Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warbringers: Jaina Proudmoore - World of Warcraft Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited July 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageWarbringers: Jaina Proudmoore - World of Warcraft Videos - MMORPG.com

The first of a trio of cinematic shorts to introduce players to the next World of Warcraft expansion, Battle for Azeroth, has been released. The series is called Warbringers and the first episode showcases Jaina Proudmoore and her motivations for battle. It is, as always, a gorgeous piece of art with a potentially deep story.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Absolutely stunning. Well done.
    XarkoNephethBukkerz[Deleted User]gegecoucDiscipledOneSabrac

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    is this the same person that made the ones for WoD? they feel quite similar in style to me.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    is this the same person that made the ones for WoD? they feel quite similar in style to me.
    Yep, same one for WoD and Legion, I believe. :)
    JamesGoblinpantaro

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    edited July 2018
    SBFord said:
    Yep, same one for WoD and Legion, I believe. :)
    ah yeah forgot the legion one for some reason. i was just reminded of the gul'dan one :P

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• learis1learis1 Member UncommonPosts: 169
    So her dad was a sailor killed by the horde and now she wants revenge? Is that the gist of it?

Mend and Defend

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    That was a beautiful tune.
    SBFordXarkoJamesGoblin
    Chamber of Chains
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180

cheyane said:

Been a while since I heard it last.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Got the chills once. It’s no ESO cinematic though ;)
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    edited July 2018

learis1 said:

So her dad was a sailor killed by the horde and now she wants revenge? Is that the gist of it?

He was the lord admiral of the Kul Tiras fleet and defacto duler of said island kingdom. Unfortunatley he was in the end consumed by his hatred of the hord and led in to a trap and killed. As the story said this was the same horde that Jaina was trying to sign a peace treaty with, abandoning what he saw as both the family and national pride. Since then with all the betrayls back and forth and in many ways culminating with the bombing of theramore has lead Jaina to belive that she threw away her fathers life for a fools errand.

JamesGoblinKalebGraysoninfomatzWaan

This have been a good conversation

• JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    cheyane said:

Yep...reminds me of The Dragonborn Comes.

PS Is it just me or he looks like Lemmy!? Hmm...
     W...aaagh?
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    I wonder if they will continue with the theme and we get a new recording of the Lament of the Highborne for Sylvanas. Would be really cool. 
    SBFord

This have been a good conversation

• BukkerzBukkerz Member UncommonPosts: 177
    Utterly outstanding. Initially I was caught out by the Celtic sounding folk melody ..... but watched it a couple of times and loved it. Certainly presents Jaina with a little edge and touch of darkness.

I think the art styles for both the animated shorts and the cgi movies really demonstrate Blizzards strength in story telling. I just wish they would go the whole way and make an actual movie .... the Warlords Introduction is the best cgi film I have seen full stop. I do not think you can do better with real life actors and action with this genre. Dominic Cooper is great as 'Preacher' but as King Llane he looked diminutive and feeble in Warcraft the Beginning and I wrestled with this awkwardness all the way through the film. The Orcs however were fantastic in the movie ......but ...... I think that the Orcs and Guldan were even better in the Warlords intro film ....

I also do not think there is an actress alive that could have delivered a better 'Sylvanas' than in the cgi Battle for Azeroth Introduction.

Drink Hellscream ..... claim your Destiny .... yep ... give us another 90 minutes

• NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    Amazing short. I got chills watching it. For someone who don't know anything about the Warcraft lore, this may looks like that Jaina's father was a hero and an amazing guy whatever. Don't let this trailer trick you. He was an asshole. He didn't went there to save his daughter. He just didn't like horde gaining power and he wanted to stop them that's all. This is the Kul Tiran's version of the story. Just a little heads up. ^^
    SBFordinfomatz
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited July 2018
    2-3 /10
    Poor graphic/art work,almost no animation,weak color,music was really off,not impressed by the music used.
    What does get a passing grade is the sound effects.
    Overall, a low budget ,pretty weak video.I feel the use of the term "cinematic" is also weak,this would hardly be used in a motion picture or a cinema offering,what it did do is give me the feeling Arena.net made the video,looks more like their work only less colorful.
    In comparison,the early videos used to promote the Warcraft movie were quite good,like a LOT better than this work.
    KalebGraysonSBFordThomas2006learis1[Deleted User]gegecoucinfomatzKrigglesGobstopper3D

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    She has struck me as a bit of a sabre-rattler in Legion, but I'm not a Warcraft lore expert.  Looking forward to BfA, been trying to farm out my Hunter and Paladin and see how high I can get the iLevels headed into the next expansion.

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited July 2018
    I'm just gonna go out and say it...but Jaina is pretty racist. Same with some others of the Alliance (like Greymane). But jaina in particular...

When you hate something so much (like Jaina with the horde) you refuse and teleport (in jainas case) away instead of helping fight a threat that can destroy your entire world because you hate that the (in this case) the horde is involved (and she even stated she didnt want the horde to help)...sorry but thats class A racism right there.

