Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I like the houseing in ESO but.... $150 for a house?

2»

Comments

• AzmodeusAzmodeus Member UncommonPosts: 268
    I would pay $150 for a better combat button in ESO.
      OMG I am Ancient!
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Azmodeus said:
    I would pay $150 for a better combat button in ESO.
    Shhhh, dont give Devs any ideas like that. Imagine selling a cash shop item for better game mechanics.

For only $150 you can turn off combat animation locking or buy reduced global cool down timers.  (I might have already seen that last one somewhere)

Ugh.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Kyleran said:

If these "dodgy" business practices were totally ignored by the player community, they would not continue to be propagated.
    Which shows you just how many people use said practices.

Gaming has evolved. Some people will evolve with it, some won't. Its simply NOT going back to the way it was before, no matter how many indie studios claim they're rediscovering their "roots". It's just another scam to get your money, like loot boxes or cash shops. Different tactic, same outcome.
    Kyleran

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    edited July 2018
    Kyleran said:

If these "dodgy" business practices were totally ignored by the player community, they would not continue to be propagated.
    Which shows you just how many people use said practices.

Gaming has evolved. Some people will evolve with it, some won't. Its simply NOT going back to the way it was before, no matter how many indie studios claim they're rediscovering their "roots". It's just another scam to get your money, like loot boxes or cash shops. Different tactic, same outcome.
    Fight backs have occurred, a big question mark has been put over loot boxes, but It may be ten years before they actually leave gaming.

Also classic servers which are subscription only raise a question we rarely hear about or maybe gaming companies just don't want to hear it? Are people joining those servers because they are classic or subscription only? If the latter is that not saying players will play sub only MMOs?

But overall you are right, I just think there is some hope that at least some areas when it comes to MMO revenue dodgy practices can be rolled back, particularly gambling.
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    If they introduce items through the cash shop, they should also introduce ways for players to unlock them by meeting in-game requirements/grinding etc... I have a feeling most of us would feel better about some grind as long as it was working toward something we wanted.

Don't care about the item? Don't buy it & definitely avoid grinding for it, but Devs would also need to make sure that item isn't relevant to gameplay...

If a house costs enough Crowns for 10 months of subbing, would it be okay if the requirements/grinding took 10 months as well or would players give up by that point?

I'm always under the illusion that options are king to players. Give us a shit ton of options and we'll choose the way we want to accomplish things based on our play styles and time constraints...

When LOTRO added the cash shop, we raised hell about it, and then they promised it would only be for cosmetic items. Once it was established and people started using it, maybe even before, they started adding potions and items that did indeed gave others an edge.

I think Devs need to spend way more time thinking how to implement cash shop items, if cash shops are now part of the landscape... Us vocal peeps seem to all hate cash shops from what I've been reading, for the most part.

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Yep its this kind of garbage, along with the loot boxes, that made me decide to walk away from this game forever.
    You “walked away” from a game because of two things which are not required to play the game. 

Heh...
    I did as well, I no longer support this game or company with my time or money. I find their business model insulting.

I once championed their business model as the best in the industry.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]YashaX

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee