Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stream Fans Help Raise $2.7M for St. Jude Children's Charities Ahead of GuardianCon - MMORPG.com Ne

ShelassaShelassa MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 616

imageStream Fans Help Raise $2.7M for St. Jude Children's Charities Ahead of GuardianCon - MMORPG.com News

Twitch gaming fans have helped raise over $2.7M for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital ahead of this year's GuardianCon in Tampa, Florida. Funds were raised through a charity marathon with over 190,000 people viewing game streamers on Twitch. There were a ton of incentives for donations including Ninja dying his hair if donations got to $50,000 or that he would get a tattoo if donations hit the $200,000 mark. Ninja even offered to drop all his Fortnite items for every $500 donation

Read the full story here

Chadex31

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Another commendable fundraising effort for charity. Between the Overwatch charitable fundraiser and this one, it proves that gamers have their hearts in the right places AND that the game developers and content creators are aces for providing such fantastic opportunities for their fans. :)
    Phry

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• ImNotHarryImNotHarry Member UncommonPosts: 27
    That's an impressive sum of money. I hope they'll serve a good cause.
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    B..but video games are evil and they corrupt our children and bring no good to the world!
    Scot

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Some good has come out of Twitch, I am amazed well done! :)
    Phry
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    Never heard of "Ninja" but kudos to him for offering to dye his hair. (I'd guess ninjas probably need to change their appearance frequently depending on their assignment)