Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

11 Things That Have Changed In No Man's Sky Since Launch - No Man's Sky Videos - MMORPG.com

Comments

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    I bought the game maybe 8-10 months ago. It's fun, but sooooo lonely if you're used to MMO's.
  • SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,416

Butch808 said:

Open PVP would take my interest to zero...It ruins exploration.

*hates on pvp, cos it ruins exploration, doesn't read/count the 18 quintillion ways to avoid pvp.*

we pvers had a pve game. Dont you pvpers always complain that PVE players come onto your precious gank fest pvp sandbox MMOs and complain about pvers wanting safe zones?

Dont bitch next time a pver comes to your game then and asks for safe areas.

I agree, pvp has no real place in a game like no man's sky, or 7 days to die etc, as it just becomes a gank/greif fest, it ALWAYS devolves to that every single time due to the mentality of the pvp playerbase today. if it was 15-20 years ago back when gamers actually had some respect for each other, it'd have been fine, but today? hell effing no.
    KyleranTacticalZombeh

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,897
    I had a blast with this game. I never cared about the bandwagon hate and just played it for what it was instead of what it wasn't. Glad to read that others are finding themselves open to perhaps playing the game now that it is becoming feature complete.
    Is it really going to be feature complete?  Can you run into others while exploring?  Can you grief others?  Can you join a side in those big fleet battles? 

I'm pretty sure Sean Murray stated those would be in the game before launch
  • ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    No matter what changed, this game doesn't worth a try, they lied multiple times already
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,875
    This is first person view right I was wondering why I did not buy it. Is there a third person mod by any chance.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,741
    If NMS has changed so much since launch, perhaps an updated review is in order. The one I saw at launch said the game had the problem of having no gameplay. :)
    Kyleran
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,499
    The saddest part about this to me is this is what the game could have been at launch, but instead the publisher went out of their way to get fast cash which really hurt the reputation of the dev team and the game itself. Really glad the devs didn't bail on this after the initial revolt that happened against the game as it was a game they really wanted to make. Hopefully after this next update some of the major reviewers will give the game a second look and give a good representation of all the extra work that has been put in.
    Kyleran
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,372
    Torval said:
    Kyleran said:
    I had a blast with this game. I never cared about the bandwagon hate and just played it for what it was instead of what it wasn't. Glad to read that others are finding themselves open to perhaps playing the game now that it is becoming feature complete.
    Yeah,  I'm funny like that. For some strange reason I prefer to play feature complete games.

Go figure.

;)
    Wait, I thought you were a huge EVE fan. How's the avatars coming along, even if all they do is walk around in 3D like every other modern MMO on the market?  At least in NMS you can actually do crazy things like land on a planet and get the hell out of your ship.
    Not one of your better comparisons. In all fairness I joined EVE about four years post launch, was a solid space ship game by them.

From what I've read or heard from those there since the beginning, EVE was pretty incomplete at launch, but the difference is they didn't market it as have "x" features and deliver only a small subset of them.

Contrast that with NMS, there were numerous videos about what was promised vs what was delivered,  with multiplayer gaming being the largest, but by no means the only missing feature.

AngryJoe did a great comparison in his review, the broken promises were legendary and universally panned was the "reset" feature.

Players who actually rushed to the center of the galaxy were stunned when the game put them back out at the edge, with some weird explanation along the lines of Stephen King's terrible ending to the Dark Tower series.

It will be interesting to see how many of the holes in AJ's video will be closed,  I'm sure he'll be revisiting it again.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    My draw to this game was discovering insanely cool and rare lifeforms, like the giant worm they had in the original trailer, or godzilla like creatures... sadly it seems it's the same derpy creatures all the time.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Looking forward to the update , ive enjoyed my time in NMS , yes , since its launch , was a bit dissapointed at some things at the start , but that happens with many games , i think NMS took more heat because of the over the top hype and price tag for admission ...

Keep up the good work tho Hello games , your vision for your game is becoming clearer with each update
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited July 2018
    Nope, All of the quoted changes are from the last years patch:

"Changes we’ve highlighted include a regenerated universe, newly opened portal stargates, new biomes, deeper trading, exocraft for advanced exploration, new modes (Survival/Permadeath/Creative), base building, new missions/story, terrain manipulation, crashed/interstellar freighters, and deeper space combat."

You can still get sent flying miles away from your exocraft when you eject from it.  This is a major pain.

This is a game you chill out in.  It isn't meant for you to get your next adrenalin rush in.
    [Deleted User]
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
    Kyleran said:
    Yeah,  I'm funny like that. For some strange reason I prefer to play feature complete games.

Go figure.

;)
    I don't care if a game is feature complete at launch. What I care about is if the experience that they present at the time of purchase was fun. This game was very fun to me. I could care less what others thought of it. 
    Yeah, there is a lot of reasons to play games, "for fun" isn't one of them on my list.

It's why I normally wait several years post launch until games are "finished" as it definitely impacts my enjoyment knowing the experience is incomplete or bug ridden.

Seeing the list of missing features from NMS at launch, yeah, a non starter for me.

