Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Console Platforms

-----------------------
Screw ENIX

-----------------------
It's hip to be square.

Comments

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460
    i despise consoles

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786
     Consoles really suck compare to computer. In my oppinion, it's just gaming for noobs. But i got a ps2 and a gamecube so i won't go too far with that... lol

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

i like a good console style rpg or platforming game once in a while. consoles really have alot more to chose from compared to pc, on pc we have fps, rpg, rts, and adventure. on console you have platformers, stealth action is becoming more popular, and console rpgs are alot different.

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

--------------------------------------

• ParaTrooperParaTrooper Member Posts: 1,961

yer computers r better and more useful, can't use any ms office programs or anything on a ps2 can u? although i heard the ps2 was delayed because it was so powerful it could be used to control missiles? so they had to drop that a bit. I do have a ps2,i use it to watch DvD's more than anything although there are some great games, thinking of GTA3, DefJam Vendetta.....uhhhh thats bout it lol(nah theres too many to name)

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.
    -----------------------------------------
    ParaTrooper, That guy that used to mod the MMORPG.com forums.

• ThePatientThePatient Member Posts: 90
    Actually Rathma, the fist gaming system was out way before computers became popular in public use.  So I guess you can say PC's are gaming for noobs. 

---------------------------------------------

Turn me on, dead man.
    S: 86% E: 60% A: 33% K: 20%

i feel a warmth

o0 maybe a flame coming on

heh

no but really...i do htink that pc's suffice over consoles, because you can upgrade them

while with a console, u have to go and spend another half a grand

meh!

Originally posted by ThePatient
    Actually Rathma, the fist gaming system was out way before computers became popular in public use.  So I guess you can say PC's are gaming for noobs. 

Interesting point. But i still kinda stick with my statement, only because the noobs today dont think much of computers as gaming systems, just something to talk on msn and such... You see, the noobs today that are looking for games, look straight to ps2,gamecube and Xbox because they were specifically designed for gaming. But if your a little smarter like most of the people at mmorpg.com you'll realize computers are very powerful gaming machines. But i also agree with your oppinion as well.

Oh and BTW, if you have the console systems that were released before the computer then yes, you are pretty leet. But if you've only heard of ps2, GC, and xbox.... Then thats pretty noob.

also consoles are alot easier to keep up-to-date... cuz ya dont have to upgrade them. just by the newest generation every 5 years for 300 bucks.

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

that's the beatuty of a pc though

u can upgrade it

and that makes it fun!

so damned expensive though... i plan to make money off my newfound ability to build pc's though. i allready helped my bro put together 1 in less than 2 hours. i still dont have the internet on my own though... max payne 2 kicks ass though.

- Unknown Author

Well I wasnt saying that consoles are better than PC's necesarilly.  I was just saying that just because someone uses a console doesnt mean they are noobs.  Some people like consoles because they have less chance of crashing, and having errors, and things like that.  Some people like PC's becuase you can upgrade them, but some people dont know enough about computers to upgrade them.  I dont think consoles or PC's are better, It just depends on what you prefer.  Its all opinion.

Turn me on, dead man.

Yeah. Somehow i went for both... Meh.

yea i went for both and strongly regret the xbox... i shouldve put the 500 into good use

mehimage

gamecube being only 100 is so tempting, but i know my mom would be like "you just got that damned machine in ur room and you bought another 1?!?!" ugh

- Unknown Author

You have Xbox? wow, their offering it for like 179 bucks now with theese games and a month of x box live. You always gotta wait out the console systems at least a year until you get your moneys worth.

got it when it came out

XBOX w/ 1 controller = $300
    2 Controllers = $100
    Halo = $50
    DVD plugin = $30

almost 500

yea i got jipped...big

I bought a new computer for 2000 bucks in the summer and it already needs to be upgraded. Microsoft's a whore when it comes to money.

dude u said i havent played a console

if u had READ my post then you would know

• DesperadoDesperado Member Posts: 467

It's a shame that the guy who posted this thread was simply attempting to get results on which console were people's favorites on the list, but rather got a whole cpu vs console debate.

I originally was more partial to the ps2, but with such games as "SW: Knights of the Old Republic" (excellent rpg) I'm leaning towards the xbox. 

"A good man knows his limits, a Great man knows he has none...."

"A good man knows his limits, a Great man knows he has none...."

I have GC and PS2. I like ps2 better only because you can play online.

• ViolentYViolentY Member Posts: 1,458

XBox is the best party console. My friends bring theirs, we hook up with ethernet cords and play Halo. Awesome game when you have 8 people all in the same room. XBox is a LOT easier to transport than a computer at a LAN party, too. And now with new games like Counterstrike, XBox gets even better. XBox Live is a new found love of mine. Morrowind for XBox is so much better than for PC. It lags to high Heaven on PC, and it's so much easier to use the controller.

And in reply to the statement made earlier, I have a friend who actually knows how to install Windows 95 on an XBox.

K: 73% A: 60% S: 33% E: 33%
    Anything you hate will be the root of everything you breathe.
    Breathing in the dirt will leave you hating all that you conceive.
    I never thought I'd be the one to bring it down to this.
    My last thought is through a statement and a shattered fist.
    Face down, fearless, light me up, end this.
    Face down, fearless, light me up, END THIS!

-Machiavelli

It is tons of fun playing halo with 8 people, as i did last month. And i recently played counter strike for Xbox. Having played the pc one and then playing this. I only tried it for about 10 minutes. Wasn't impressed at all.

If your going to get a good shooter game. The PC is the system that owns it. You simply cannot have as much control at all as the pc unless you want to go into the trouble of hooking up a keyboard and a mouse to the XBOX. 

• ViolentYViolentY Member Posts: 1,458

You said you played CS for XBox for 10 minutes. You played CS for PC for, I'm guessing, at LEAST a year?

You gotta learn the controls for XBox. I really wasn't impressed at first, either. But then I started playing it a bit more, and I actually like the XBox version more than the PC version now.

K: 73% A: 60% S: 33% E: 33%
    Anything you hate will be the root of everything you breathe.
    Breathing in the dirt will leave you hating all that you conceive.
    I never thought I'd be the one to bring it down to this.
    My last thought is through a statement and a shattered fist.
    Face down, fearless, light me up, end this.
    Face down, fearless, light me up, END THIS!

-Machiavelli

Yeah but if you play the Xbox and the pc for the same amount of time (lets say a year) your going to still get alot more control for the p.c.

I own halo for x-box and PC, and if you ask me ide rather play Halo on x-box with 4 or 8, or even 16 people in the same room with me than play against 16 people over the internet on the PC.  3 Reasons:  Its more fun when your sitting in a room with your friends with snacks playing against eachother, and cursing at eachother, and high-fiving eachother, etc.  Plus, the x-box graphics are better than the PC graphics, unless you have a geforce 4, that can run halo on better than 1024x786 screen resolution with better than 60 fps, wich MOST people dont have, and the TV screen is bigger than a computer monitor. 

Turn me on, dead man.