    Tuor7
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    Lelvel paste oit tooo slow...go back to vanilla and add 1.5x time on top!! ggwp

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    One of these days in a MMO I will find a thread where players are saying levelling is way too fast. Until then its all on the easy mode theme park slide to max level. :)
    [Deleted User]
  • KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430

natpick said:

what i don't understand is the excuse ion gives for the prune,hes says that the game cannot sustain too many talents/spells and there thinking of the game in years to come,now two things,the game is old so maybe not too many years left so why not just build the game for the hear and now and also many other mmos have way more talents than wow does so how can there sustain them?,is it the wow engine simply buckling under the stress.

My opinion is they are pruning down to get the game ready for consoles.
  • deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    Leveling is way too fast and too linear a.k.a boring.

For a moment i thought they were finally going to address this problem and revamp the entire game. Silly me. :blush:

Any news about Classic WoW?
    DeadSpockThahar
  • DrewwhoDrewwho Member CommonPosts: 17

all these retards claiming it not close to vanilla wow exp rates..... you need turn on your brains and you will see we HAVE MAX 120 LEVEL NOT 60 ANYMORE

edit: so if you do simple math for "time to reach max" is now HIGHER than it was in vanilla WoW, very "alt friendly" indeed

You can get to level 110 a lot faster these days than it took to get to 60 in the days of classic WoW . Maybe you try a private vanilla server and see for yourself so you know what you are talking about .

And calling people the R-word doesn't advance any point you are trying to put across .
    [Deleted User]
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    One thing iv never had a problem with when it comes to WOW is leveling. From the grind of Vanilla all the way through Legion the questing and leveling has always been my favorite part of the MMO. Unlike other MMO's like FFARR  where it feels like chore to hit max lvl WOW has always left me wanting more once i hit cap. 
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

I think the solution is to have hard and normal mode servers . Some people might want the more streamlined version of the game and others might want a slower more challenging leveling experience .

Then everyone wins especially Blizzard who might even see an increase in subscriptions because in the 9 years I have been playing other games as well as WoW I have known a lot of people who gave up the game because it became too easy for them to want to continue playing .

I personally think with the scaled leveling system they have now and the inclusion of war mode they are on the right path for the first time many years . I think it would be a big mistake to start listening to what might be a vocal minority and assume they represent the player base as a whole .

Lets face it if people are happy they don't go into forums to complain and we are not seeing millions of WoW subscribers going into forums to complain about slightly slower leveling .
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    people are such babies.  God forbid you can't level everything with a minimum of effort.  Keep it the way it is.  The babies can go play maple story or wizard 101 or something.
    SBFordJeffSpicoliSteelhelmOzmodanThahar

I self identify as a monkey.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    mgilbrtsn said:
    people are such babies.  God forbid you can't level everything with a minimum of effort.  Keep it the way it is.  The babies can go play maple story or wizard 101 or something.
    Apparently you missed the thing where Blizzard said IT WAS A BUG! Bugs should be fixed. Geez. Happy Friday to you too. :D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Lightningstalk3rLightningstalk3r Member UncommonPosts: 13
    edited July 2018
    theres no blizzard game or triple a title ever coming out again lol

do you think they will release a wow 2? or a diablo 4
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    SBFord said:
    mgilbrtsn said:
    Apparently you missed the thing where Blizzard said IT WAS A BUG! Bugs should be fixed. Geez. Happy Friday to you too. :D
    I wasn't referencing the actual bug, more a general reply to people who think that leveling should be a fast thing.  Sorry if I came across harsh.

I self identify as a monkey.

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395

calibek said:

Plain and simple if someone hates leveling in an RPG then maybe RPG's aren't for them. Also if you can't stand leveling up for the 20th time and constantly complain about it then why bother making alts.

