Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NPR Article on Gaming from a very Old Schooler

AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
It can befound here.

Here is an excerpt:

"And even in the last few years, whenever I would start a well-regarded game like Super Mario Galaxy, I would quickly get frustrated by my stuck points — the places where I couldn't figure out how to solve a problem that was difficult but not particularly interesting and that kept me from doing anything else until I'd solved it. I would get bored. I didn't want to spend an hour figuring out the exact speed at which I had to hit three buttons or whatever it might be; it was too much like punching in random codes until I lucked into the right one. I didn't want to bash my head into a wall over and over again — figuratively or literally — just hoping for a change in my luck. I didn't want to figure out by process of elimination — desperation, really — that a button did a thing there was no reason to believe it would do. I didn't want to get desperate in the first place. What's fun about that? "

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Octagon7711

Comments

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I first thought it was an interesting idea but I prefer more flexible games of that nature like The Sims that can be modded and offers lots of variety.  Just have to wait for sales as they are highly over priced.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey