Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen's Biggest Yearly Annual Convention will take place in Austin and hold 2400 people

2»

Comments

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 3,965

We’re building on your favorite elements from last year’s event and expanding the scope even further, taking advantage of everything our beautiful venue has to offer to give you the ultimate live Star Citizen experience.

We can't wait to see you there in Austin, back where it all began in 2013.

Standard Ticket:

Citizencon 2948

Standard Access Ticket for CitizenCon 2948. Includes access to all activities and demonstrations for the duration of the event. Limited to 1 per account.

CitizenCon 2948 tickets CANNOT be purchased with store credit.
    This event is 21+ only and proof of age may be requested.

• ScotchUpScotchUp Member UncommonPosts: 228
    You have to admit Roberts is a funny guy. Always struck me funny when Roberts named it CitizenCon.  LOL
    “The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”
    George Carlin
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,610
    ScotchUp said:
    You have to admit Roberts is a funny guy. Always struck me funny when Roberts named it CitizenCon.  LOL
    It's standard through all of them, others like Gamescom that decided to be edgy bout it.
    edited July 2018
    ScotchUp said:
    Gaming CONventions must be a new concept for you lol

Much like crowdfunding I guess  :D
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Babuinix said:
    ScotchUp said:
    Gaming CONventions must be a new concept for you lol

Much like crowdfunding I guess  :D
    Much like humor must be new to you
    ScotchUp
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,266
    In other words, more big money for SC. I give them credit though, they have built up a Star Trek/Star Wars type mania and haven't even had to release the game to do it.
    ScotchUp
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    In other words, more big money for SC. I give them credit though, they have built up a Star Trek/Star Wars type mania and haven't even had to release the game to do it.
    More like Scientology. 
    ScotchUpBabuinix
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 18,716
    edited July 2018

"Cosplay is appreciated; however, local laws and venue restrictions prohibit prop weapons (the Long Center is effectively an Armistice Zone) so please leave those at home."

Ok so I am thinking the US now has declared armistice zones, what the hell is going on. But after I google this I think I can safely say this is a one of? You don't have armistice zones popping up all over the country?
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 30,637
    Scot said:

"Cosplay is appreciated; however, local laws and venue restrictions prohibit prop weapons (the Long Center is effectively an Armistice Zone) so please leave those at home."

Ok so I am thinking the US now has declared armistice zones, what the hell is going on. But after I google this I think I can safely say this is a one of? You don't have armistice zones popping up all over the country?
    I've never heard of this. I know in Boston, for PAX, people can bring fake weapons into the convention center.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    CIG has been releasing early development builds to it's backers since 2013.

So they have actualy been releasing the game! Bit by bit with every one of their updates and their backers are fine with it as the continuous financial support shows.

As much as it hurts the haters, naysayers and "are we there yet" crew lol

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,996
    edited July 2018
    Sovrath said:
    Scot said:

I've never heard of this. I know in Boston, for PAX, people can bring fake weapons into the convention center.

I've never heard if that either.  Is there a link?  I've looked at other conventions requirements regarding props.  It gets complicated with inspections and all, perhaps they decided to skip all of that by not allowing any at all.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

edited July 2018
    It's a gathering of thousands of people + prop weapons + US messed up mass shootings reality = Risky stuff. 

Things like Comic-Con are facing bans on weapon props on several parts of the US, in London Comic-Con they were also banned.

Reads:
    https://www.cnet.com/news/comic-con-fake-guns-weapons-props/
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/fake-guns-are-confiscated-londons-mcm-comic-con-n451386
    MaxBacon said:
    It's a gathering of thousands of people + prop weapons + US messed up mass shootings reality = Risky stuff. 

Things like Comic-Con are facing bans on weapon props on several parts of the US, in London Comic-Con they were also banned.
    Well that's London, they will ban us for sneezing too loud. :)
    Sovrath said:
    Scot said:

I've never heard if that either.  Is there a link?  I've looked at other conventions requirements regarding props.  It gets complicated with inspections and all, perhaps they decided to skip all of that by not allowing any at all.

No link, just what I read in OP's post, maybe the idea of the term "armistice zone" was conjured up by a no prop gun ban?
    Scot said:
    Sovrath said:
    Scot said:

No link, just what I read in OP's post, maybe the idea of the term "armistice zone" was conjured up by a no prop gun ban?
    It's just a random term that is used on the game itself to describe a "no-weapons" zone, fancier way to cope with cosplayers unable to bring prop weapons inside the venue.
    Scot