Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dead already.

KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 919
Well the game has ben fading since debut and now one can officialy declare it a defunct. It was fast. Lack of stuff to do plus any sense of progression killed it.

And yet people here still believe that if someone made an open world MMO with zero progression, where players just walk over here and there and just pvp whoever one encounters on the way would reach Fortnite level of success.
JeffSpicoliHatefullOctagon7711

Comments

• KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 919
    Not saying it was a MMO, but making a MMO scale of a trainwreck like this would be a clear fail and waste of money.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Wasn't the PC version of this game only available through windows store though? thats hardly a recipe for success no matter how good or bad the game is.  :/
    JeffSpicoliAnOldFartKyleranScotmgilbrtsnInteritusHatefulldeniter
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited April 2018
    Phry said:
    Wasn't the PC version of this game only available through windows store though? thats hardly a recipe for success no matter how good or bad the game is.  :/
    Good. Im a big Steam fan boy, I like all my games in one place. I hate how every publisher is now trying to distribute their software through their own means
    Signex
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    thunderC said:
    Phry said:
    Good. Im a big Steam fan boy, I like all my games in one place. I hate how every publisher is now trying to distribute their software through their own means
    I use Steam as my preferred source too, but i don't think it would be good for Steam to be the only available outlet for PC games, for one thing they might end up being overpriced due to lack of competition, though oddly enough, overpriced is one of the complaints being made about Sea of Thieves. ;)
  • Revy106Revy106 Member UncommonPosts: 46
    I sadly brought this game, its a comfy game but just has nothing to do but the same old thing theres no living world..
  • FrozenyearroundFrozenyearround Member UncommonPosts: 155
    edited July 2018
    For a game that's been declared "officially defunct" by some random poster on some small random gaming site, it's a little weird they just pushed an update a week ago and have plans for more updates throughout the year.  They just had their largest update on June 1st.  Yeah totally "defunct".  

Threads like this are just one of the many reasons the majority of gamers never step foot in forums.  
    Thupli
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    The game is far from dead, lol.
    Mikeha
  • FrozenyearroundFrozenyearround Member UncommonPosts: 155
    Soki123 said:
    The game is far from dead, lol.
    Nope this random dude said its "defunct "  he obviously knows what he is talking about.  He probably a really super duper smart guy with some extremely important insider information that the developers who keep pushing updates aren't even aware of.  
    Thupli
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,303
    For a game that's been declared "officially defunct" by some random poster on some small random gaming site, it's a little weird they just pushed an update a week ago and have plans for more updates throughout the year.  They just had their largest update on June 1st.  Yeah totally "defunct".  

Threads like this are just one of the many reasons the majority of gamers never step foot in forums.  
    "small random gaming site!!!' Oh no he didn't!!!
    PhaserlightHatefullThupli

Concentrate on enjoying yourself, and not on why I shouldn't enjoy myself.

• InteritusInteritus Member UncommonPosts: 236
    I've asked this before and no one delivered.  Is there a way to actually measure how many people play now. Not how many signed up, not how many played in the first month, how many play now.  You get put into small instances.  And you see a ship or two with 1-4 people on it. That doesn't tell you anything about the numbers of people playing.  I want a steam charts type website that someone can point to and say yeah people are playing, or not it's dead. 

And still adding content to a game that hasn't been out for 6 months isn't a sign of anything. This was planned content. We shouldn't be measuring player number because they are releasing content.
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,231

Aaaand then you go and do the same thing. You say things like "Small Random Site", Majority, with absolutely no qualifiers. Do you happen to know when this site started? Or how many people post and or visit this site on a daily basis?

As to your point, getting offended by "some random poster" on a "small random gaming site" is a great way to support your counterpoint of the game is "fine". So, same questions how many people log into this game on a daily? What was the max simultaneous players? Has the player base increased or decreased since launch? Proof of all of this?

Because believe it or not, to everyone else you are just a random poster. On one of the longest-running game sites out there. Just saying.

All the reviews I have read on this game thus far all say very similar things: This game is as fun as the people you are playing with. No depth, and far too grindy. Not a very good sales point. But I only read like ten reviews.
    Gdemami

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    edited July 2018
    I use Steam for non-MMORPG games and for MMORPGs I use the developer's client.

Steam is a crappy distribution model for some games because it's so limited in how it manages game files. For example, if I install ESO it downloads all the game's data -- both the PC/Mac clients and all languages. I'm on a Mac so if i delete the PC client and FR and DE languages, it just reinstalls them. That's almost 30 gigs I don't need. If I install Zen's client I don't get any of that so the install is half the size. It's also keeping files you'll never use up-to-date.