Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dig that hole, Jessica Price!

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
Some people don't know when to back off of social media.  Jessica Price is at it again, this time attacking her former boss.  Good luck finding another job in the industry now that you've gone after both players and your former employer.

http://massivelyop.com/2018/07/11/former-guild-wars-2-developer-criticizes-arenanet-boss-for-solicitation-of-harassment-and-minimization-of-her-work/
FrodoFragins

Comments

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited July 2018
    So not only will NCsoft (and Arenanet since it involves GW2) be known as a stupid company who hates money by sabatoging city of heroes (when it was making money and doing 1000 times better, no exageration, than Wildstar which somehow they keep alive)

Now they'll be known as a sexist company that hates women and defend sexist comments. 

I hope she (and Peter) both get lawyer(s) and take on NCsoft like Richard Garriot did when NCsoft also threw him under the bus. And no matter what you think of him, Richard won in a court of law which makes NCsoft the guilty party. 

I really hope they get lawyers and take on NCsoft. They are a very rotten company to the core, and this just further proves it.
    EponyxDamorBlaze_RockerMadFrenchieAsch126JDis25LackingMMOUnicron-esc-joconnorpostlarvalRexKushmanand 6 others.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited July 2018
    For those who'd rather read it in situ and draw their own conclusions, here's the proper link.

https://twitter.com/Delafina777/status/1017103133955117056

Reverielle

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    So not only will NCsoft (and Arenanet since it involves GW2) be known as a stupid company who hates money by sabatoging city of heroes (when it was making money and doing 1000 times better, no exageration, than Wildstar which somehow they keep alive)

Now they'll be known as a sexist company that hates women and defend sexist comments. 

I hope she (and Peter) both get lawyer(s) and take on NCsoft like Richard Garriot did when NCsoft also threw him under the bus. And no matter what you think of him, Richard won in a court of law which makes NCsoft the guilty party. 

I really hope they get lawyers and take on NCsoft. They are a very rotten company to the core, and this just further proves it.
    Of course!  If your position is as indefensible as hers, of course you pull the sexism card.  Maybe what happened to her, just maybe, is because she's an asshole?
    KyleranPanther2103NibsKajidourden[Deleted User]postlarvalTealaalkarionlogElquinRidelynnand 1 other.
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    What's situ? I feel old and get lost with all these acronyms(or is it anagrams? I get those confused)

I mean honestly her response isn't shocking in the least. I did find it funny how she tried to say Mike O'Brien "erased/downplayed" her role in GW2's story development. Then she went on to say how nothing is made by one person, yet the next series of tweets is acting like the entire season of story was purely due to her and was her work alone.
    jeremy2020ElquinLinif

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    Sephiroso said:
    What's situ? I feel old and get lost with all these acronyms(or is it anagrams? I get those confused)

I mean honestly her response isn't shocking in the least. I did find it funny how she tried to say Mike O'Brien "erased/downplayed" her role in GW2's story development. Then she went on to say how nothing is made by one person, yet the next series of tweets is acting like the entire season of story was purely due to her and was her work alone.
    "In situ" isn't something I've personally seen used outside of working in a hospital, to be honest. It means "in its original place".
    Sephiroso said:

"In situ" isn't something I've personally seen used outside of working in a hospital, to be honest. It means "in its original place".
    ooh lol, i didn't realize it was latin. I still regret not taking latin when i had the chance in school.
    SBFord

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Sephiroso said:

Me either but I just liked it and because I'm probably sort of loopy today on migraine medication. :D 

Regardless, reading the original thread without someone else's interpretation of it is always what I prefer to do, so I hope that people will. Not only that, but all of the comments made in response are there too, making it doubly valuable.
    MightyUncleanEponyxDamord_20ElquinSal1

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited July 2018
    I see her page is still not set to private  B)

Vanity is quite the drug.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041

She got fired because she was an offensive ass. And when that attitude started to (rightfully) backfire she decided to turn all of it around by playing the gender card, the bully pretending to be the victim. And by doing that she did not only insult 1000s of women who have to deal with ACTUAL gender inequality, she also showed that she has a narrative which she just plasters over any situation, fitting or not. Kind of like what you are doing right now.

Stop this nonsense, she is a HUMAN failing to show decent behavior while talking about specific work for a specific company, not some girl that needs special defending. You want people to be treated the same? Then start doing it yourself, don't put them in a golden cage with special rules....

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    EponyxDamor[Deleted User]KyleranMaddog666MadFrenchieJDis25[Deleted User]DiabhualVyntJeleenaand 2 others.
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• AlteiirAlteiir Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Well just about everyone knows that regardless of whether or not you are off the clock you still represent your company. I don't agree that she deserved to be fired, but another example of this is the Bioware employee that got fired for his comments about Totalbiscuit. Very few people were outraged that he was fired given the justification. Similarly, Ms. Price made a disrespectful comment about his passing. While I haven't done a deep dive on her social media, my opinion is that she is an oblivious human that has a history of disrespecting others. Turn your profile to private, otherwise your opinions, like mine here, are open to criticism. 
    [Deleted User]Elquin
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    edited July 2018
    SBFord said:
    For those who'd rather read it in situ and draw their own conclusions, here's the proper link.

Thanks for the link, Suzie.

After reading a good part of that, it only reinforces the conclusion that Twitter is a mechanism for allowing communication between individuals incapable of communicating.

I am so glad I am anti-social media.

EponyxDamorKyleranSBFord[Deleted User]postlarvalSandmanjw

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• ananitananit Member RarePosts: 293
    i'm genuinely wondering if she doesn't suffer from some sort of mental illness.
    she is completely delusional and is acting like a spoiled brat that has never been told no, she is throwing the equivalent of an internet temper tantrum and blaming absolutely everyone but herself. the worst part in all that, is that there is an entire clique of similar people comforting her in her delusion.

after what happened, she should have shut up and taken a vacation from social media. not escalate things further. a quick public apology to deroir and the community and people would have forgotten about her within a week, she might even have found a new job within a reasonable time frame.
    after that internet tirade though, no sane person would (nor should) hire her because if one thing is sure, it's that the internet does not forget.
    ElquinFrodoFragins
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    She seems to be having a meltdown that I can't understand. I'm not seeing anything that was said to her or about her (by ArenaNet or the poster at issue) that has anything to do with her gender.
    jeremy2020[Deleted User]KyleranElquin

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• jeremy2020jeremy2020 Member UncommonPosts: 7
    SBFord said:

This seems to be her reaction. The initial incident with Derior is at 
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    edited July 2018
    Jessica is showing appalling poor judgement.  She has nobody to blame but herself for the position she is in.
    Yeah but she's got alot of people backing her up in the industry. So that's why she not backing down. Maybe they know something we don't.
  • natpicknatpick Member UncommonPosts: 271

Now they'll be known as a sexist company that hates women and defend sexist comments. ]

there is the problem right there,everytime someone disagrees or fires or has comments towards a female does not make it sexist or hate,maybe its just what it is,a point of view or  opinion.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited July 2018
    when the first news broke i felt she was fired unfairly. After reading the whole thing, and learning from her past history and her reaction after all this... I'm glad she got fired. Nothing about this was about gender. She earned the boot.
    [Deleted User]ElquinRidelynnFrodoFragins

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    natpick said:

Now they'll be known as a sexist company that hates women and defend sexist comments. ]

there is the problem right there,everytime someone disagrees or fires or has comments towards a female does not make it sexist or hate,maybe its just what it is,a point of view or  opinion.

It's a crazy time we live in.  Every time a man has a difference of opinion with a woman, and expresses it to her, he can be accused of "mansplaining" and being a sexist.  As far as I know, there is no "womansplaining" to counter this.  As a matter of fact, the spellcheck recognizes "mansplaining" but not "womansplaining."  Scary stuff.
    [Deleted User]FrodoFragins
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Like I said in the first thread, ANETs seemingly heavy handed response of dismissal rather than censure makes me question the value of her (their) contributions.

It also appears they may have used this as an opportune justification to unloading a problem employee.(s)

[Deleted User]rojoArcueid[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    lahnmir said:
    the bully pretending to be the victim. 
    Sounds like 90% of the people posting on forums.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

Kyleran said:
    Like I said in the first thread, ANETs seemingly heavy handed response of dismissal rather than censure makes me question the value of her (their) contributions.

It also appears they may have used this as an opportune justification to unloading a problem employee.(s)

Well if you listen to JP about her contributions, "everything you've seen of the story so far this season is my work". Is there a stronger word than arrogant? If not there should be i feel.

I feel like this statement alone just proves she must have been a nightmare to work with. Just makes it all the more funnier when just a couple tweets before this she said "Everything in GW2 is made by a team. There's no content that's made by one person."

Like someone saying "Drugs are bad mkay..they're the bane of humanity" Then the next minute "But cocaine cure's my depression!" lol...
    ElquinFrodoFragins

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited July 2018
    Mendel said:
    SBFord said:

Thanks for the link, Suzie.

After reading a good part of that, it only reinforces the conclusion that Twitter is a mechanism for allowing communication between individuals incapable of communicating.

I am so glad I am anti-social media.

The fact that she still very literally expresses only her interest in shouting from her public soapbox, and will only acknowledge responses from those she seems worthy through a follow, got me to stop reading.

If you want to speak in public, don't preface it by saying you don't want to hear from the public.  She has no valuable point to make anymore (really never did), she's just screeching to remain relevant in a world where news dies as quickly as it's born.
    KyleranElquinMendel

• some-clueless-guysome-clueless-guy Member UncommonPosts: 227
    Something is really fucked up about this society we live in when people are still in doubt whether or not she deserved it after reading all the proof. It should be obvious but someone thought better and decided to instrumentalize the event in order to point the searchlight on social media's repercussions in the real world. It's an issue but an issue that should be tackled properly.

You can argue that her colleague did not deserve it and, had this happened before the whole me2 clown-fiesta he would still have his job. I would agree with you.

You can argue that people should not lose their jobs because of over-reactions from the mob on social media. And I would agree with you, but this is not the case (in fact it was HER who tried to unleash the mob).

But to still argue in HER favour. Just what the fuck is going on? Do we want this kind of people around? Shouldn't we give her job to someone else, a better human being for instance?
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]KyleranetharnElquinMendel
  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Sephiroso said:

Her comment reminds of this scene from The Simpsons for some reason:

JeffSpicoliPhry
    I posted this in the other thread but these words sum up basically what MadFrenchie just said(and how i feel).

^only need watch 40 secs to hear the message.
    MadFrenchie