Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So much of this game looks so interesting but..

EQBallzzEQBallzz Member UncommonPosts: 229
the isometric view..bleh. Not sure I can handle that. I'm sure some like that view but I just never have liked it. It feels so disassociated from your character and limiting (especially for an MMO). Game still looks interesting though so maybe I'll try it anyway.
NildenUngood

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited July 2018
    It's a Battle Royale,how can it possibly look interesting?Grab a weapon pew pew each other,that's it,that is 99% what players will be doing.
    The entire scope of battle Royale games is a very generic one,you can change the skin but it is still a very generic/bland game.

Fortnite tried to add one new layer of design ideas,sure it is definitely different but imo looks silly and NOT what i want to play when comes to serious pvp action.

They can claim "sandbox" "open world" it is still players pvping each other with mostly boring pew pew weapons.
    NildenBlah64benseineTruvidien88alloin

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• EQBallzzEQBallzz Member UncommonPosts: 229
    Wizardry said:
    It's a Battle Royale,how can it possibly look interesting?Grab a weapon pew pew each other,that's it,that is 99% what players will be doing.
    The entire scope of battle Royale games is a very generic one,you can change the skin but it is still a very generic/bland game.

Fortnite tried to add one new layer of design ideas,sure it is definitely different but imo looks silly and NOT what i want to play when comes to serious pvp action.

They can claim "sandbox" "open world" it is still players pvping each other with mostly boring pew pew weapons.
    Wait wut? BR? Where did you get that it's a BR game? Admittedly, I have only just found it so don't know much about it but I didn't see anything about BR in the kickstarter video.
    turinmacleod
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    EQBallzz said:
    Wizardry said:

Wait wut? BR? Where did you get that it's a BR game? Admittedly, I have only just found it so don't know much about it but I didn't see anything about BR in the kickstarter video.
    It's not even close to a BR game. Wizardry must be having a flashback or something.
    MadFrenchiebenseineforcelima[Deleted User]XarkoTokken

• cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 331
    When I checked it out there was no mention of Battle Royale . Think maybe someone's got the wrong game here. AFAIK it's an arpg loot based affair.
    Thupli
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• benseinebenseine Member UncommonPosts: 293
    edited July 2018
    I'm pretty sure I didn't pledge €150 on kickstarter for an isometric sandbox BR rofl

No, what I put money down for was a mmoarpg, a mmorpg with moba style combat. Horizontal character progression.

I know I can enjoy the isometric view. Had it in Albion and enjoyed it very much. That game was a grindfest though, with several bad game designs on top. But the combat was cool.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Every time I read that guys posts, I feel like I'm getting a live look at what senility online looks like.

:(
    ThupliBlah64sumdumguy1benseineTokken
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • EQBallzzEQBallzz Member UncommonPosts: 229
    Every time I read that guys posts, I feel like I'm getting a live look at what senility online looks like.

:(
    I hope you are talking about Wizardry and not me because when I read his post about BR I literally started wondering if I was going senile or something and had just totally misunderstood the game I just read about. Glad to find out it wasn't me losing my marbles.
    benseineTokken
  • NeedlehawkeNeedlehawke Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Um yeah....my home world is going to be something like 75% no PVP allowed, so not exactly a BR.  :p
    JamesGoblin
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    @Needlehawke ; Welcome to the boards!

@Scot Beat ya to it, this time! ;)
    ScotJamesGoblin[Deleted User]

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    @Needlehawke ; Welcome to the boards!

@Scot Beat ya to it, this time! ;)
    Welcome to the boards! Well done Frenchie I have not seen this guy before. :)

I have the same issues as OP about isometric view, but lets see how it goes.
    JamesGoblinMadFrenchie
  • Indigo3x3Indigo3x3 Member UncommonPosts: 11
    I care less and about 'Views' and 'graphics' and more about Content, Gameplay, and community. To me Runescape(osrs)  as an (isometric) was one of the best mmos due to content/gameplay. 
    JamesGoblin
  • RofusEURofusEU Member UncommonPosts: 58
    I'm not really a fan of the isometric view but some games have managed to make it work. Just give it a chance ;)
    zevni78
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    It's got most of the warning flags right in its banner ad on this site.  "Sandbox, MMORPG, Kickstarter."  When are we going to learn?
    [Deleted User]KyleranbenseineEQBallzz
    It's got most of the warning flags right in its banner ad on this site.  "Sandbox, MMORPG, Kickstarter."  When are we going to learn?
    For most people here, probably never.

Always looking for Never-Never Land, secretly wishing it exists.
    Kyleran

Only warning flag out of those is the Kickstarter and it's a risk we have to take. There are no big name publishers currently working on MMORPGs so indie devs are our only source. Kickstarter is still better than nothing.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    RofusEU said:

Only warning flag out of those is the Kickstarter and it's a risk we have to take. There are no big name publishers currently working on MMORPGs so indie devs are our only source. Kickstarter is still better than nothing.
    Is it really?  Or is it just a false hope that just delays facing reality? 
    [Deleted User]TokkenpostlarvalMadFrenchieGdemami

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    isometric GROWS on you eventually......... it did on me, like a wart. lol

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

RofusEU said:

No, WE don't have to take that risk. YOU choose to take it and YOU think Kickstarter is better than nothing.

Tokken said:
    isometric GROWS on you eventually......... it did on me, like a wart. lol
    I played UO for almost 20 years, so iso is in my blood and it's not going away anytime soon. I prefer it over 3D.
    GdemamiTokken

Kyleran said:
    RofusEU said:

Is it really?  Or is it just a false hope that just delays facing reality? 
    Maybe, but I rather have dreams of a better future than give up

postlarval said:
    RofusEU said:

No, WE don't have to take that risk. YOU choose to take it and YOU think Kickstarter is better than nothing.

I apologize for my poor choice of words. Anyway, I choose to support indie developers through KS rather than let the genre slowly die or stagnate in WoW clones
  • benseinebenseine Member UncommonPosts: 293
    I've had really fun in 3 mmorps in the past. In all the others I just looked around if I could find the same enjoyement, and I quit after the initial month or so (or a bit longer if the ppl hanging around on TS where fun). I would gladly pay 50 €/$ a month for that enjoyement again in a mmorpg, but none of the current games really give that atm. So my 50 bucks a month stay in my pocket atm. Now I don't mind putting that 50 bucks a month or so in a crowdfunding campaign once in a while. It's money I can miss for a hobby I can't really do atm because there are no good mmorpgs atm in my opinion.
    I've never supported a KS before, and I decided to finally take the plunge on this one for several reasons.
    1. The devs sound like they are aiming for reasonable goals and aren't trying to do everything from scratch. They are obviously trying to be very disciplined and not allow scope creep to take over.
    2. I have been dying for a Sandbox MMO that really tries to appeal to PVE players. I got excited about Ashes of Creation at first, until I realized that the PVE in that game was just an excuse to PVP. Right now, the devs in this game are the only ones I know of who seem to really understand PVE players and don't insist that they HAVE to put up with being attacked.
    Those 2 points were plenty for me.
    edited July 2018
    I’m not pledging for two reasons:

1. 59 hours to go and still not funded. If they’re having that much trouble...well...
    2. 110K is pocket change and I don’t see any information about how they’ll continue to fund the development to release. Business plan seems woefully non-existent. 

I would love love to see a game like this but there are just too many red flags for me to think it will ever release.
    KyleranGdemami

The devs have said that they don't need the KS money....but it will allow them to hire a few more people. They already have private investors.
    Truvidien88