Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looks like Intel has major temperature issues with I9's

2»

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    edited July 2018
    Quizzical said:
    Ridelynn said:
    I'm getting old and the KB/M gets painful to use after a few hours at a stretch.
    My solution to that is to play most PC games with a gamepad.  For some games, it means that I just can't play the game at all.  But many games work fine by using the gamepad software to map gamepad buttons to keyboards keys.
    Guess I am way too old, using a controller too play games is way to unnatural,  and I can't type anything.  

My son laughs when he sees me try his PS4, says I look as if I am holding a snake.

Ozmodanpostlarval

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Yeah, I agree with most of you the vendors created this problem not Intel.  But my AMD based laptop runs fine and does not throttle.  Eve runs great on it.
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    Vrika said:
    Part of Apple's issues were caused by a bug that caused excessive throttling. Apple has now released a bugfix, and the laptop works better:
       https://www.macrumors.com/2018/07/24/throttling-fix-2018-macbook-pro-improvements/
    I'm not holding my breath on anything significant. I expect -- the laptop will probably beat the 2017 model now in terms of overall speed, but under duration it won't beat it by much if at all, it will still throttle significantly under load.
    OzmodanQuizzical
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    Kyleran said:
    Quizzical said:
    Ridelynn said:
    I'm getting old and the KB/M gets painful to use after a few hours at a stretch.
    My solution to that is to play most PC games with a gamepad.  For some games, it means that I just can't play the game at all.  But many games work fine by using the gamepad software to map gamepad buttons to keyboards keys.
    Guess I am way too old, using a controller too play games is way to unnatural,  and I can't type anything.  

My son laughs when he sees me try his PS4, says I look as if I am holding a snake.

A lot depends on the game.  Some games are easy to do with a gamepad, and some are basically unplayable.  The main factors are how much precise, analog input the game intrinsically needs and how versatile the game control configuration is.

How did you play games when you were younger?  Or did you not play games when you were younger?  30-40 years ago, PC gaming was much more limited, and consoles with various sorts of controllers dominated.  What did you do back then?
  • Lightningstalk3rLightningstalk3r Member UncommonPosts: 13
    no all wrong no no no no