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Scot said:

If NMS has changed so much since launch, perhaps an updated review is in order. The one I saw at launch said the game had the problem of having no gameplay. :)

I agree. I think we'll be doing that on both sites when NEXT comes.
    ScotOctagon7711

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I think they had a dedicated dream about the game but got lost in advertising politics. It's little surprise that they would learned from the experience and keep working on that dream.
    [Deleted User]

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    edited July 2018
    Is any game really feature-complete on release anymore? What's an example of this for references? I've never heard or worried about it before, but I do know that Day 1 DLC rubs me the wrong way. Is that tied into it at all?

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• cylon8cylon8 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    for anyone looking for a more indepth look at what has really been added into the game please watch this/

so say we all

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

Same. I really enjoyed the game for what it offered and that was tons of exploration. I will have to go back and play now now.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:

Go figure.

;)
    I don't care if a game is feature complete at launch. What I care about is if the experience that they present at the time of purchase was fun. This game was very fun to me. I could care less what others thought of it. 
    Yeah, there is a lot of reasons to play games, "for fun" isn't one of them on my list.

It's why I normally wait several years post launch until games are "finished" as it definitely impacts my enjoyment knowing the experience is incomplete or bug ridden.

Seeing the list of missing features from NMS at launch, yeah, a non starter for me.

See that's the thing. I didn't really follow NMS before release. I didn't know much about it. I saw it, read the copy and bought it. I played it, enjoyed it, then saw all the hate and 'mislead' consumers reviews after I had already started playing and had double digit hours in game already. 
    One of the things about the modern gaming landscape is there is an over saturation of information. Good and bad. Sometimes it is just better to enjoy the ride instead of dissecting everything ad nauseam. I really had no preconceived notions about the project. That allowed me to enjoy it or not enjoy it based on my opinion untainted by the opinion of others. 
    I enjoyed the game. 
    100% agree.

"Gamerz" have to get out of their own way as they are just ruining things for themselves.

Best to go in with very little expectations and see what the experience will be like.
    Kyleran
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    edited July 2018
    Sovrath said:
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:

Go figure.

;)

See that's the thing. I didn't really follow NMS before release. I didn't know much about it. I saw it, read the copy and bought it. I played it, enjoyed it, then saw all the hate and 'mislead' consumers reviews after I had already started playing and had double digit hours in game already. 
    One of the things about the modern gaming landscape is there is an over saturation of information. Good and bad. Sometimes it is just better to enjoy the ride instead of dissecting everything ad nauseam. I really had no preconceived notions about the project. That allowed me to enjoy it or not enjoy it based on my opinion untainted by the opinion of others. 
    I enjoyed the game. 
    100% agree.

"Gamerz" have to get out of their own way as they are just ruining things for themselves.

Best to go in with very little expectations and see what the experience will be like.
    I agree with you guys....now,  change of attitude in the past year towards single player games.

But not sure what to do with my nicely decorated "well of despair" that I built myself.

Perhaps I can rent it out to Wiz or something. 

;)
    Grunty

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,897
    Sovrath said:
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:

Go figure.

;)

I enjoyed the game. 
    100% agree.

It's easier to go in with low expectations when the studio head isn't going everywhere hyping content that isn't in the damn game
    alkarionlog
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892
    Sovrath said:
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:

Go figure.

;)

I enjoyed the game. 
    100% agree.

It's easier to go in with low expectations when the studio head isn't going everywhere hyping content that isn't in the damn game
    I've seen some of the interviews and that head developer (or whoever he is) does say a few things that are a bit beyond the pale. However, I've seen complaints from players that also seem like they literally made up some game in their mind and no man's sky was never going to be that game.

I think this goes back to Blue Turtle's comments and something that I've said for years: stop giving gamers/players information until the game is done. Or at least limit it.

And players should stop listening to interviews as if they were gospel and just buy games when they are released.
    Mendel[Deleted User]MadFrenchie
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • mike32927mike32927 Member UncommonPosts: 34
    I bought it at Gamestop brand new for $20 last month, and have been playing (and loving) the heck out of it. They already added two free patches, and this month they add the "Next" patch, and all are free. I'm not concerned about PVP getting added, after all there's 18 quintillion planets out there. The game has met, and exceeded all my expectations, it's my favorite PS4 game. At $20 on the PS4, it's a steal.
    [Deleted User]
    edited July 2018
    Torval said:
    Butch808 said:
    for those wondering about open pvp, most pvp will happen in the 1st galaxy anyway, also there will be only 16 people in your instance(think how elite dangerous works) and you can easily get out of the 1st galaxy by using the portal and only putting in the 1st glyph sign it will port you next to the centre of galaxy where it's one jump to the center.
    So in order to avoid a shit show I must avoid multiplayer altogether? It also completely changes the dynamic of the game I've been playing. It's not the same at all. It feels like I'm the only person who has a problem with this. Sucks for me.
    You would think they would add cooperative server instances along with PVP ones.

Yet they seem to be not doing so, or at least clearly stating what is really coming. 

Which usually means its likely going to be as you stated, a shit show.

I am considering playing it now, but I'll hold off buying until more is clear.