Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Epic's Value Skyrockets Thanks to Fortnite (and other stuff...) - Fortnite - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageEpic's Value Skyrockets Thanks to Fortnite (and other stuff...) - Fortnite - MMORPG.com

Fortnite News - Bloomberg has analyzed Epic Games and has placed its corporate value between $5B and $8.5B. While the valuation is based on all of Epic's business holdings, including the licensing of the Unreal Engine, it is clear that "Fortnite mania fuels Epic growth to $8.5B" as the headline reads at Bloomberg. Fortnite alone is estimated to see over $2B in earnings this year, something that has propelled Epic to new heights.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334
    nice but i will NEVER EVER forgive them for what the done with Paragon ...
  • bobbymcswansonbobbymcswanson Member UncommonPosts: 204

Do you understand how business works? The game had low player base and was making shit money.....there is nothing to forgive they gave the game a shot and it didn't work out so they shut it down and then, if I'm not mistaken, made the assests free to anyone who would like to do something with them....

It's nice that you would go broke trying to provide a service to others, it really is....but Epic is a business with many employees to think about on other projects...it would be shitty to drag all of them down to prop up a failing game.....
    SBFordpostlarvalGinaz
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    edited July 2018

Do you understand how business works? The game had low player base and was making shit money.....there is nothing to forgive they gave the game a shot and it didn't work out so they shut it down and then, if I'm not mistaken, made the assests free to anyone who would like to do something with them....

It's nice that you would go broke trying to provide a service to others, it really is....but Epic is a business with many employees to think about on other projects...it would be shitty to drag all of them down to prop up a failing game.....

But now the big business is done, the lucre is rolling in and Paragon does not even get a second look? If you are right and its a failing game, how about them looking at making another game for those sort of fans?

I am not suggesting they go broke to please a minority of players, I am suggesting they don't drop loyal Paragon players just because they don't want a game that is the latest gaming phenomena.

You said they were working on other projects, fair enough what are they?
    marganculos
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Tencent must be deliriously happy ! :D
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

They also completely refunded all the money you spent, whether it was on founders packs or in game items like boosters and skins. The game just didn't garner enough player interest, even before Fortnight took off, to keep going.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

Ginaz said:

They also completely refunded all the money you spent, whether it was on founders packs or in game items like boosters and skins. The game just didn't garner enough player interest, even before Fortnight took off, to keep going.
    You can't fault them there, but are they going to be a one horse game stable or actually try to develop games that are more niche? Supposedly they have other projects but not heard of any.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    Scot said:

But now the big business is done, the lucre is rolling in and Paragon does not even get a second look? If you are right and its a failing game, how about them looking at making another game for those sort of fans?

I am not suggesting they go broke to please a minority of players, I am suggesting they don't drop loyal Paragon players just because they don't want a game that is the latest gaming phenomena.

How many chances does Paragon need? They gave it a second, third, fourth, and possibly even fifth look.

Paragon received a number of major overhauls that most games could only dream of, and never found more than lukewarm reception. Paragon lacked an identity and EPIC clearly had no idea what direction to take it in.
    Aeander said:
    Scot said:

How many chances does Paragon need? They gave it a second, third, fourth, and possibly even fifth look.

Paragon received a number of major overhauls that most games could only dream of, and never found more than lukewarm reception. Paragon lacked an identity and EPIC clearly had no idea what direction to take it in.
    OK Paragon seems a non-starter, lets move on. They are just going to be a one horse game stable then, "other projects" were mentioned but no sight so far?
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Scot said:
    Aeander said:
    Scot said:

OK Paragon seems a non-starter, lets move on. They are just going to be a one horse game stable then, "other projects" were mentioned but no sight so far?

Scot
    Chamber of Chains
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    edited July 2018
    Repost sorry
    Chamber of Chains
  • X-ranfeX-ranfe Member UncommonPosts: 77
    I wonder how Fortnite will evolve when battle royals aren't popular anymore.