Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMO player political ideas

ChimborazoChimborazo Member UncommonPosts: 146
edited July 2018 in Off-Topic Discussion
I like to put labels on people and study their behavior and preferences, despite everybody shouting "all individuals are different!!!". 
I wanted to ask you fellows: what do you think is the average "political belief" of MMO players? Right / left, liberal / conservative etc. 
Do you think gamers care less (on average) about politics and stuff like that, because they're too focused on their games? 

Should I ask you not to turn this into Donald vs Clinton? 

Currently on: Guild Wars 2

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Yeah, no.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • ChimborazoChimborazo Member UncommonPosts: 146
    I believe that hardcore MMO players, in general, tend to care less about politics and other stuff in the real world. They're usually atheist and therefore pro abortion, divorce and anything else that the church is against.
    I would say that they're on average more open toward other cultures and immigration  since they get a chance to talk and play with people from different nations (not the type of people who's going to become a refugee ofc) but I've also always associated pepe the frog, alt-right and stuff like that to MMOs (not that every player is part of alt-right, just that most people in certain areas of the web usually are or have been avid MMO players) 
    Gorwe
    Gorwe said:
    Maybe some alt right people are actually far left people who feel betrayed by the current left?
    I don't know, never followed them tbh. 
    Would you like to expand your point of view? 
    I understand! 
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    I'm in the center with a slight pull to the left. 

<-----O-----> [I'm one dash left of center]

I believe that politics should have the same standards as science and academia. Essentially, evidence based policy and everything else. Any one that lies or misleads or says baseless shit is garbage regardless of what party. I disagree with both parties and think the middle ground is best. I also think that extremism in any form is a mental disorder but that's just me. 

Peace. 
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • ImNotHarryImNotHarry Member UncommonPosts: 27
    I play video games not for political discussions.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    What I have been encountering on these boards, and other boards populated by gamers, is that they are all over the board politically. If there is a trend I am missing it.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests