Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What makes ashes different?

jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388
Been talking about features sort of in a vacuum.  Today I tie some of them all together 

delete5230Maurgrim

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Good video, 
    Where does the PvP struggle come into play?.... I'm guessing, when other players want to develop another node they have to knock down the powerful ones first? 

You talked about no two servers will be alike...Maybe some would have full co-operation and PvP may not be a stronger point on some.....But now that I think about it, their will be three factions, therefore powerful nodes would have to be the enemy ! 

Sorry, I'm working things out in my head :)

One flaw I could predict: 
    I'll be able to manipulate the game.  If I log in on my server and faction, and find I'm on the weak side of things, then simply log out and find a stronger. 

With this in mind, the weak factions may always remain weak... No one likes being on the weak side. 

To make matters worst, a weak faction has less perks and are gimped....many will not stand for that. Causing server jumping.    
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    What makes it different is that it's not playable yet and the devs made lots of promises.
    So people can dream and theorycraft all day long, and these are popular occupations among nerds.
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    What makes it different is that it's not playable yet and the devs made lots of promises.
    So people can dream and theorycraft all day long, and these are popular occupations among nerds.
    Ummm, have you even followed the game at all?

• jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Good video, 
    Where does the PvP struggle come into play?.... I'm guessing, when other players want to develop another node they have to knock down the powerful ones first? 

You talked about no two servers will be alike...Maybe some would have full co-operation and PvP may not be a stronger point on some.....But now that I think about it, their will be three factions, therefore powerful nodes would have to be the enemy ! 

Sorry, I'm working things out in my head :)

One flaw I could predict: 
    I'll be able to manipulate the game.  If I log in on my server and faction, and find I'm on the weak side of things, then simply log out and find a stronger. 

With this in mind, the weak factions may always remain weak... No one likes being on the weak side. 

To make matters worst, a weak faction has less perks and are gimped....many will not stand for that. Causing server jumping.    
    There is a ton of PvP Struggle in the game, and I'm going to be doing a second part to this video to really break down how Ashes does PvP different.   

Good thing is this, there are no factions.  There is no logging into the "East" and finding out it a West dominated server so you re-roll West.   Doesn't work like that.  The game is very group orientated [node, guild]

delete5230Kyleran