Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AVerMedia Live Gamer ULTRA: Portable Powerhouse For 4K and HDR - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageAVerMedia Live Gamer ULTRA: Portable Powerhouse For 4K and HDR - MMORPG.com

With the varied video resolutions on modern consoles and growing expectancy for quality digital content, AVerMedia’s Live Gamer ULTRA is set to make your “Play of The Game” moments look just as good as they felt with 4K HDR play-though and capture.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Not to discount your hardware review, but I'm pretty sure you just said you had 600GB of ram in the video for your test rig.
    Pastor_Dame
  • SolancerSolancer Member UncommonPosts: 121
    This clearly show Intel is behind this device, if a reviewer need to state that in texts it really saying something, as of today July of 2018 companies are not trusty worthy anymore. Well it went further back like in 2014 almost all of them will back stab you in some form, then again its all just my opinions.

As for the device its one heck of a external capture box for the price. I would think AMD can spear a few core to do just that as a software which cost like $50 pop maybe. One day we will have a core dedicated to handle just one subsystem so our super gaming PC can truly show how smooth it can be. . . someday.
  • Pastor_DamePastor_Dame Member UncommonPosts: 37

mcrippins said:

Not to discount your hardware review, but I'm pretty sure you just said you had 600GB of ram in the video for your test rig.

You're right... I did. That seems like an awful amount of RAM. I meant to say 16 and accidentally said 600. Thanks for the catch!
  • Pastor_DamePastor_Dame Member UncommonPosts: 37

Solancer said:

As for the device its one heck of a external capture box for the price. I would think AMD can spear a few core to do just that as a software which cost like $50 pop maybe. One day we will have a core dedicated to handle just one subsystem so our super gaming PC can truly show how smooth it can be. . . someday.

I am intending on building an AMD-based system this year. When I do, I will be testing the stability and performance. When I do, I will likely write an addendum to this review.

Also, there are some details that I got wrong in the original write up. That's what happens when you write a hardware review and then go on vacation!! Fixes coming shortly.