Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fractured character building

benseinebenseine Member UncommonPosts: 293
Excited about this game and curious to find out what kind of character everyone will make, since this game has no classes and you are free to build what you want. So race, sub-race, attributes and schools. Here is what you need to know for that:

1. Check here wich race and sub-race - https://fracturedmmo.com/feature-spotlight-1-three-races-three-gameplays/
My pick will be Demons - Hellfire

2. Check here wich main attibutes to lvl up at character creation (can't be changed after character creation): https://fracturedmmo.com/feature-spotlight-5-character-creation-attributes-resting/
For my Hellfire demon I will get my STRENGTH and CONSTITUTION up as much as possible.

3. Here are the 14 combat schools you can pick from. Atm the +400 spells and abilities are not yet revealed: https://fracturedmmo.com/feature-spotlight-4-skills-galore/
I will switch between Warfare and Abjuration (so melee weapon and some protecting spells) and Martial Arts and Abjuration (so bare hands and protecting spells) to tank in different ways.

So I end up with:
Demon - Hellfire - STR/CON - Warfare/Martial Arts/Abjuration

What will you create?

Comments

• kellewickellewic Member UncommonPosts: 1
    I want to try a few.

One being a human martial artist/mage (STR, DEX, INT) - the human tech mentioned in https://fracturedmmo.com/feature-spotlight-1-three-races-three-gameplays/ could be interesting.

Second being a necromancer/conjurer (INT/CHA) - could be either Blood Demon or Erwydra.
    ladyrowan2
  • RofusEURofusEU Member UncommonPosts: 58
    I usually like to play a healer or support so maybe a beastman with focus on restoration, abjuration, divination and alteration :P
  • benseinebenseine Member UncommonPosts: 293
    @RofusEU will you take a deerkin for full magic, or a bearkin to be more tankier?
    @benseine at the moment I'm leaning towards the deer-kin but I wouldn't mind playing with a bear-kin either. I might end up playing a human or even a blood demon too but we he have plenty of time before we need to decide :smile:
    @RofusEU but the differrence between human, beastkin or demons is pretty big. It's choosing to play on a pve planet or ffa pvp planet.
    benseine said:
    @RofusEU but the differrence between human, beastkin or demons is pretty big. It's choosing to play on a pve planet or ffa pvp planet.
    Yeah, I know :grin: But I actually do like both PvE and PvP. Basically my main/first character will be where my friends want to go (if they end up playing) and I'll propably have another character just for fun.

Are you going to focus on 1 character only or do you have some extra plans on the side?
    @RofusEU I'll probably have 2-3 demon characters and probably a beastman alt to explore that planet and act as a spy too 
    RofusEU
  • Indigo3x3Indigo3x3 Member UncommonPosts: 11
    I will most likely be playing a Human, or Beastmen. I want to be mainly PvE, but I really like PvP also, so if I roll Beastmen, Later on I will be an Abomination (Evil-Beastmen) which seems like it will take some time to achieve.
  • NeedlehawkeNeedlehawke Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Since I'll be pretty much PVE only, I'll be doing a Beastman (deer-kin), emphasizing INT and CHA. I'm not sure which combat school yet, just that I'll be a magic user. If possible, I'll probably play around with several before choosing.
    Since I'll be pretty much PVE only, I'll be doing a Beastman (deer-kin), emphasizing INT and CHA. I'm not sure which combat school yet, just that I'll be a magic user. If possible, I'll probably play around with several before choosing.
    You don't have to pick one, you can choose 8 skills from 8 different schools if you want. You are completely free to build the character you want
    Yeah, I just meant I'll play around with them until I figure out which is the most fun for me.
    It would actually be pretty fun to start as a demon and try to become an angel. It sounds like an interesting challenge :relaxed:
    Asm0deus
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    No one will be building much of anything for a very long time. 

Best to not get too excited.
    Scot

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:

We do realize that but it's fun to plan ahead and discuss
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    edited July 2018
    I'll reserve this kind of thing for when it actually funds.

70 hours to go, 7kish shy.  
    RofusEU said:
    Kyleran said:

As the final outcome often varies significantly from the initial proposal its usually better to wait and see the systems once delivered to test.

But hey, go form a guild too, might as well get a head start. 

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    RofusEU said:
    Kyleran said:

As the final outcome often varies significantly from the initial proposal its usually better to wait and see the systems once delivered to test.

But hey, go form a guild too, might as well get a head start. 

I am very well aware that it can vary but that's just how projects work. You set a goal and aim for it but you might have to change and adapt on the way. If you don't want to take the risk then don't, IMO the gamble is part of the fun.

What's so bad in forming a guild already? If I enjoy doing something like that then I will do it. No harm done and I might find some new friends.
    So many mmorpgs with fixed classes, often the same ones. Here you can freely think up anything you want. Maybe re-create something from a single player rpg or a movie?

Maybe try out a fist fighting healer? Or a ranger that then resurrects their kill from a distance to fight for them? It is fun what all can think of...
    [Deleted User]
    Depends what you mean by "viable". There's no endgame, there's no leveling, the hardest dungeons in the game so far have to be done in your underwear. This isn't D3 where sets give you a billion more damage.
    edited July 2018
    Depends what you mean by "viable". There's no endgame, there's no leveling, the hardest dungeons in the game so far have to be done in your underwear. This isn't D3 where sets give you a billion more damage.
    So there is no point to the game? Why bother then?

Please, don't reply to have fun...meaningless phrase to me.

The point of the game is progression...it's horizontal progression, not vertical. That doesn't appeal to everyone, but I'd like to give it a try.
    edited July 2018
    Kyleran said:
    So there is no point to the game? Why bother then?

Please, don't reply to have fun...meaningless phrase to me.
    For PvP players it will be PvP without powergaps. So moba style pvp in a sandbox mmorpg.

For PvE players it will be to finally play a sandbox mmorpg without pvp (unless they travel to other planet)

And then there is siege warfare, politics, even democratie where you elect new players as town/settlement govenors. Cool enough for me. 
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    This is going to be ages away until it launches, do you even know what attributes they are going to use? Interesting range of races is about all I can say so far. :)
    @Scot yes you can see the attributes in the 2nd link in the OP
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    benseine said:
    @Scot yes you can see the attributes in the 2nd link in the OP
    Ok hand on heart, I skimmed. But you know that could change next week never mind when it launches. I would be interested to hear more about the races, where they live and their history, rpers can't get enough of that sort of background.