Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When will Caspien get realistic?

2»

Comments

• AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    I am worried about the project, the delays/team attitude have turned me from an optimist to a pessimist in regards this project.

Also the amount the game has changed from pre ks is very upsetting to me as I was eager then.

I joined the kick starter in a hope we could show that popular trends are not always the best way to go. I don't regret that decision because I still hope we can show it is viable to build a game people want instead of what's best commercially.

Do I think CoE will do it.... 

Ask me in 2025 when it's released... 

MendelGdemami
    If I'm still alive
    KyleranWellspring
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    edited July 2018
    AnOldFart said:
    I am worried about the project, the delays/team attitude have turned me from an optimist to a pessimist in regards this project.

Also the amount the game has changed from pre ks is very upsetting to me as I was eager then.

I joined the kick starter in a hope we could show that popular trends are not always the best way to go. I don't regret that decision because I still hope we can show it is viable to build a game people want instead of what's best commercially.

It's OK.  Caspien has been working on a new "event" tied into fundraising and will contribute a portion to charity. The event will start in about 2 weeks and run to around Labor Day.  Look for updates on the monthlong sale shortly.

#ALLISWELL

Post edited by Slapshot1188 on
    AnOldFart

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

edited July 2018
    AnOldFart said:

It's OK.  Caspien has been working on a new "event" tied into fundraising and will contribute a portion to charity. The event will start in about 2 weeks and run to around Labor Day.  Look for updates on the monthlong sale shortly.

#ALLISWELL

Sigh, 

Well at least I've got £19 store credit for pre kick-starter influence
  • WBadgerWBadger Member RarePosts: 374
    edited September 2018
    Seeing as his entire pitch was based off of an extremely unrealistic time frame for a unrealistic kitchen sink game

Probably never. Honestly, he should just come out and say "We don't know when it'll be finished.  Our timeline was unrealistic, coming soon™."  If you are just entering developing stage/funding stage, the worst thing you can do is give people a timeline for when things will be expected to be up and running because you can not predict bugs, syntax errors, features that simply will not work with each other; so now you have to push the timeline back.  And make people angry.  And then more bugs, and push the timeline back, and make people angrier.  Tell people when it is coming out when you actually have a completed, bug-tested product, instead of putting a rope up to hang yourself with by giving a date that is wholly unrealistic when you have barely even started to work on the project.

If I was to go off the adage of a dollar an hour for entertainment though, I'd be bankrupt from how much enjoyment I'm getting watching the drama continue

Gdemami