Blizzard has made her to be the most racist character one could come up with. Refusing to help fight a threat that can destroy everything because some people (Horde) you don't like are involved.

Greymane is sorta harder to argue with. But, maybe not so much a racist but a creepy psycho dude. When you travel with an army to the "ends" of azeroth, willingly knowing that army has a good chance of death...when there is the threat of legion on top of that...just to kill one person...thats some creepy psychopathic sh! right there if not outright racism. He could have easily focused on the legion instead. Not go on some stupid side mission. But I guess the counter is sylvanas was gaining power through valkyrie. But even that can be argued both for/against. But he sure creepily harasses sylvanas any chance he gets. Maybe he actually loves her like some school child who bullies the other kid cause they have a crush on them.

(edit: Of course sylvanas did kill tons of worgen in war with the cataclysm story. So there is that. Still, if he is mad at losing the war...being a creepy stalker dude who always harrasses his victim across entire continents is not one of those ways to deal with an enemy lol)

But jaina is much more cut and dry. Can't defend her actions that blizzard has written for her character. Class A example of a racist when won't even fight the legion cause the horde is involved.
    meonthissiteKalebGraysonXarko

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• TheBlackWolfTheBlackWolf Member UncommonPosts: 48

I'm just gonna go out and say it...but Jaina is pretty racist. Same with some others of the Alliance (like Greymane). But jaina in particular...

When you hate something so much (like Jaina with the horde) you refuse and teleport (in jainas case) away instead of helping fight a threat that can destroy your entire world because you hate that the (in this case) the horde is involved (and she even stated she didnt want the horde to help)...sorry but thats class A racism right there.

Blizzard has made her to be the most racist character one could come up with. Refusing to help fight a threat that can destroy everything because some people (Horde) you don't like are involved.

Greymane is sorta harder to argue with. But, maybe not so much a racist but a creepy psycho dude. When you travel with an army to the "ends" of azeroth, willingly knowing that army has a good chance of death...when there is the threat of legion on top of that...just to kill one person...thats some creepy psychopathic sh! right there if not outright racism. He could have easily focused on the legion instead. Not go on some stupid side mission. But I guess the counter is sylvanas was gaining power through valkyrie. But even that can be argued both for/against. But he sure creepily harasses sylvanas any chance he gets. Maybe he actually loves her like some school child who bullies the other kid cause they have a crush on them.

(edit: Of course sylvanas did kill tons of worgen in war with the cataclysm story. So there is that. Still, if he is mad at losing the war...being a creepy stalker dude who always harrasses his victim across entire continents is not one of those ways to deal with an enemy lol)

But jaina is much more cut and dry. Can't defend her actions that blizzard has written for her character. Class A example of a racist when won't even fight the legion cause the horde is involved.

HIS victim you say? Sylvanas is a victim of Genn? Sylvanas murdered his only son in cold blood after starting a unprovoked war against his Kingdom, plague bombed his subjects, and you consider her to be HIS victim? The mental gymnastics some(read that again, some, not all, plenty of horde players are upset with the way Blizzard is treating their once proud and noble faction.) horde players can go through to trick themselves into thinking that Sylvanas isn't evil is truly outstanding. Genn pursued Sylvanas at the wrong time what with the legion invading, but he has EVERY right to want her dead considering what she did to him.
    KrigglesKalebGrayson
  • meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917
    Great music, awesome visuals....but..........She shoulda just left goblins alone when we were trying to leave our island during the cataclysm! The destruction of your town is on your head, lady! Goblin didn't do nothin to yeas but your kind kept shooting at our ships! Eye for an eye!
    JamesGoblin
  • meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917
    This pretty much sums it up! Her latest hatred though is for Goblins. Goblins didn't do anything to her or her kind, we were shot at by the Alliance ships with her kind! Hyoomanz, always tryin ta keep a good goblin down!

I'm just gonna go out and say it...but Jaina is pretty racist. Same with some others of the Alliance (like Greymane).

JamesGoblin
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927

Wizardry said:

2-3 /10

Poor graphic/art work,almost no animation,weak color,music was really off,not impressed by the music used.

What does get a passing grade is the sound effects.

Overall, a low budget ,pretty weak video.I feel the use of the term "cinematic" is also weak,this would hardly be used in a motion picture or a cinema offering,what it did do is give me the feeling Arena.net made the video,looks more like their work only less colorful.

In comparison,the early videos used to promote the Warcraft movie were quite good,like a LOT better than this work.

Sigh
  • NindrahaNindraha Member CommonPosts: 2
    Jaina Proudmoore isn't that Jaina proudmoore I love and remember her by she been change to meet blizzard desire to fite they even change lore. I would rather have her and thrall have Romeo and Julit kind story to love caught between hatred of people Aggro didn't make sense blizzard can't keep they lore change they ruin they own games
    JamesGoblin