Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In-Game Calendar Shows Uldir, the First BfA Raid, Will Open Starting September 4th - World of Warcra

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageIn-Game Calendar Shows Uldir, the First BfA Raid, Will Open Starting September 4th - World of Warcraft - MMORPG.com

World of Warcraft News - The World of Warcraft in-game calendar has been updated with information about the release of the first Battle for Azeroth raid, Uldir. The calendar shows that the raid will open for Normal and Heroic versions on September 4th (NA - September 5th EU) and that the Mythic and LFR (wing 1 only) versions will open on September 11th. LFR Wing 2 is scheduled for September 25th and LFR Wing 3 will open on October 9th.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Welp, my hopes for LFR being removed are shattered like they are at the start of every expansion.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Iv have alot of negative things to say about WOW but LFR is not one of them. I'v changed over the years i dont have the same time to invest that i use to, LFR suits my play style now. I might bitch about WOW but i can't wait to start banging out some new raids and dungeons.
    SBFordKrynt0kGinazCelciuscheyane
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    edited July 2018

Albatroes said:

Welp, my hopes for LFR being removed are shattered like they are at the start of every expansion.

How does it affect you? For example I haven't done any Antorus LFR apart from the first 2 bosses for the mount and even then I only do it if I'm doing something on my PC and I don't mind being afk while waiting for the queue to pop up.
    I really don't see how that would have any effect on your WoW experience. People don't get Ahead of the Curve from LFR, so I genuinely can't see what the issue might be.

Also as @thunderC said a lot of people don't have the time anymore. For example I have quite a bit of free time to play WoW, BUT I'm usually busy at the evening or don't feel like raiding and prefer to relax in the evening, so I'm a filthy casual atm. While I can still jump in a raid with my guild whenever I want since my guldies are cool guys not everyone is lucky enough to be in such a guild, so LFR is their go-to for some raiding "fun" if you can call LFR "fun" :P
    JeffSpicoli
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    edited July 2018

Albatroes said:

If you don't like it, don't run it. Instead, you continually wish for others with less time on their hands to lose content?
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited July 2018
    There's nothing wrong with the matching, the problem with LFR is the difficulty. Its not like Normal is honestly that much different, which is why I dont see the need for LFR difficulty to be even easier than that. You can keep the auto-matching, cause even I agree that its convenient, but the difficulty downgrade doesn't help anyone overall. For some reason, people seem to think auto-matching = easy mode when it doesn't have to be. I even think mythic dungeons should be in the dungeon finder since the only difference between heroic and mythic (not mythic plus) is that you can't be completely asleep when fighting a boss like you can in heroic. Now you all still disagree that lfr difficulty shouldn't be scaled up so that half the raid can't be afk when the boss is pulled in order to kill it or having to do more than cast 1 spell, then that's saying something.
    GhavriggXingbairong
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    edited July 2018
    Albatroes said:
    There's nothing wrong with the matching, the problem with LFR is the difficulty. Its not like Normal is honestly that much different, which is why I dont see the need for LFR difficulty to be even easier than that. You can keep the auto-matching, cause even I agree that its convenient, but the difficulty downgrade doesn't help anyone overall. For some reason, people seem to think auto-matching = easy mode when it doesn't have to be. I even think mythic dungeons should be in the dungeon finder since the only difference between heroic and mythic (not mythic plus) is that you can't be completely asleep when fighting a boss like you can in heroic. Now you all still disagree that lfr difficulty shouldn't be scaled up so that half the raid can't be afk when the boss is pulled in order to kill it or having to do more than cast 1 spell, then that's saying something.
    Ah, gotcha. I'm on board with ya now. I wouldn't mind the matchmaking be for Normal, either, actually. If that were the case that I could still queue up for Normal and the LFR was removed, I'd be all for that. Players are still incredibly bad and wipes happen constantly on LFR, though, so I can't see them going back on it. Though I wonder if people would actually try harder if it weren't generally content meant to be steamrolled, or if it'd just lead to people complaining until everything gets nerfed into the ground regardless so the whole point is lost.

Ah well, I'd say LFR is here to stay, though. Too many people out there who can't or don't wanna put in the time and effort but wanna see how the story plays out. Seems likely it's the majority.
  • pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    Ghavrigg said:
    Albatroes said:
    Ah, gotcha. I'm on board with ya now. I wouldn't mind the matchmaking be for Normal, either, actually. If that were the case that I could still queue up for Normal and the LFR was removed, I'd be all for that. Players are still incredibly bad and wipes happen constantly on LFR, though, so I can't see them going back on it. Though I wonder if people would actually try harder if it weren't generally content meant to be steamrolled, or if it'd just lead to people complaining until everything gets nerfed into the ground regardless so the whole point is lost.

Ah well, I'd say LFR is here to stay, though. Too many people out there who can't or don't wanna put in the time and effort but wanna see how the story plays out. Seems likely it's the majority.
    As an outsider who has never done raiding in WoW i always got the impression that what you said "for the story" was the whole point of LFR? yet so many seem to have this it doesn't belong in the game stance,i mean as long as there is harder difficulties with better rewards who cares right?

which i never understood cause blizzard is all about their casual as many people as possible mainstream games with lots of polish.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Ghavrigg said:

Albatroes said:

If you don't like it, don't run it. Instead, you continually wish for others with less time on their hands to lose content?
    The same type of person who also complains about flying, and someone being able to play more than they can or having a better PC than they do.

They also can't handle someone liking something they don't, as that very notion threatens their very existence
    pantaroCelcius

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,865
    edited July 2018

Albatroes said:

I would not mind them ditching LFR to make Normal the new qued raid if, and only if, they keep Perseverance. Or maybe it is called Determination, I don't remember. Either way, the stacking buff that makes you eventually auto-win should stay. That is a pretty key part of LFR.
    pantaro
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    Looking for raid isnt what has kept me away since cataclysm. The reworking of talents and skills/spells/specializations has, along with spamming dungeons being far and away the fastest way to level.
    JeffSpicoli

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    itchmon said:
    Looking for raid isnt what has kept me away since cataclysm. The reworking of talents and skills/spells/specializations has, along with spamming dungeons being far and away the fastest way to level.
    Agreed hate what they have done to the talents and skills, I use to love when my warlock actually had responsibility raiding in dungeons that went beyond spamming incinerate. 
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• ForeverdreamForeverdream Member UncommonPosts: 141
    LFR is a great tool! Imagine if it had been introduced around pre TBC for 40 mans?
    it would have made life so much easier, it was a different beast then though. The hardest raid was t3 or AQ it was the 40man struggle.

I agree it should be normal 10 man difficulty for LFR though!
  • GravendGravend Member UncommonPosts: 58
    With scaling dungeons are actually harder than they were in vanilla if you dont have an heirloom group. Skills and talents are also much better now. Back in the day it was an illusion of choice with 51 talents, most being completely useless. Skills also needed to be split up into the 3 specializations they're in now because some classes were way too powerful