Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New DLC Pack Contains Five New Dungeons & a Host of Tweaks / Improvements - Dungeons & Dragons Onlin

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageNew DLC Pack Contains Five New Dungeons & a Host of Tweaks / Improvements - Dungeons & Dragons Online - MMORPG.com

Dungeons & Dragons Online News - The Dungeons & Dragons Online site has been updated with the news that the latest DLC package is now available either as part of the VIP plan or as a separate purchase. White Plume Mountain & Other Tales contains five new dungeons, "including the classic module White Plume Mountain" alongside four "all-new tales of mad Wizards and their works.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Nice, a lot of class tree changes too, along with the new float tree. It looks like the redid the cleric/FS trees and got the third FS tree.
  • TolrocTolroc Member UncommonPosts: 111
    I beta tested this game and enjoyed it, but didn't play it after launch due to horrible and confusing monetization at the time. Has it gotten any better?

I do not mind paying a reasonable amount of money for a sub or expansion packs, but I hate it when loot that drops for you is locked behind a payment wall.
  • Peco115Peco115 Member UncommonPosts: 31

Tolroc said:

I beta tested this game and enjoyed it, but didn't play it after launch due to horrible and confusing monetization at the time. Has it gotten any better?

I do not mind paying a reasonable amount of money for a sub or expansion packs, but I hate it when loot that drops for you is locked behind a payment wall.

Wasn't f2p at launch though

Tolroc said:

As the guy above stated, it was subscription based at launch. As far as I remember you never had to pay a dime to open anything at any time, from btp, to f2p to now. I think you are confusing this with Neverwinter Online. In DDO, if you pay for the optional subscription, you get almost everything for free. There is the daily dice thing that is like lootboxes, except it gives cosmetics and pure shit that isn't worth a cent in my opinion. I've never gotten one thing from it for the free rolls you get with a subscription that I even remotely cared about. And it is all auto-bound so you can't trade it for anything useful either.
  • sliyersliyer Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Game mechanics are amazing, but graphics are soo outdated. Game gets overwhelming with soo much quests to pick from, and the feeling of adventuring isn't really there. It's not raking in new players to enjoy the game enough to see it's true form.

sliyer said:

Game mechanics are amazing, but graphics are soo outdated. Game gets overwhelming with soo much quests to pick from, and the feeling of adventuring isn't really there. It's not raking in new players to enjoy the game enough to see it's true form.

Judging by the games that do rake in new players, this is good. If it had the mechanics to attract them I'd have no interest in it.
  • NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835

Tolroc said:

I'm with the other guys in thinking you're not talking about DDO.

But I'll answer it from the current version of the game.

The game is F2p and offers a number of free dungeons to level with; with more dungeons being available in the low to mid range, than in the mid to upper. There's no reason you couldn't level to max on just those alone, might get a little repetitive, but doable. The free parts are 100% totally free.

Any and all loot that drops in a free dungeon is free, no pay walls of any kind. Granted if you want the + 5 Vorpal sword of head lopping and it drops in a non-free, got to buy that adventure pack of dungeons, than I guess you could say there are some pay walls.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

Nebless said:

Tolroc said:

The game is F2p and offers a number of free dungeons to level with; with more dungeons being available in the low to mid range, than in the mid to upper. There's no reason you couldn't level to max on just those alone, might get a little repetitive, but doable. The free parts are 100% totally free.

Any and all loot that drops in a free dungeon is free, no pay walls of any kind. Granted if you want the + 5 Vorpal sword of head lopping and it drops in a non-free, got to buy that adventure pack of dungeons, than I guess you could say there are some pay walls.
    Don't they have some sort of guest pass thing too?  If you get into a dungeon with one would there still be gear restrictions or items you can't equip?

Also, I was wrong about the daily dice thing not having anything good - they drop xp pots and those are definitely pretty great.
  • SkavenapsSkavenaps Member UncommonPosts: 67
    blamo2000 said:
    Nebless said:

Tolroc said:

Don't they have some sort of guest pass thing too?  If you get into a dungeon with one would there still be gear restrictions or items you can't equip?

Also, I was wrong about the daily dice thing not having anything good - they drop xp pots and those are definitely pretty great.
    yes, you can guy guest pass, that give acces to a quest/quests for 30min/1h/2h and anything that drops there you can keep after the pass wears off. I used few of this past with my buddies to farm them some equip (like the +5%xp trinket)