Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Updated: Funding Goal Met, Pair of Live Streams Planned - Fractured - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageUpdated: Funding Goal Met, Pair of Live Streams Planned - Fractured - MMORPG.com

Fractured News - The Fractured KickStarter campaign has about two days to go and has met its funding its goal. Over the final hours of the fundraising campaign, Dynamight developers will be on hand with a pair of live stream events. One will take place on Monday, July 23rd at 1:00 pm Pacific / 4:00 pm Eastern, the other at the same time on Tuesday, July 24th. Topics will include races, planets, housing and building. Both events will be held in the Fractured YouTube channel.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited July 2018
    I don't usually blame MMO projects for lacking ambition, but having a stretch goal for "We failed Kickstarter campaign by less than 7 410 dollars"  is not ambitious enough.
    Scellow

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,981
    If Pokémon Go or Fortnite sneezes they lose a tiny amount of money like that, maybe the big cash cow games could have a wipe round and help the indies that are really trying to do something different out?
    KyleranSBFord[Deleted User]SteelhelmAlomar
  • WizbuizWizbuiz Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Looks like a bad version of legends of Aria But with slightly better graphics
  • NeedlehawkeNeedlehawke Member UncommonPosts: 12
    This was my first KS ever, because it's the first sandbox that is actually appealing to PVE players like me. I'm thrilled that it looks like they'll hit their goal.
    SBFordRofusEUSteelhelmbenseineMadFrenchie
  • DesignOTGDesignOTG Member UncommonPosts: 3

Vrika said:

I don't usually blame MMO projects for lacking ambition, but having a stretch goal for "We failed Kickstarter campaign by less than 7 410 dollars"  is not ambitious enough.

To clarify a bit, their funding goal is 100,000 Euro. Their first stretch goal is 110,000 Euro.

The $117,289 figure you see is their goal converted to US Dollars. Their first stretch goal is about $128,000, based on current currency conversion rates.

It's not all too important, but if you're concerned about a lack of ambition because a stretch goal is lower than their base funding goal, they're in the clear.
    SBFordRofusEUKyleranVrikaAlomar
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Wizbuiz said:
    Looks like a bad version of legends of Aria But with slightly better graphics
    Can't get worse than the bottom.
    SBFordKyleran
  • RofusEURofusEU Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Kickstaring has a bad reputation but I don't mind giving a little bit money to an indie studio that has a great vision.
    SBFordSteelhelm
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    RofusEU said:
    Kickstaring has a bad reputation but I don't mind giving a little bit money to an indie studio that has a great vision.
    As long as you keep it in the spirit of "giving" and don't get bitter later on if you are not "getting" something quite as expected.

;)
    ScotRueTheWhirlSovrathSteelhelmSabracbenseine

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,981
    Kyleran said:
    RofusEU said:
    As long as you keep it in the spirit of "giving" and don't get bitter later on if you are not "getting" something quite as expected.

;)
    Yes, the trouble with KS is people treat it like Xmas, if you give a pressie but don't get one back next year their are tantrums at the Christmas tree, if you still don't have one a few years later fans just burn the tree down. :)
    KyleranSovrath
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    DesignOTG said:

Vrika said:

To clarify a bit, their funding goal is 100,000 Euro. Their first stretch goal is 110,000 Euro.

The $117,289 figure you see is their goal converted to US Dollars. Their first stretch goal is about $128,000, based on current currency conversion rates.

It's not all too important, but if you're concerned about a lack of ambition because a stretch goal is lower than their base funding goal, they're in the clear.
    My mistake. I didn't notice they were using two different currencies on their webpage.

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472

Kyleran said:

RofusEU said:

;)

Pledging to KS shouldn't be seen as a donation. Companies should still be somewhat accountable to their tiers. Yes, problems occur, changes happen, schedules are not met, but there are some games that have taken it too far (Camelot Unchained). That game has made me never pledge to KS ever again for video games.
    KyleranAlomar
    wormed said:

Kyleran said:

RofusEU said:

;)

Pledging to KS shouldn't be seen as a donation. Companies should still be somewhat accountable to their tiers. Yes, problems occur, changes happen, schedules are not met, but there are some games that have taken it too far (Camelot Unchained). That game has made me never pledge to KS ever again for video games.
    While I share your frustration at CUs delays, it has to be pointed out they are still giving backers refunds if desired, which is much to their credit.

I did consider my KSer pledge a donation so I don't care how it all turns out, hopefully with a fun new game, but if not, no big deal.

I do agree though, it along with SC and some others have soured me on further KSer donations, especially for larger scale projects such as MMORPGs.

Alomar

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited July 2018
    I too believe that "Kickstarter MMORPG" developers should be held responsible to deliver what was promised, or offer full refunds legally they must re-pay if the game launches under the same or different names.

The problem with Kickstarter, and game backing especially in what they call Sandbox MMORPG's is lack of Terms OF Service for example "Fractured" Currently doesn't say you can't Cheat, or Real Money Trade, as well as any Restrictions on trading, so if a person backs the game for $1000 or whatever, and then they add these rules the person should be able to get their money back before official launch.

^ Usually this isn't a problem on most MMORPG games, but many games I see on Kick Starter do not have proper (TOS) or (EULA) and in rare cases some companies push too many restrictions on Sandbox games by imposing limits of what a person can give away, invest, or trade.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011
    Kyleran said:

I did consider my KSer pledge a donation so I don't care how it all turns out, hopefully with a fun new game, but if not, no big deal.

I do agree though, it along with SC and some others have soured me on further KSer donations, especially for larger scale projects such as MMORPGs.

That's the way I see it. No guarantees but "here's some money, hopefully you can make something good."

I suppose I'm in the minority as I don't think Kickstarters need to have guarantees as they were never about guarantees. But I've made it clear multiple times that I don't think people should be protected from themselves. Just be smart or educated yourself to be "smart" about your money.

Then again, I so far have a very good track record as all the kickstarters I've given to have released. The games I'm waiting for:

Bards Tale seems on track to be released

Camelot Unchained - late but seems to be making progress "we'll see"

System Shock - this is the only one up in the air because the developers became arrogant.

I've given to Pantheon but it's important to note that I didn't give to their kickstarter as the had nothing of worth to show.

It wasn't until the had something of significance that I gave them money. Of course, with the idea that nothing is guaranteed and if a project doesn't get released then c'est la vie.

Kyleran
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I find it off putting when the first thing I see on a kickstarter page is all this stuff I can have in game if I donate. I realize that is commonplace these days, and perhaps necessary to fundraising, but, as a prospective player, it still rather bugs me. As a gaming dinosaur, I still subscribe to the belief that players of a game should begin on equal footing and advance according to the merits of their own gameplay.
    Steelhelm[Deleted User]

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• RofusEURofusEU Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Allright, they actually just hit their funding goal!
    SBFordScotKyleran
  • frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    I threw my lot in with a founders early bird pack.

Only the second crowdfunding venture to draw me in so far, but I've been following long enough to have 7k Foundation points without having any of my referrals join, making any forum posts, or sharing anything on social media so it isn't exactly blind hope...
    And the Harbingers go wild!

;)

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Yay!  Should be interesting if nothing else.
  • MorbeousMorbeous Member UncommonPosts: 86
    These people were involved with Linkrealms and that game died not long after it was released.