Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

They nurfed all classes

2»

Comments

• heerobyaheerobya Member UncommonPosts: 465
    Shortsighted.

As with every xpac since BC, for the last decade, evaluating at pre-patch at soon-to-be-no-longer max level, especially with a stat squish and removal of artifacts, which were a huge part of Legion, is... well, not smart.

Is it not fun? OK, I'll give you that... that's personal. Might be more fun once you get artifact armor + 10 more levels.

As well as getting new expac gear etc.

Change is hard. Change is never easy.

War. War never changes.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    I just wanted to let you guys know, Bas Ruten is still available if you need him to do something about the balance/nerf issues with WoW.  :D

Scotcheyane
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Actually, they buff/nerf depending on what THEY want people to play

Back in 6.2 they PURPOSELY made demonology warlock a shit spec (watch the video if don't believe me) because they didn't want people playing it

If I didn't link the video, it sounds so insane to make a class/spec purposely bad when its an actual spec to choose in the game...that you probably wouldn't believe me lol
    They have certainly made a concerted effort to do exactly this in the last two expansions with Hunters. Once the most-played class of all, it's a shell of itself thanks to shit tons of nerfs and the removal and "recreation" of Survival, now the least played spec in the game.
    AlbatroesCazriel[Deleted User][Deleted User]cheyane

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    So do players think WoW is now at GW2 levels of class and combat changes, or is GW2 still in a league of their own?
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    edited July 2018
    This doesn't sound all that new for WoW. They have always had FOTM issues.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

Back in 6.2 they PURPOSELY made demonology warlock a shit spec (watch the video if don't believe me) because they didn't want people playing it

If I didn't link the video, it sounds so insane to make a class/spec purposely bad when its an actual spec to choose in the game...that you probably wouldn't believe me lol
    Wow ... I missed that one when it first aired a few years ago.

It's crazy how candid he is about intentionally making the spec undesirable.  Seems like a poor approach to class design.  If a class has three specializations then the goal should be to make all three viable but just have each spec be better at different functions; so all specs are functional but each one excels in a different way. 

To basically come out at say they wanted Demonology to be the worst spec for Warlocks blows my mind.
    It is though easier to nerf one class than it is to try to bring all the other classes up to that special classes level. That will result in never ending balance changes as sweeping changes across classes always have unforeseen issues. 
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited July 2018
    SBFord said:

They have certainly made a concerted effort to do exactly this in the last two expansions with Hunters. Once the most-played class of all, it's a shell of itself thanks to shit tons of nerfs and the removal and "recreation" of Survival, now the least played spec in the game.
    Definitely the least played on high-end simply because its not realistically competitive to other dps, even marksman which they "spent" the most "effort" boosting in comparison to the other specs. Regardless of how good of a player you are as a BM, 80% of it is RNG not skill (which is still the case in bfa). Survival was garbage pretty much because it lacked any focus management, which I'm seriously curious as to how it got out in the first place with such a major oversight in legion.

The broad concept to the higher-end appears to be that in order to "balance" classes from legion onward is just to make other classes worse, not making the least played better. You couple that with how they are honestly just taking things away in order to just give them to us again and its more than clear that blizzard is running out of ideas. The artifact and legendary system were already in the game if you look at what they really gave you. Half of the artifact traits and legendary effects were already in glyphs or in passive you had BEFORE legion. I know people hated WoD or w/e but if you remember that when we leveled up, we got passives every other level before our 100 talent that greatly motified how some of our existing skills/passives worked, but of course were removed when legion hit just to be added into that artifact system. I mean, is this really a game people want to play? I really do ask myself that more now. Sure I like playing the occassional pvp and looking at my belf from time to time but it gets less and less worth it after each expansion. Preacher said it best, our classes stopped growing past 100 because we stopped getting anything after 100. We got nothing that made 110 important in legion. Say what you want about WoD but at least we got a 100 talent row. Half of the classes can't even say they got something new via the artifact system simply because they were removed. So is saying "half the classes got something new" really good to say?
  • CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419
    SBFord said:

Why do you suppose?  Do they not want to balance around the skill set so nerf them so they don't have to? 

This is pretty much Blizzard's approach to all class imbalance.  They do (did?) the same thing in Diablo 3.  Has Barbarian ever recovered as a DPS class since the years-ago nerf to Whirlwind? 

Blizzard has always been about dictating how it wants its games played.  They have repeatedly nerfed skills/classes they see being played in ways they didn't anticipate.

Having played the beta, I'm convinced that once the "Oh, shiny" wears off the consensus will be that BfA is a boring and a grindy expansion.

It's definitely a fire-sale only buy. 
  • HefaistosHefaistos Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Everybody will be a pally on BFA
    [Deleted User]
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Hefaistos said:
    Everybody will be a pally on BFA
    I'd rather play an under tuned class than play a god damn Palidan.

..Cake..

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Speaking as an Outlaw rogue for the entirety of legion, this kinda pisses me off to see that video.
    Maggon

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    With all this talk, I think I could bring my level 60 Rogue from my emulator server and kick some butt on BfA…. If I walk through Iron Forge everyone would clear a path for a bad ass.
  • DeddmeatDeddmeat Member UncommonPosts: 387
    One of the things i read often when people ask what class they should play 'it doesn't matter, play whatever you like, you won't die anyway, it's just how fast you kill things'

But OMG they changed my class, i must play another instead??? If they are all apparently able to practically solo most the game, what does it matter?
    delete5230