Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rend - Playing Around in the Three Faction Warfare Sandbox - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageRend - Playing Around in the Three Faction Warfare Sandbox - MMORPG.com

Rend is an interesting game any way you slice it. It’s not entirely an MMORPG, as it’s still limited to the smaller numbers of players like Conan Exiles, ARK, and so forth. And yet, the developers at Frostkeep so clearly want to make it very much like the classic three-faction game, Dark Age of Camelot - if DAOC had a baby with the survival genre. And that, it turns out, may just be creating some magic.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• HoopdyDooHoopdyDoo Member UncommonPosts: 22
    I'll definitely be trying this out.
    Viper482
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    My understanding is that the game will have PvE servers as well? How will that work with factions..... and will there be enough PvE content in a PvP focused game?

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    As an rvr mmo'er whose been playing survival games over the past few years to get away from the trend of themepark mmo's, this is perfect. I'd still prefer it was larger scale, but I'll take what I can get.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    What about gear, cosmetics, perks, level-able equipment? Ability to level up epic equipment in combat with different mobs and players was really fun in DAoC.

Thank you for your time!

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    My only thing with these games is the whole "online even when you're not" BS
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    This game seems like it has a pretty good character development system which makes me want to give it a try. Anyone know if this is a crafting focus game? I can't get into "survival" games where the game revolves around crafting. Can I sell loot to npc vendors? What is there to do outside of pvp? Just collect mats and craft and more craft?
  • Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    Speaking of Rend.. I got a Alpha key invite earlier. I won't be playing this so whoeever wants the key just message me for it.
  • M.D.33M.D.33 Member UncommonPosts: 47

HoopdyDoo said:

I'll definitely be trying this out.

Me too, very interested, day one buy for me!
    Anyone able to answer my crafting question?  Is this mainly a crafting game?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

I don't mind crafting in games.  I can't stand games focused on crafting.  To me there is a world of difference between the two.  But thank you for the information.
    meddyck