Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

11 Things That Have Changed In No Man's Sky Since Launch - No Man's Sky Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited July 2018 in Videos Discussion

image11 Things That Have Changed In No Man's Sky Since Launch - No Man's Sky Videos - MMORPG.com

Hello Games' Sean Murray is ramping up the excitement to the NEXT content update to No Man's Sky that is coming later this month. In a new video, Murray details 11 things that have changed with the game since launch. It is, of course, not an exhaustive list, but it consists of the development team's favorite few.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Actually looks like a game worth playing, finally.
    Erillion

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    NMS evolves into what it should have been when it actually released, the rushed release of the game took priority because as usual companies who dates are more important than the game quality, but the decision to continue working instead of moving on helps it make a comeback from its failed release.
    pantarochocolate42069Rain_DeathravenErillionGdemamiTacticalZombeh
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Honestly I thought they would of dump'n'run but they've worked pretty hard for these updates. IMO deserves a second look.
    chocolate42069RateroRain_DeathravenErillionTacticalZombehMoonffang
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Have they added more robust multiplayer functionality? Seriously asking.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

Same. I was waiting for it to be "thing 11". That was one of the biggest white lies that was told in public about the game. Fixing that would mean a lot.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615

No Man's Sky NEXT Patch will add in true multiplayer game play.
    Tokkenchocolate42069djnj2000Erillion

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

Same. I was waiting for it to be "thing 11". That was one of the biggest white lies that was told in public about the game. Fixing that would mean a lot.
    Yes.  I don't even want MMORPG.  Just shared world drop-in drop-out would have me buying tonight to give it a try.

Torval said:
    MaxBacon said:
    NMS evolves into what it should have been when it actually released, the rushed release of the game took priority because as usual companies who dates are more important than the game quality, but the decision to continue working instead of moving on helps it make a comeback from its failed release.
    It never felt rushed to me. It was a pretty fun game very early on. The only real issue was the multiplayer fiasco where Sony threw a very naive studio under the bus to sell box copies.

For me, Elite:Dangerous felt rushed with some key features dropped. Star Citizen is the other end of the spectrum. It should have released a minimum viable product long ago. That is going to be a shit show no matter what they do. I can't see it living up to the hype they've created (even just for Squadron 42).

I never felt misled by how they described multiplayer and I didn't really care about it then so outside of that the game experience was pretty good for a "sandbox" style space explorer.

Interesting. From their front page: "Today we are letting people know that you’ll be able to play No Man’s Sky as a full multiplayer experience with your friends in NEXT.

I watched the video, and like Fly, I assumed my answers would come from there.  I haven't done much more on the way of researching the game, but thanks for the snippet!

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Torval said:

MaxBacon said:

It never felt rushed to me. It was a pretty fun game very early on. The only real issue was the multiplayer fiasco where Sony threw a very naive studio under the bus to sell box copies.

For me, Elite:Dangerous felt rushed with some key features dropped. Star Citizen is the other end of the spectrum. It should have released a minimum viable product long ago. That is going to be a shit show no matter what they do. I can't see it living up to the hype they've created (even just for Squadron 42).

I never felt misled by how they described multiplayer and I didn't really care about it then so outside of that the game experience was pretty good for a "sandbox" style space explorer.

Interesting. From their front page: "Today we are letting people know that
    you’ll be able to play No Man’s Sky as a full multiplayer experience
    with your friends in NEXT.

From their website, more details about the multi player.

https://www.nomanssky.com/2018/05/no-mans-sky-next-multiplayer-and-release-date/

Sounds pretty good, but I'll wait until after launch to see if it is actually delivered.

They have been long on promises before....

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:

Torval said:

MaxBacon said:

From their website, more details about the multi player.

https://www.nomanssky.com/2018/05/no-mans-sky-next-multiplayer-and-release-date/

Sounds pretty good, but I'll wait until after launch to see if it is actually delivered.

They have been long on promises before....
    It does make me want to pick it up.  But I wonder if there will be a NEXT release sale?

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Open PVP would take my interest to zero...It ruins exploration.
    NyghthowlerTacticalZombeh
    edited July 2018
    Torval said:
    No prob. I haven't kept up either. I was curious about the details.

This might actually change the game dramatically. Before it was a chill exploration game that could feel massive and overwhelming sometimes. I got lost once and was like, WTF this is huge.

Here is another quote from the article, "You’ll be able to explore the universe with a small group of friends, or bump into random travelers. You can help friends to stay alive, or prey on others to survive. Tiny shelters or complex colonies that you build as a team are shared for all players. Fight as a pirate or a wingman in epic space battles with friends and enemies. Race exocraft across weird alien terrains, creating race tracks and trails to share online."

Is it introducing open PvP? I certainly hope not. That would be a radical departure from the current game play loop and design.

Yes, that's light on specific system details and heavy on the marketing speak.  Guess that's not unexpected, but with release so close, I'd like a little more meat to the "About" section, if you will.

If it acts like Destiny in that it's shared world, and we have the option to opt into or out of sharing the universe for strictly PvE or for both PvE and PvP freely, I'll likely take the dive.

• GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    I pre-ordered this game, and played it for 30 hours at launch, and loved every minute of it. I lucked out by not having all the crash issues others were having. It was just a chill game of exploration, and I was having fun cataloging everything I could, naming stuff, and upgrading gear.

I've been fighting not to go back and lose myself in it again as I'm playing other things right now, but I won't be able to help it now with Next, especially if I can play with a few friends now!

I think them joining up with Sony kind of hurt them in the long run. Leading up to the release of the game, I think flooding destroyed their offices and a lot of work on the game. Had they had more time to recoup stuff, the game they released would've been different, but I don't think they had the freedom to do that.

HG has been killing themselves on this game since release. I enjoyed the initial game for what it was at the time, and it sounds like they've done nothing but add more things to the game for free since then.

Gut Out!
    MadFrenchie[Deleted User]SBFord

What, me worry?

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited July 2018
    This was the modern day of SPORE of gaming.

However, unlike Maxis with SPORE, they kept working on the game to make it better and its been a long time now and they are still working on it. Spore was abandoned pretty fast, despite having some DLC stuff that still didn't fix the game unlike No Man's Sky. Maxis deserved being shut down, especially cause of the stupid "cute team" faction inside Maxis that destroyed spore. People blame EA, but its really the brain dead intelligence of the cute team at Maxis that destroyed Maxis. I'm glad the cute team lost their jobs, I hope they had a hard time finding a new one of how incompetent they were to destroy SPORE with "cuteness".

But Sony is amazing to keep the company of No Man's Sky alive and give them a chance since they deserve it.
    rkip

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

I wonder though...how will mods will work in NMS Next. Will mods just not work? Will multiplayer not work? Will it be like GTA 5 where singleplayer is an option with mods, and multiplayer is separate? 

Cause the mods really make NMS amazing and an even more amazing game than it already is. 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    I had a blast with this game. I never cared about the bandwagon hate and just played it for what it was instead of what it wasn't. Glad to read that others are finding themselves open to perhaps playing the game now that it is becoming feature complete.
    Yeah,  I'm funny like that. For some strange reason I prefer to play feature complete games.

Go figure.

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    I loved NMS when released and it felt complete to me. However, NMS has expanded greatly and has been improved a lot. It has become an amazing game on a scale other space games can only dream of. So many new features, building, a harder/survival mode etc.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    SBFord
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    They deserve recognition for not cashing out.  But Sean Murray never took public accountability by apologizing for his massive blunders and false advertising
    edited July 2018
    Torval said:
    Kyleran said:
    I had a blast with this game. I never cared about the bandwagon hate and just played it for what it was instead of what it wasn't. Glad to read that others are finding themselves open to perhaps playing the game now that it is becoming feature complete.
    Yeah,  I'm funny like that. For some strange reason I prefer to play feature complete games.

Go figure.

;)
    Wait, I thought you were a huge EVE fan. How's the avatars coming along, even if all they do is walk around in 3D like every other modern MMO on the market?  At least in NMS you can actually do crazy things like land on a planet and get the hell out of your ship.
    they actually abandoned it cause of the backlash of the community that thought it was taking away from space

Hypocritically enough, most of those same people are excited for star citizen because...you can do more than just spaceships

Not saying Kyleran is one of those obviously, I dunno his stance on that.

But I remember walking in station "disaster" for EVE and vast majority hated it (wow was there so much hate for it on reddit and the official forums and MMORPG.com) cause they only wanted spaceships. But makes me laugh they then get excited for star citizen cause you can do more than spaceships rofl
    Gdemami[Deleted User]

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

Torval said:

MaxBacon said:

I don't think E:D was rushed - it seems to be it was intentionally aim low to make sure it gets to launch first and add things later (because I think out of the 3 E:D is pretty much the only one with no major financial backing).
    [Deleted User]
  • Butch808Butch808 Member UncommonPosts: 369

*hates on pvp, cos it ruins exploration, doesn't read/count the 18 quintillion ways to avoid pvp.*
    Butch808 said:

*hates on pvp, cos it ruins exploration, doesn't read/count the 18 quintillion ways to avoid pvp.*
    we pvers had a pve game. Dont you pvpers always complain that PVE players come onto your precious gank fest pvp sandbox MMOs and complain about pvers wanting safe zones?

Dont bitch next time a pver comes to your game then and asks for safe areas.
    Nepheth[Deleted User]TacticalZombeh

• Butch808Butch808 Member UncommonPosts: 369
    for those wondering about open pvp, most pvp will happen in the 1st galaxy anyway, also there will be only 16 people in your instance(think how elite dangerous works) and you can easily get out of the 1st galaxy by using the portal and only putting in the 1st glyph sign it will port you next to the centre of galaxy where it's one jump to the center.
  • KilraneKilrane Member UncommonPosts: 322

This^^

I pre-ordered the game and I have played it off and on since release. I've always enjoyed myself and I'll be diving back in after the NEXT patch hits.
    [Deleted User]