This makes zero sense. RPG's were never about grinding out levels. Dear god, some of you are warped.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    mgilbrtsn said:
    I agree with you but with that said i haven't played the BFA beta so..... If Blizzard has enough and varied content & quests than yes i agree but at the same time i think the days of grinding 1000 boars is no longer desired by anyone.
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

edited July 2018
    Drewwho said:

all these retards claiming it not close to vanilla wow exp rates..... you need turn on your brains and you will see we HAVE MAX 120 LEVEL NOT 60 ANYMORE

edit: so if you do simple math for "time to reach max" is now HIGHER than it was in vanilla WoW, very "alt friendly" indeed

You can get to level 110 a lot faster these days than it took to get to 60 in the days of classic WoW . Maybe you try a private vanilla server and see for yourself so you know what you are talking about .

And calling people the R-word doesn't advance any point you are trying to put across .

lol another "i know everything" noob, you think you are only one who played back than or what?
    it took me around 5~7 days /played to level up my hunter and warlock back then, 58-60 was pure grind why? because there was almost no content you had to grind that shit out or run around whole world to grab some quests....

but that was like +-12 years ago

MMO genre evolved a little you know since then...

now it's all about PVP/endgame pve, can you do raiding when not maxed? no. can you do M+ dungeons when you are low level? No.

Also back then blizz wasn't doing drastic balance changes every fking week like now they are simply forcing you "reroll or you will be benched" that's why many peoples trying to have multiple alts ready for their "let's fuck this class up" mood.In vanilla you was fine with 1 or MAX 2 different classes all time... now for example 55-70 level is around 20 hours /played  this reminds me that painful leveling back then .... makes me vomit

If your only valid argument is "ooh but.... but we miss lore, we leveling too fast" you could make multiple alts and with each finish different part of "lore" like you would expect something new from +10 years old content anyway... and don't blame new player that they will miss nice lore, they are not retarded, if they want to see that lore they can do it even if they are overleveled...

And don't get me started on "but it breaks immersion when you one hit everything or some blah,blah RP bullshit"
    that's not how it works in WoW because Blizz trying to never happens in "current expansion" content

I am not going to stoop to your level by getting insulting and aggressive (because that speaks volumes about the kind of person you are and the type of mentality you have) but if you think you could level to 60 in 5-7 days in vanilla WoW you clearly never played it back then .

marganculosJeleena
  • marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334
    edited July 2018
    Drewwho said:
    Drewwho said:

lol another "i know everything" noob, you think you are only one who played back than or what?
    it took me around 5~7 days /played to level up my hunter and warlock back then, 58-60 was pure grind why? because there was almost no content you had to grind that shit out or run around whole world to grab some quests....

now it's all about PVP/endgame pve, can you do raiding when not maxed? no. can you do M+ dungeons when you are low level? No.

Also back then blizz wasn't doing drastic balance changes every fking week like now they are simply forcing you "reroll or you will be benched" that's why many peoples trying to have multiple alts ready for their "let's fuck this class up" mood.In vanilla you was fine with 1 or MAX 2 different classes all time... now for example 55-70 level is around 20 hours /played  this reminds me that painful leveling back then .... makes me vomit

If your only valid argument is "ooh but.... but we miss lore, we leveling too fast" you could make multiple alts and with each finish different part of "lore" like you would expect something new from +10 years old content anyway... and don't blame new player that they will miss nice lore, they are not retarded, if they want to see that lore they can do it even if they are overleveled...

And don't get me started on "but it breaks immersion when you one hit everything or some blah,blah RP bullshit"
    that's not how it works in WoW because Blizz trying to never happens in "current expansion" content

I am not going to stoop to your level by getting insulting and aggressive (because that speaks volumes about the kind of person you are and the type of mentality you have) but if you think you could level to 60 in 5-7 days in vanilla WoW you clearly never played it back then .

you must be some casual or never played wow if you don't know what "/played' means

records was around 4 days and 20 hours from Joana troll hunter (at least one of these which was recorded), peoples normally hit 60 in vanilla with /played around 5-8 days, unless you was some filthy casual or lore whore....

and again i don't see single mention in my post where i said i could get 60 in 5-7 days as you said

it's /PLAYED ingame time not real time DAYS... yea you could do it in week if you could sit at PC 24/7  lol :D

Drewwho said:
    Drewwho said:

you must be some casual or never played wow if you don't know what "/played' means

records was around 4 days and 20 hours from Joana troll hunter (at least one of these which was recorded), peoples normally hit 60 in vanilla with /played around 5-8 days, unless you was some filthy casual or lore whore....

and again i don't see single mention in my post where i said i could get 60 in 5-7 days as you said

it's /PLAYED ingame time not real time DAYS... yea you could do it in week if you could sit at PC 24/7  lol :D

Time played on average to hit level 60 back then was on average between 15 and 21 days anyone who says differently is either not telling the truth or is remembering wrongly .

I am not sure which of those two describes you nor do I really care but you are obviously getting quite wound up . Perhaps you need to take a deep breath and relax :)

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    SBFord said:
    mgilbrtsn said:
    Hmmm is it a bug though? That seems mighty convenient, but OK if it was a bug then there is good reason for the changes.
    Octagon7711
  • marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334
    Drewwho said:
    Drewwho said:
    Drewwho said:

Time played on average to hit level 60 back then was on average between 15 and 21 days anyone who says differently is either not telling the truth or is remembering wrongly .

I am not sure which of those two describes you nor do I really care but you are obviously getting quite wound up . Perhaps you need to take a deep breath and relax :)

for example

15-21 days /played??? are we talking about same thing? if so, they you was playing on some server swarmed with filthy casuals

as i said ... 5-8 days /played was normal back then

you can google much more FULL leveling runs and they are nowhere close to 15-21 /PLAYED days LOL

but if you are ignorant to facts which takes 1minute to google, that's sad :)

even on so called "wow vanilla hardcore 1:1 clones" (you can find some at vanillaradar.com for example )it's swarming with peoples which hits 60 in +-7 /played days

edited July 2018
    Drewwho said:
    Drewwho said:
    Drewwho said:

for example

15-21 days /played??? are we talking about same thing? if so, they you was playing on some server swarmed with filthy casuals

as i said ... 5-8 days /played was normal back then

you can google much more FULL leveling runs and they are nowhere close to 15-21 /PLAYED days LOL

but if you are ignorant to facts which takes 1minute to google, that's sad :)

even on so called "wow vanilla hardcore 1:1 clones" (you can find some at vanillaradar.com for example )it's swarming with peoples which hits 60 in +-7 /played days

I suggest you look at the date it was posted on youtube . This is not a video of Warcraft back in the 2005 period but it is a video of a classic private server circa 2013 .

Now there is things you need to take into account here , classic private servers sometimes have faster leveling enabled and also that someone playing on a classic private server has the benefit of hindsight meaning that they would know how to complete the quests in the fastest way possible which the majority of people playing in 2005-2007 did not have . Honestly given you think yourself an expert on these things how on Earth did you not know this ? The sad thing is you were unable to work this out for yourself .

Now also you might want to look at my wording of my previous comment where I use the word "average" when talking about the time it took to reach level 60 . There may have been a small minority of players that by the end of the vanilla period who had a knowledge of the game that was so good that they could have completed it in a faster period but they were certainly not representative of the majority .

Anyway I think I proven my point .  Best wishes to you and I hope you seek out the help you obviously need with your angry and aggressive attitude :)  These are only games after all and if you are going to get like that over them then there is something very wrong in your life .

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Drewwho said:
    Drewwho said:

From my Google searches, your average is completely off.  Most report from 12-17 days /played to hit 60 in vanilla WoW.

You literally tried to use world record time to describe the majority experience.  That's a poor extrapolation.
    [Deleted User]

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    14yo mmorpg with snail pace leveling what could be wrong?