Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Journey To 70 - Part 1 - TheHiveLeader - Final Fantasy XIV Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited July 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageMy Journey To 70 - Part 1 - TheHiveLeader - Final Fantasy XIV Videos - MMORPG.com

Final Fantasy XIV and TheHiveLeader haven't always seen eye to eye. But sometimes things change. In an effort to see everything Final Fantasy XIV has to offer, TheHiveLeader is devoting an entire month to one of the best MMOs out there that he's never really gotten into. Will this time be different? Hopefully.

Read the full story here

Comments

• DEATHRAMENTDEATHRAMENT Member UncommonPosts: 701
    As always, excellent video.
  • DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    Main thing I dislike about XIV is the boss fights which 9/10 have a wipe mechanic if you don’t do a certain task a certain way all wipe. Only way around it is to watch a video several times so you know how to do that said fight which makes it not fun but a chore. I’m in there and paying sub monthly to have fun not research online how to fight every single boss. Also new boss fights as they release groups forming only ask for experienced and must have win already like wtf they ask for that same day the fight patch is on.
    Viper482psychosiz1
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Those filler quests are sooooooo bad.
    LeiloniViper482pantaro
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Same issue with this game and ESO. I want to like them, I try to like them....I just get bored and move on only to try again months later. Vicious cycle.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    On the plus side, it does get faster to level up after your first one hits cap thanks to the armoury exp bonus.
  • psychosiz1psychosiz1 Member UncommonPosts: 200
    I played until 58 a few months back.  I took a break and will do 70 at some point in the future
  • pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    touched on a lot of the reasons i just cant stand to play this game,but i will always respect how they took the original version from unsuccessful into the success it is now. you would never see that from most triple A mmo's.
  • RukushinRukushin Member UncommonPosts: 311

Viper482 said:

Same issue with this game and ESO. I want to like them, I try to like them....I just get bored and move on only to try again months later. Vicious cycle.

SAME! I played FFXIV for the longest time, but finally gave up due to boredom. Same with ESO especially since I don't have to pay a sub. I want to like these games so much, but I really actually found out that it is the fact that my guild broke up in FFXIV and finding a new group to socialize with on the level that I was with my original guild was very hard to find.

I have found out about myself as an MMOer that it's not so much the game that I care about but the social experience. It can be the best game in the world, but if I don't have a great group to experience it with, then most likely I'll stop playing quite fast.
    MadFrenchie
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    My journey ended at about level thirty when I couldn’t stand the writing or millionth fetch quest.
    pantaro
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Rukushin said:

Viper482 said:

SAME! I played FFXIV for the longest time, but finally gave up due to boredom. Same with ESO especially since I don't have to pay a sub. I want to like these games so much, but I really actually found out that it is the fact that my guild broke up in FFXIV and finding a new group to socialize with on the level that I was with my original guild was very hard to find.

I have found out about myself as an MMOer that it's not so much the game that I care about but the social experience. It can be the best game in the world, but if I don't have a great group to experience it with, then most likely I'll stop playing quite fast.
    Same here.  The combat could be great, but if I'm stuck doing most of it solo because the game was built to support that playstyle until the end game and/or strictly cordons off "group" content, I generally don't last very long.

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I enjoy Hive Leader podcasts because they are dependably funny, even if the game at issue is not one of interest to me.
    pantaro[Deleted User]

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Well DeadSpock, you do know that FFXIV isn't the only game that has the boss mechanic where if you don't do a certain thing or take too long it wipes your group. So far I like the game, 1600+ Day vet.
  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259

Viper482 said:

same here. I play lotro until im bored and then i play ffxiv until im bored. Then i go back to single player Games like Dark Souls. I'm on my Dark Souls run now.
  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    Jesus, how many kids did you have!?