Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Coming Storm Content DLC to Arrive on August 9th - Dauntless - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageThe Coming Storm Content DLC to Arrive on August 9th - Dauntless - MMORPG.com

Dauntless News - Phoenix Labs has sent a pair of interesting tidbits of Dauntless news. In the first, the team announced that over two million players have taken part in Dauntless since it launched into open beta in May. Secondly, developers also revealed that The Coming Storm is a brand new content expansion that will be arriving on August 9th.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KnaveSkyeKnaveSkye Member UncommonPosts: 137
    They day Monster Hunter World releases for PC...yeah, good luck with that.
    HalzamarSlyLoKchocolate42069ThaharAsch126NordicApache
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    I like Dauntless well enough for what it is. I wish them luck, but they needed to hit the ground running with new content within weeks if they were to have any chance of competing. This is too little too late.
    NordicApache
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Going head to head with the game concept you "borrowed" from, that does what you do but leaps and bounds better...

That's absolutely brilliant in this day and age of unadulterated stupid being a positive quality.
    [Deleted User]NordicApache
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    An expac for a game not even released yet? Even if it's free, I don't understand the logic...

Gut Out!

NordicApache

What, me worry?

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    Is this game still in beta? Same thing happens to adventure quest 3d. Are these games still in beta or have they released? I have heard zero news about release and they drop off my radar as a perpetual beta game...
    Gutlard said:
    An expac for a game not even released yet? Even if it's free, I don't understand the logic...

Gut Out!

I understand the logic well enough. Calling their first regular update an "expansion pack," makes it sound much bigger than it actually is. 
    Gutlard
    Aeander said:
    Gutlard said:

Gut Out!

I understand the logic well enough. Calling their first regular update an "expansion pack," makes it sound much bigger than it actually is. 
    But I was always told size doesn't matter.... :open_mouth:

I would rather have a smaller game that worked well, than a bigger game where half the things are a shallow mess.

Plus, if it's in BETA STILL, can it even be considered an 'expansion' or just more content to the current content being worked as there's no base being expanded on.

Gut Out!
    Reaperman69

What, me worry?

• 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    As much as I want every and all MMO games to be successful - after playing it for couple weeks I don't believe Dantless has any chance vs Monster Hunter. They should go mobile asap or risk watching the game dying because it's far from being fun after first few behemoths and the devs iterate gameplay way too slowly to compete with polished 15 years old franchise.

Thank you for your time!

Gutlard said:
    Aeander said:
    Gutlard said:

Gut Out!

I would rather have a smaller game that worked well, than a bigger game where half the things are a shallow mess.

Plus, if it's in BETA STILL, can it even be considered an 'expansion' or just more content to the current content being worked as there's no base being expanded on.

Gut Out!
    Size absolutely matters when a game that is both bigger and much better is coming to PC at the same time.

Dauntless is a relatively small game without about 20-something monsters, most of which are stronger copies of earlier monsters. It is also full of bugs and broken hitboxes.

There is potential there, and as an advocate for consumer friendly games and competition, I want to recommend this game, as it is both consumer friendly and a potential competitor in a monopolised genre. I cannot, however recommend the game in its current state, as it just cannot compete with the already excellent MHW.
    ScarranNordicApache
    I've never played a MH game, but everything I've seen from MHW piques my interest, and I always read about them releasing special armor sets also.

It just seems like a little something special added for those still playing the game for fun, and I can appreciate that!

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• ScarranScarran Member UncommonPosts: 102
    edited July 2018
    I wanted this game to succeed as the more good quality monster hunter style games can't be a bad thing. Unfortunately this game is average at best and for me I found the hitboxes to be awful, the combat is not as smooth as id hoped it to be and the initial server lag was a large problem. I have not dived into the game for a while to see if they managed to fix the server lag but I imagine the game has emptied out and it naturally fixed itself.

The monster count was low and lacked variety and the problem with this type of game is you need to either have a backlog of monsters ready to come out quickly or have enough content to keep people occupied between monster releases. This game has neither and with the static city where you cannot even go in and out of buildings, I cannot see this being remotely competitive to MHW and I imagine the numbers will take a nose dive once MHW gets released.
  • KnaveSkyeKnaveSkye Member UncommonPosts: 137
    I want Dauntless to become something good I can pick up time and again to see whats new, but it has been a rough start. They also have an epic case of the Battleborns with their timing in most things.
    TacticalZombeh
  • FolmenFolmen Member UncommonPosts: 4
    edited July 2018

Gutlard said:

Aeander said:

Gutlard said:

Gut Out!

Gut Out!

What About Warframe ? it is exactly the same , they are in " open beta " state for 5 years now and noone has said a damn thing about it like " it a shallow mess or it will fail", and hell its one of most successful mmos / co-op games out there
  • superiumsuperium Member UncommonPosts: 4
    edited July 2018
    I used to hate seeing these comments but after going completely undervalued and disrespected by the company and its support as a long time supporter and player of the game. The continued failure that is this game and the path its been taken on is now extremely satisfying to watch. In my time there were few incredible Twitch streamers motivated and seeking into the partnership program who just got constantly denied (just a few examples Droods, French Tomahawk). You don't see these people playing this game either any more. Well done. People who actually breathed a huge amount of positive energy and life into the game and boosted the community through good times and experiences for your ongoing player base. I never understood why you never accepted these streamers, but after recent experiences on the forums and with support and how i've been dealt with and treated i now understand. You put out an image of "game made by gamers for the gamers" and "we want player feedback" but its all a front.
  • hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    i tried it, retried it... something miss...
    and why? why the 9th? to compete the master hunter? to catch some ppl on the way?
    i wonder how many ppl are in the game as i found it's nearly empty
    on other side, it's free but i'm going to pay the full buck pack for MHW, nothing near to compare them

too sad they didn't launch it one or two years ago
    pray rathalos to crunch it a last time before it died for real :)
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    edited July 2018
    Is Randy Pitchford the CEO of Phoenix Labs? Only he would do this mistake twice.

I really have no idea why they decided to release this piece of content, after a 8 MONTH LONG DROUGHT, the same day MHW comes out for PC. They do know that a big piece of the popularity they have was because they were a MH-style game for PC when there wasn't one, right? Also, on a comment i made about this whole thing, there's a member of Phoenix Labs on the Dauntless reddit that mentions, and i quote: We refer to The Coming Storm as a Content Pack, not an expansion. We can't always control how that gets reported. So somehow, they consider it a content pack, yet they always reported as an expansion.
    NordicApache